Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hulk Hogans Celebrity Championship Wrestling

• 19-10-2008 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

The first episode of this aired last night in the states. It's fairly cheesy and a bit crap but what can ya expect really!

There's some good contestants on it though, they've got Sly Stallones brother and Danny Bonaduce who Hogan said really missed his true callinmg as a wrester!

It was great to see Bischoff back on TV and they'll have some guests such as
    Goldberg and RVD
    in the next few weeks so it should get interesting. I'll probably keep up with it for the laugh at least. Anyone else seen it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Where did you see it dude if it cant be mentioned here just drop me a pm plz eager to see the cheese heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

is it similar to that rubbish ITV had a few years ago with Piper??? Lee Sharpe was on it i remember

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

EdK wrote: »
    Where did you see it dude if it cant be mentioned here just drop me a pm plz eager to see the cheese heh

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

is it similar to that rubbish ITV had a few years ago with Piper??? Lee Sharpe was on it i remember

OMG, i hope not, nothing could be worse than that..
    It was just a re-branded Gladiators, just with the word WRESTLING.
    D'lo was the trainer kinda thing on that too right?
    EdK wrote: »

Me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

OMG, i hope not, nothing could be worse than that..
    It was just a re-branded Gladiators, just with the word WRESTLING.
    D'lo was the trainer kinda thing on that too right?

Indeed he was, cancelled after a few shows iirc. Had a former singer, children's presenter, wag, Jade Goody's ex and former BB winner among the 'celebrities'.

Trailer for Hogan's show from youtube:

Looks, eh...interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I could be wrong, But hasn't Rodman done wrestling in australia or somewhere before??? seems unfair to have him on the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I could be wrong, But hasn't Rodman done wrestling in australia or somewhere before??? seems unfair to have him on the show

You're not wrong. He's filed under WCW's celebrity alumni, along with other amazing wrestling stars such as Steve McMichael, Jay Leno and David Arquette.

And yes, he was as awful as it sounded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Is it being shown in Ireland anytime soon? It looks savage! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'd watch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What channel what time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Looks like many of the "celebrities" that normally show up or make an appearance on the many dire US reality TV shows. Dustin Diamond, brilliant. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

yes it is, same rubbish just with different players

Ruu wrote: »
    Looks like many of the "celebrities" that normally show up or make an appearance on the many dire US reality TV shows. Dustin Diamond, brilliant. :p

I dunno, i'd say Hogan vs Screech would be ten times better than last years Wrestlemania "main event". That hair vs hair match was bloody terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Knobbs and Beefcake as coaches, sweet jesus....2 of the worst workers in the history of wrestling,Rodman probably has more wrestling knowledge than both of them

To Beefcake's credit, he really tried hard to learn between 88-90 and had come a long way and was at the point where he was a pretty decent midcard worker. WWE saw this as well (along with Hogan's influence), and had him pencilled for a run with the IC title and a long feud with Hennig. Unfortunately, the parasailing accident destroyed his face, and his career along with it.

I won't argue with you on Brian Knobbs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I have seen the first episode. The whole thing thows kayfabe completly out the window, even when the matches are the comintator is commenting on how effetive such and such is as a heel. As a wrestling show its somthing new and its watchable, as a reality show its just plane boring. They need more behind the scenes stuff, Knobs ribbing Beefcake and stuff like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

bbq%20ribs.jpg

These are the only ribs Knobbsy deals with these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I think it looks really good,

like a better version of tough enough haha.................................................................................maven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

haha.................................................................................maven

Taken from Wiki:
    Maven was a host for a show on BET Jazz. He continues to work the independent circuit after nearly retiring, usually for Hermie Sadler's United Wrestling Federation. He also appears on the Home Shopping Network's weekday morning show, HSN Today, as its exercise and wellness expert.

HSN Today should be honored!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

its worse then tough enough! Its like tough enough crossed with XWS. the matches at the end are terrible

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This is glorious

http://www.ericbischoff.com/blog.asp?Path=T1,0003&MaxListings=

Especially Harvey's comments in the comments section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rovert wrote: »
    This is glorious

http://www.ericbischoff.com/blog.asp?Path=T1,0003&MaxListings=

Especially Harvey's comments in the comments section.

Did Meltzer actually say anything bad about the ratings? The only thing I remember hearing from him is that the first show did double what the network usually does in that timeslot

Bischoff's being a little liberal with his data there too. If he's going to include all repeats of the show then he should include all repeats of every other show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Fozzy wrote: »
    Did Meltzer actually say anything bad about the ratings? The only thing I remember hearing from him is that the first show did double what the network usually does in that timeslot

The first show did a .4 and the second did a .3 where the normal rating is a .2. He said that VH1 were very happy with it and that since they were replaying it all the time it got 2 million viewers for the week which isn't bad.

Fozzy wrote: »

Bischoff's being a little liberal with his data there too. If he's going to include all repeats of the show then he should include all repeats of every other show

Bischoff clearly got his copy in the mail as this refers to last weeks issue. Then offended bit:
    I thought this show would do ratings with the Hogan name and wrestling usually doing better ratings than average programming on most stations that carry it. Not the case, as the show did a 0.4 in its key prime time rating. They had two other airings, one that did a 0.3 and another an 0.2. The prime time rating was up from the usual 0.2 the network does . With tons of publicity going in on the show, something no other shows on the network get, that number was not a positive, particularly because it’s unlikely to improve that number over its eight-week run.

The bit were Eric said Dave was passing himself off as a MMA expert on Yahoo had me loling.

Dave didnt even write the update that set Bischoff off it was Bryan. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

This is really just a Hulk Hogan and friends show: Beefcake, Knobbs, Bubba the Love Sponge, Dennis Rodman, Jimmy Hart and Bischoff. That said, its not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

I'd definitely watch. It looks far better than the one before on ITV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Where are you guys watching this :confused: Is there an online stream ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

downloading aquiring it from the usual sources bud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Where are you guys watching this :confused: Is there an online stream ?

You can watch it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hulk+hogan+ccw&search_type=&aq=f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Bonaduce is watchable but the rest is a bit cack. It'd would've been great if Screech got his penis out and try to rape Butterbean

Advertisement