Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Grade Point Average

Options
  • 19-10-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm just a bit confused about your final Grade Point Average. How is your final GPA calculated? I'm only in first year but I was wondering does my first year Grade Point Average contribute to my final degree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

What course are you in?

Every course has different degree weightings and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Actuarial and Financial Studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

No, just do well in the economics modules and you'll get the exemption. That's about the only important thing if you want to go on and be an actuary.

It's only 3rd and 4th year that count for your degree AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Sorry misread your post.

First year GPA has no bearing on your degree result.

For most 4 years degrees it's 3rd and 4th year that count. Most are 30% for 3rd year and 70% for 4th year.

^^^^
    Thank you Sean and Steph. I couldn't find that info anywhere on the UCD website!

• Advertisement

Sean_K wrote: »
    No, just do well in the economics modules and you'll get the exemption. That's about the only important thing if you want to go on and be an actuary.

It's only 3rd and 4th year that count for your degree AFAIK.
    Just on another point. Thanks for your advice about the Actuarial Course in an earlier thread in August. Your advice was brilliant and your right, Numbers and Functions does wreck your head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

No probs

Advertisement