Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Causial'ish graduation dinner tomorrow - Recommendations?

Options
  • 19-10-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Totally last minute, and most places will probably be booked out, but can someone recommend me somewhere casual'ish (not bothered about price, but not interested in a snooty restaurant) for tomorrow evening? (Monday)

I was thinking McSwiggans in town or DaRoberta's in Salthill - if they're not booked out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

maybe try the radission. food is good and not that expensive either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

The Waterfront in Salthill. It's not that busy at this time of year, plenty of room, decent food and nice staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The Asian Tea House on Mary Street ..simply fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Surf & Turf in McSwiggans yum

On a side note, gf paid 70 euro for food in Kirwans the other day. Seriously, no food is that tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Al Muretto's does a mean chicken and brocoli pasta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cptn_underpants

Anyone know if KC Blakes or Ard Bia would be any good for a grad meal? Don't want anything too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Went to the smaller Da Roberta's - As usual the food was great and were happy with the service - Defo need to book though, every table was full... as usual!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Anyone know if KC Blakes or Ard Bia would be any good for a grad meal? Don't want anything too expensive
    I wouldn't go near KC Blakes these days. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and it was it was pretty clear that my gourmet burger was par cooked to begin with and then abused further. No one else I was with was too happy with their food either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote: »
    I wouldn't go near KC Blakes these days. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and it was it was pretty clear that my gourmet burger was par cooked to begin with and then abused further. No one else I was with was too happy with their food either.

Was it complaint-worthy?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Was it complaint-worthy?
    Probably but I didn't bother. They didn't have anymore than half a crowd in on that Friday night so I'd say they have bigger problems than my burger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement