Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro ATMs in the UK

Options
  • 19-10-2008 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used Euro ATMs in the UK (or anywhere outside the Eurozone) ?

I have euro in an Irish account that I am trying to withdraw in London. The problem is that I want to withdraw this in Euro, as I would at home without any exchange charges.

There are machines dotted around London that dispense Euro including Travelex ATMs at Heathrow. If I use an AIB ATM card it's not clear whether the transaction will be processed as a withdrawal in Euro or whether it will go EUR-GBP-EUR with associated charges.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

From what I've seen you still end up going through a conversion process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I would be surprised if the bank let that opportunity to charge you slip by :rolleyes: and UK banks are notorious for charging.

Best bet is to give them a ring and find out, pick your ATM and ring that bank.

Alternatively could you write to your bank here and get them to send you a draft in Euro? It would probably work out cheaper, though take a bit longer.

Advertisement