Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Redknapp?

Options
  • 19-10-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Just throwing it out there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Would keep us up.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

I can't see how things are going to change under the current management so I would say yeah. There's been no improvement at all since the start of the season. If anything its getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

doesn't matter who manages us if the current shambolic structure remains in place. And include ENIC in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i have seen a little improvement in the team performance since the start of the year.

not enough to turn the tide quickly enough but its a start.

something needs to happen and soon.

big 'arry may well be the man but what about all this slavin bilic rumours???

not long out of his playing career and seems to be able to motivate croatia and is getting some good games from modric (more than spurs are anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I like Bilic too - but i'd prefer Roy K, a long term Spurs fan as well.

Bet the guys with the man bags would be watching from the bench in future.

We should change our sponsor to Brylcreem or Chanel. Amber Solaire would be an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Redknapp no, Keane yes, although im getting to the stage where I could'nt give a fiddlers who manages us if he does the business.

Either way, DOF has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

harry is an obvious choice doubt if he would come though ,keane probably not a runner dont think he wouldwork to well with the current managerial structures or personell.
    Who does it leave big sam,souness whatever happens i dont believe ramos/poyet can stop this team from being relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would actually rather Die then see Harry Redknapp or Souness in charge, I think Big Sam would be an Ideal choice, I wouldn't mind Keane. I agree that major changes are needed I think the worst thing we could do right now is nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

have some of you forgot how bad big sam was at newcastle? souness aint up to it either. As for that thief 'arry... it will be a sad reflection on our club the day he is appointed our manager. If and its a big if ramos does go R Keane is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

There's not a chance in hell that Redknapp or Roy Keane would consider the Spurs job at this moment in time.

I honestly can't see any big name proven manager coming in at this stage. I hate to even think about it but it would probably be someone like Joe Kinnear or Dennis Wise.

• Advertisement

RichMc70 wrote: »
    There's not a chance in hell that Redknapp or Roy Keane would consider the Spurs job at this moment in time.

I honestly can't see any big name proven manager coming in at this stage. I hate to even think about it but it would probably be someone like Joe Kinnear or Dennis Wise.

I dis-agree completely. There would be several big names who would love a crack at Spurs including Harry and Keane.

Although I would admit we would have to knock the DOF set up on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

something will have to change if we can't beat Bolton next Sunday (and I doubt if we'll get any points from that game either). not sure who to suggest but someone who has experience in the Prem is needed so that rules out Bilic.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I dis-agree completely. There would be several big names who would love a crack at Spurs including Harry and Keane.

Although I would admit we would have to knock the DOF set up on the head.

At this moment in time if you were a proven manager would you want to work under Levy & Commolli.

Any coach/manager who would throw their hat into the ring at this stage would either be:-
    • Using Spurs as a stop-gap
    • or a Total mercenary

Either way, I don't think we're gonna get anyone better than we have at present. Thats how bad it has got.
    There needs to be some serious changes at the top of the club but, as it stands, it's looking like we'll have to bite the bullet and prepare for a season in the Championship. Hopefully then we'll get those changes and bounce straight back up to the Premiership for the 2009/2010 season.

IF, and thats a big capital IF we got rid of the director of football piece, Im convinced Harry , Roy and several more would jump at the chance of managing Spurs.

Harry would probably look at it as his last challenge before retiring. He appears to me to be slightly pissed off at Portsmouth due to the lack of finances he has to push them on, again I think he'd love a crack at us.

Roy is currently out of contract as such and very little compo would have to be paid to Sunderland, again Roy would Im sure love the challenge, aswell as being a Spurs fan.

how did the whole DOF come about at spurs?

its a mainly european thing isnt it? but if english teams do so well in euorpe at the min why not stick with that? its to take some of the workload off the manager/head coach as far as im aware.
    but could the manager/head coach not just tell his head scout i need a DM for example and leave the scouts to do their work and bring in 5 or 6 names and work together there and pick the opne or two most suitable..........

seems to me it just adding another name on the board and complicating things a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

In the space of twelve months, both Jol and Ramos are deemed failures at White Hart Lane.
    If Martin Jol is a failure as manager, how come his team are top of the Bundesliga?
    If Juande Ramos is a failure as manager, how come his previous team were so successful in all those cup competitions?
    Maybe we should be looking elsewhere, other than underperforming managers, for the cause of Spurs' problems.

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Harry Redknapp is an annoying old stoney faced old fart!! and his son annoy's me too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

ziedth wrote: »
    I would actually rather Die then see Harry Redknapp or Souness in charge, I think Big Sam would be an Ideal choice, I wouldn't mind Keane. I agree that major changes are needed I think the worst thing we could do right now is nothing
    Big Sam the long ball merchant,the fans would go mental in London...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

ruiseal wrote: »
    In the space of twelve months, both Jol and Ramos are deemed failures at White Hart Lane.
    If Martin Jol is a failure as manager, how come his team are top of the Bundesliga?
    If Juande Ramos is a failure as manager, how come his previous team were so successful in all those cup competitions?
    Maybe we should be looking elsewhere, other than underperforming managers, for the cause of Spurs' problems.

Just a thought.
    Good point lad..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Lads, I come in peace, seriously. Not that I would like to see it myself, but right now, given the lack of spirit that the side seems to be displaying, if you were offered Keegan, would yis take him?

Whoever suggest Allardyce should be shot. Can you honestly see his long ball tactics pleasing WHL, or even working with a team comprised of Bent, Modric, Lennon, Bentley etc.

I think 'Arry will retire if he leaves Pompey. He seems very settled there and content to see it out. Keane could be an option, but not till next summer. He is a man of principal, and he wouldn't leave Sunderland in the lurch at this stage of the season.

I've seen it suggested that, should Levy continue to stand firm and back his man, would someone being brought in to help Ramos (ala Venables with Boro) be some sort or a consolation, just to see the season out and secure safety, before a proper overhaul at all levels could be undertaken in the summer.

For what it's worth, I hope to see Spurs stay up this season (as long as its not at the expense of the Toon).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Can you honestly see his long ball tactics pleasing WHL

The Bolton fans didn't seem to mind when they where in the top 7 Charlie, And they didn't much better of a team that we have now (If at all). I was thinking this moring of the argument that Replacing the manager will cause more harm then good when in keeping in mind managers alot of the time when they take over a club they inspire the players to go on a run. Roy keane springs to mind but that are much better prem examples.

What about Klinsman? He did a great job for the german team in the world cup, Spurs fans love him, he would come to the club. Is he working at the moment?

managing bayern munich.

his name has been thrown around a few times linking with spurs.

also bilic has said he is happy with croatia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

The Bolton fans didn't seem to mind when they where in the top 7 Charlie, And they didn't much better of a team that we have now (If at all). I was thinking this moring of the argument that Replacing the manager will cause more harm then good when in keeping in mind managers alot of the time when they take over a club they inspire the players to go on a run. Roy keane springs to mind but that are much better prem examples.

Without sounding like a pr1ck, the Bolton fans couldn't complain could they? It's not like they were used to any sort of a decent standard of football to begin with? And there's a big difference between managing a team in front of a half full, relatively quiet Reebok week in and week out, and managing in front of a packed WHL. Sam learnt that when he came to St.James.

But that aside, my point about the two squads is that, yes, while Spurs have the better overall squad, Bolton had the better squad in terms of the football Allardyce likes to play. It was a team full of bruisers and ball winners, with the odd flair player. Spurs just don't have that sort of strength, build, or height in their side to accommodate Allardyce's style of football.

Without sounding like a pr1ck, the Bolton fans couldn't complain could they? It's not like they were used to any sort of a decent standard of football to begin with? And there's a big difference between managing a team in front of a half full, relatively quiet Reebok week in and week out, and managing in front of a packed WHL. Sam learnt that when he came to St.James.

But that aside, my point about the two squads is that, yes, while Spurs have the better overall squad, Bolton had the better squad in terms of the football Allardyce likes to play. It was a team full of bruisers and ball winners, with the odd flair player. Spurs just don't have that sort of strength, build, or height in their side to accommodate Allardyce's style of football.

Totally agree with you there Charlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Jaysus...i just threw it out there. Didnt anyone to bite, le alone Daniel Levy. Im chuffed tho. We're not goin down.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    IF, and thats a big capital IF we got rid of the director of football piece, Im convinced Harry , Roy and several more would jump at the chance of managing Spurs.

Harry would probably look at it as his last challenge before retiring. He appears to me to be slightly pissed off at Portsmouth due to the lack of finances he has to push them on, again I think he'd love a crack at us.

That post was a good call Hatch.

yeah hatch do you "see" anything else happening??

you a physic? ha ha :)

Ha Ha love it.

Have to say, im delighted with what has happened over the last 24hrs. No better man to motivate players and get his point across to them and hopefully get the best out of them.

Im heading over for pool game next sat, cant wait for it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Now if we could only sign Kevin Davies :eek:

Much sooner 'arry than the big W.Midlands twat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Harry Redknapp is an annoying old stoney faced old fart!! and his son annoy's me too!!

Howdya feel now?

Though must agree as regards 'Jamie'....irritating little poncey bastard...

Advertisement