Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5-a-side?

• 19-10-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi folks.

I'm just back home in Waterford after quite a bit of time away in Dublin. I'm wondering if anyone knows of an open-to-public 5-a-side footy game that I may sign to? Not played in a good while but looking to get my exercise going again, and did enjoy.

suggestiosn welcome,
    AJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

I can give you numbers to astro turf pitches around the town if you want to organise a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭partypiper

angry fox did you have any joy setting up your team

been lookin for a game of ball midweek if there's any about or if anyone needs an extra body for floodlit soccer thing that goes on i'd be up for it

partypiper wrote: »
    angry fox did you have any joy setting up your team

been lookin for a game of ball midweek if there's any about or if anyone needs an extra body for floodlit soccer thing that goes on i'd be up for it

It was another poster who was looking at setting up a team. It takes a lot a work to do and you need a panel of about 16 players for the nite-owls. Thinking about getting back into 5 a side. Anybody here intrested in a game on a friday evening??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

angry_fox wrote: »
    It was another poster who was looking at setting up a team. It takes a lot a work to do and you need a panel of about 16 players for the nite-owls. Thinking about getting back into 5 a side. Anybody here intrested in a game on a friday evening??

I might be, I warn you though I have become very unfit and put on a shag load of weight since I played last, I looking back into playing again.Also there is a slight problem of me being not very good.

ziedth wrote: »
    I might be, I warn you though I have become very unfit and put on a shag load of weight since I played last, I looking back into playing again.Also there is a slight problem of me being not very good.

No bother, sure it only a bit of craic. Any body else interested in a game?? Waterford boardsie five a side game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Thats two anyway I could easily get my hands on 3-4 players if we needed ta anyway. Be good laugh to actually try set up a game.

ziedth wrote: »
    Thats two anyway I could easily get my hands on 3-4 players if we needed ta anyway. Be good laugh to actually try set up a game.

I haven't had a game of ball in a while so i wonder what my fitness would be like. I could pull a few platers out of the woodwork. Anybody else here interested in a game???

Advertisement