Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a new team......

Options
  • 19-10-2008 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Hi all, is there anything you need to do to set-up a new airsoft team...i.e. forms to be completed or anything of the like or is it just yourself and a few lads decide on the name and badge and enter a few skirmishes thats it????

Just wondering as i am a total Noob at Airsoft, tried a search but didn't see anything

Cheers for any feedback lads :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just do it:p

Yeah, just pick a name(that isnt taken already:D)
    Pick a camo pattern, loadout rules(if any), patch, build a basic site/page if you want, and get out there. If you order camo together you can make savings on prices and shipping rates.

Lethal,
    Part-Time Pirates Captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Just do it:p

Yeah, just pick a name(that isnt taken already:D)
    Pick a camo pattern, loadout rules(if any), patch, build a basic site/page if you want, and get out there. If you order camo together you can make savings on prices and shipping rates.

Lethal,
    Part-Time Pirates Captain.

Cheers Lethal, is there anywhere to check if a team name has been taken???

Was just asking cos myself and 2 uncles and 1 or 2 other guys are getting started in airsoft and have yet to skirmish and i was just asking about prob setting up our own team if we decide to get really into it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

to see all the teams around and see what names are taken just look at the team recruitment thread. where are ya's based?

andy_g wrote: »
    to see all the teams around and see what names are taken just look at the team recruitment thread. where are ya's based?

Based in Dublin andy, just thinking about it nothing has been made definite yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

You don't even need matching camo, I personally like the slap-dash look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

You don't even need matching camo, I personally like the slap-dash look

have to agree there, i a fan of a bit of variety in the camo and gear, i think that a combination of camo can be rather effective (i've seen a combination of desert and woodland dpm work well) also with pouches on vest or webbing using a couple of differant colour on a molle vesy say od and cd can really look effective does not have to be over kill just maybe 1 or 2 cd pouches to od.

Cheers for the feedback lads, just thinking about setting up a team, sure we have never even skirmisged before lol:D

Just wanted to see if there was an offical path that had to be followed.

So from what i gathered all i need to do is the following:
    • Pick a name which has not been taken
    • Get a few ppl to join (any limits on numbers???)
    • Pick a Camo
    • Enjoy.........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

i would be interested in joining up with ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Get a few ppl to join (any limits on numbers???)

There is no limit on the amount of people you can have on the team but you might want to keep it to a managable level. You might get 5 people who will always turn out regardless of weather, site or other factors. That would be a result. On the other hand you might get a load of people to sign up but you cant get them all together regularly.

A couple of questions to ask yourself:

Will I be organising everything myself?
    How many can I effectively manage?
    How often will the team be able to get together for training, skirmishing etc.?

Just a couple of things to think about. Good luck with the team whatever way you decide to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

I wouldn't bother with making a team, join one of the already existing teams. Most teams don't seem to do alot, so make sure the one you pick or will accept you is active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

when picking a team try get people from all roles of the game such as real life eg.sniper eg aps2 ,assaults man eg m4 ,support wepons eg 249.remember to train on working as a team.having matching uni's is good too looks the part and ya can always spot your guys so not to have a blue on blue moment haha

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

To be fair...your team sounds like its all relatives and friends, which is cool.

Get your group together and jsut play for a while, dont get bogged down into roles, who does this commanders all that ****e, your family and mates, you can all have valid input into the team.

Training and all that can come down the line. Get your group together and just get playing, in whatever you want whenever, of course its cool to have the same loadout, but its not essential.

As mentioned above as regards teams dont do alot, id agree in the sense of team matches, which i am just itching to see happen ( no idea whats going on with ipal my CO aint said anything to us about it dont think)

Youll get to a point that you've played so much together, youll all know what your doing etc

Too much emphasis seems to be on " joining teams" for new players. Before joining any team or anything in any type of sport, you need to have played a bit first, understand whats going on, and have a general jist on teamplay and tactics.

Just go shoot **** with your lads mate :)

To be fair...your team sounds like its all relatives and friends, which is cool.

Get your group together and jsut play for a while, dont get bogged down into roles, who does this commanders all that ****e, your family and mates, you can all have valid input into the team.

Training and all that can come down the line. Get your group together and just get playing, in whatever you want whenever, of course its cool to have the same loadout, but its not essential.

As mentioned above as regards teams dont do alot, id agree in the sense of team matches, which i am just itching to see happen ( no idea whats going on with ipal my CO aint said anything to us about it dont think)

Youll get to a point that you've played so much together, youll all know what your doing etc

Too much emphasis seems to be on " joining teams" for new players. Before joining any team or anything in any type of sport, you need to have played a bit first, understand whats going on, and have a general jist on teamplay and tactics.

Just go shoot **** with your lads mate :)

Cheers Doc.

Will prob pop into the shop on sat, haven't been up in awhile:D
    Hope you have will have my lovely new M16 SPR inand also my M4 fixed..:)

Advertisement