Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Straight swap 06 Nissan Almera

Options
  • 19-10-2008 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Bought a 06 Nissan Almera earlier this year but not happy with it at all.

The car is fine but it just doesnt suit me and I was looking to move to a Golf instead.

Now I dont want to spend more than I have so I was wondering do dealers do straight swaps at all?

I know they need to make a profit so I figure I ll have to take a hit on year/mileage maybe but just wanted to ask ye guys for some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I doubt you'd be able to do a straight swap, dealers are desperate to clear their forecourts, swapping a relatively desirable golf for an almera just wouldn't make sense imo. If they would, you'd be taking a massive hit on your current motor.
    That's just my 0.02 though. What is it that you dont like about the almera?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

your almera is worthless to a dealer practically. they dont want them. there hard to shift. hardly no one wants them. golfs on the other hand are always desired and make big bucks. i estimate your car at around €11000. for this money you will be lucky to get a 2004 and older ones are the older model aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

€ 11000??? I bought it in May for €14500!!!

I dunno just the look of it doesn't suit me.

Had a Stilo which I loved the look of, unique back lights.

The Almera looks like shoe, only took it because he gave me a good price for the Stilo.

So maybe not a Golf then eh or one with the Almera and a grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

My dad was looking at a 05 Almera for €6k on a dealers forecourt last week. Those things have an inflationary curve like Zimbabwean currency. They're worthless and nobody wants them.

€11k is supremely optimistic for a 06 Almera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

The dealer thing is a no go, they want cash.

Sell your Almera for as much as you can ( you will be lucky to get 8k imo ) and get a diesel golf or Focus, diesel again would be my choice.

Normal price for an Almera now.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Nissan/Almera/1.5-SXE/1159759/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The Almera looks like shoe, only took it because he gave me a good price for the Stilo.

It sounds like he had it added on to the top end, to give to you as a trade in. It's all about cost to change, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

That Almera is a faaaaaaaaar better car then a Golf I can tell you.

The modern VW is not within a million miles of what VW's used to be. They're badly made, they've got crap engines which LOVE oil, and the electronic's in them are pure crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cvisser

Sorry to hear all this Gloom & doom about your Almera but the guys are rite, i'm sellin 07 Almeras for €11,995 and would take 11,250 back for them, 06 taking back about €9,750, Limerick man is rite, they inflated the price on the Almera to soften the blow on the Stilo, Cost to Change!!!!!!!! Very Important, Did you get Finance from the Garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Flyer1 wrote: »

The modern VW is not within a million miles of what VW's used to be. They're badly made, they've got crap engines which LOVE oil, and the electronic's in them are pure crap.

Eh......:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Mr.David wrote: »
    Eh......:confused::confused::confused:

I think he mixed up manufacturers lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

OK, the new almera isn't exactly great either, but the engine's are a bit more solid then that of an equivelant VW - i've tried and tested both.

They don't make em like they used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Flyer1 wrote: »

I'm sure you have a lot of relevant experience with both models, but we're talking about actual cars here, not your Matchbox toys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

they're as low as €9,850 on carzone for that year... I think you'll struggle to get anything on a swap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tony cochrane

Unfortunately the above posters are correct. I'm working in the trade and your car is fairly undesirable. Even the likes of golfs, corollas and focuses have become slow sellers. You'd be doing very well to get 10 or 11k for an Almera now on a straight sale. Best of luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

€ 11000??? I bought it in May for €14500!!!

I dunno just the look of it doesn't suit me.

Had a Stilo which I loved the look of, unique back lights.

So maybe not a Golf then eh or one with the Almera and a grand?

I had an 04 Almera as well that recently which i sold as was kind of sick of driving it. Not too many dealers interested in a trade-in and those that were offered very low compared to what they were trying to sell them at. There are so many 2nd hand Almeras at present. Sold it privately instead. If you really want to change, price it as lower/lowest end of 06 almeras and it will sell. That said you will be taking quite a hit on it if you just bought it this year and at 14500 you paid a lot for it. The bottom has fallen out of 2nd hand prices but it also means that when you are purchasing you can get good deals. Good luck with decision.

Advertisement