Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG

Options
  • 19-10-2008 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Yes Design And Communications Graphics a very awkward name for what is Technical Drawing up till last year. LC 2009 will be the first year for DCG, and yes we are the guinea pigs :rolleyes: Hopefully they will go easy on us. After seeing that sample paper things look good. I now think ill be able for honours and do good :eek:

So whats your opinion on this subject ?
    And does anyone know what the project thing will be as my teacher wont spill anything its like the f*cking secret service in my school.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

The project should have come through by now, that was the plan, but they are holding it to push back the end date until after we have got our exam numbers! Other than that, ive seen sample projects, but no idea what ours will act be like!

Havnt gotta a chance to see the sample paper yet, teacher said it was an improvement on the 1st sample anyways, he told us to take up history when he saw the first! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Are the sample papers on the interweb somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Paddy001 wrote: »

http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=sp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Paddy001 wrote: »
    Yep right here > http://www.t4.ie/DCG_Round_7/Sample_Papers/DCG%20Sample%20paper%20HL.pdf

Only one paper? And with the long questions are each q the same or will they move around and have different areas on each q?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

oh jesus lads what the hell? if im allowed to ask.

will nothing less than actually going out and buying a whole fecking docking station do?
    how is anybody supposed to get accurate measurements for their selected docking station, when you make your solid works? it doesnt make sense to choose something that not everybody has access to - and make them find out every detail in it!

im supposed to be working on output two...after about a week of searching and emailing manufacturers, i still cant get good enough specs!
    ok, so i have the proper specs from jae-connectors, for the 32 pin connector, but nothing else!

christ, im not asking for help here, but im just so goddamn pissed with this project now

aido179 wrote: »
    oh jesus lads what the hell? if im allowed to ask.

will nothing less than actually going out and buying a whole fecking docking station do?
    how is anybody supposed to get accurate measurements for their selected docking station, when you make your solid works? it doesnt make sense to choose something that not everybody has access to - and make them find out every detail in it!

im supposed to be working on output two...after about a week of searching and emailing manufacturers, i still cant get good enough specs!
    ok, so i have the proper specs from jae-connectors, for the 32 pin connector, but nothing else!

christ, im not asking for help here, but im just so goddamn pissed with this project now
    I think you can use LxBxH and just guesstimate the rest from there, it's only meant to be a representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cill-bill

the project was easy but the mocks were disgracefully hard, nobody in my school passed!!! and we are generally ahead of most of the schools iv talked to, one school near us, Newbridge college, didnt even do the mock because they were so far behind on the project

i stuck a pick of my photo realistic up, im about half way up in my class, wat u think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭kevogy

dcg is a load of ****e. we never did asemblies before, but in the mock exam i tried it cos i was bored. i got 17 marks for the attempt, it was the higest marked question in the paper

brought me up to a healthy 24%

it took me exactly 4 days to start and finish my project

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Im seriously suprised with mock results in my school and in everyone elses! The paper is essentially easier than any other years!

Fair enough theres sections that some people couldnt do or theyre not covered but we had everything covered fairly well all the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

cill-bill wrote: »
    i stuck a pick of my photo realistic up, im about half way up in my class, wat u think??

What was your second modification?

Anybody else want to upload some of their project then??

Advertisement