Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecology

Options
  • 19-10-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

I've started revising Ecology, I'm using "Biology" (imaginative name right there) by Michael O# Callaghan and in the first chapter on Ecology both marine and hedgerow habitats are discussed in relation to various factors and feeding relationships. Seeing as the habitat we studied was the hedgerow, am I safe to ignore all the stuff about a seashore habitat and just study the stuff relevant to the habitat I studied?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Yeah you only study the one you investigated. If you look at the exam papers they ask the ecology questions like "in reference to a habitat you have studied....." so you don't need the two habitats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

^i'll second that. Hes right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Pretty sure i have the same book.

We might have glanced through the seashore stuff, but we where basically told to ignore it, not relevant etc.

Most tedious part of Bio, I HATED IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah Ecology is terribly boring :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ecology is rubbish, but I get to go to the zoo in November as part of the ecology trip :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Yeah i foubd ecology really boring, but at the same time it is ridiculously easy, and marks in the bag if it comes up. and as well, we got to go to Fota as part of our ecology trip, so it wasnt all that bad:)

phasers wrote: »
    Ecology is rubbish, but I get to go to the zoo in November as part of the ecology trip :D

Ha! What on earth type of habitat are you studying?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Piste wrote: »
    Ha! What on earth type of habitat are you studying?!

Officially it's a grassland (aka a field) so we're going to the Phoenix park ;)

but unofficially we're all going for a day of zoo fun

Oh wow that sounds like much more fun than shivering in Glendalough! Although it was a lovely bright warm sunny day we were in the cold shade the whole time ogling worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

phasers wrote: »
    Officially it's a grassland (aka a field) so we're going to the Phoenix park ;)

but unofficially we're all going for a day of zoo fun

Yeah we did that too :D Only we called it an Irish Woodland, or something like that... Good day! About 2 hours of Ecology stuff then running around the zoo! :D

I hated Ecology with a passion. We have the same book, and he doesn't really do much to make it any more interesting..:(

But yeah, ignore the seashore stuff as far as I know! I won't be looking at it anyway! Most of the exam q's are "in relation to the habitat studied" or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Piste wrote: »
    Oh wow that sounds like much more fun than shivering in Glendalough! Although it was a lovely bright warm sunny day we were in the cold shade the whole time ogling worms.

At least you got to go to the real Glendalough!

We had to go to the one beside it, because Glendalough was booked out, no mountain goats for us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Hes right

This is a she btw!!
    I use that book too, actually we don't use it that much......mainly for diagrams of complicated stuff 'cos our teacher isn't exactly artistically blessed!! She says its good but has too much detail so we only learn our notes.

Advertisement