Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending a text to someone abroad

• 19-10-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hey! I sent a text to someone and I am not sure if they are abroad at the moment or not. The report says that the message was sent successfully but does that mean that it was really received? I didnt use a prefix or anything and we are on different networks if that makes any difference.

I know someone will probably say "just call them" but I dont wanna be an irritation if they didnt wanna reply!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

just because your phone says the text was sent, doesn't mean it was received.

If you are texting an Irish number and the person is abroad you don't need any additional country code, you just text to the normal number 08x.....

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭riiight!

oh ok cheers for the info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

message sent on your phone just means that it's gone from your phone to the network's message centre. The only way to know if it's been delivered to the phone is to turn delivery reports on or call the person and ask them if they got it

Advertisement