Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easy guitar songs?

Options
  • 19-10-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I bought a guitar a few years ago but i lost interest in it...probably from a lack of progress. Anyway im trying to get back into it now(and taking it a bit more seriously) and i just want some recommendations on some easy acoustic songs to ease myself back into it as i plan on starting from scratch!

also any general tips would be appreciated...im going to base my practice around some of the methods and lessons on www.justinguitar.com and hopefully i can get an hours practice in a day.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

To start with, what kind of guitar music are you into? Much more likely to catch the bug and get through the initial finger training by playing something that you enjoy hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

I listen to alot of 90s rock/grunge, the likes of Nirvana, AIC, Pearl Jam etc etc so yeah i guess ideally id learn some of their songs. I also like some easy listening stuff like Ben Harper and Jack Johnson.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Nirvana is definitely a good start point for some power chords and basics. Alice in Chains has those kickass Cantrell licks. Yeah I would think that that would be your best bet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

nirvana for the win! cobains riffs give you such a good knowledge of rhythm and most standard chords, great place to start to be honest, lot of learning involved too, learning come as you are is one thing, learning love buzz is a very triumphant moment (look at me getting all nostalgic) so anything off nevermind and most of incesticide, green day are also a great place to start i remember learning all of insomniac by ear one day when id been playing a little under a year, really helped with ear training, you might wanna steer clear of pearl jam and aic for a while, at least until your fingers have got a bit stronger :D but yea, try think about your rhythm more than, like victor wooten said 'people will only watch me be flashy if its built on a strong groove' i cant remember most of the rest of it but he said 'make sure your groovin first' not that im saying completely ignore chords, its just at this point you're learning physically how to play guitar, learning theory is a whole other kettle of fish :D owh and good luck with it man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

I am in a similiar situation and I agree with your choice of justin's website - it's the best that I have found !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Agree about Justin Guitar great site.
    This guy is something similar. Videos etc

http://www.threechordguitar.com/

Advertisement