Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prams

Options
  • 19-10-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes in any case, does anyone have (for sale) or know where we might get an 2nd hand old style pram (Silver Cross Type), have found one place in Rathcole that sells them new €1100 or so but with the recession I think that its a little too much, any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes in any case, does anyone have (for sale) or know where we might get an 2nd hand old style pram (Silver Cross Type), have found one place in Rathcole that sells them new €1100 or so but with the recession I think that its a little too much, any suggestions welcome.

No, but jeebus chrizzlies, that's expensive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The old style prams are not very practical though... Would you not go for one of the new style Silver Cross with a carry cot??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Road-Hog wrote: »

My mum bought one online last year for about half the price froma site in England. I can't remember the site where she got it from now but I'm sure if you google Silver Cross Pram you'll get a few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

The old style prams are not very practical though... Would you not go for one of the new style Silver Cross with a carry cot??

My sister had one and she had to buy another as it was way too heavy. For 2nd hand try buyandsell or rollercoaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

My sister had one and she had to buy another as it was way too heavy. For 2nd hand try buyandsell or rollercoaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mac13

Hi Road- Hog,

I'm a lover of the classic coach built prams too. If you go onto preloved.co.uk you'll find plenty for sale, or if you go into the pram restoration forum there, there are plenty of people who recondition the classics to new and sell them on. Pat at Classy canopies is more than helpful and a reputable seller try contacting her through her website. the other option is is you contact babybirds.co.uk they sell on factory seconds of the new silver cross Balmorals and Kensingtons. You'd just have to negotiate postage from the UK. Ebay.co.uk has lots at times but not always as photo'd when you get your goods. I got an old silvercross posted to me from an ebay seller and unfortunately it wasn't nearly as good as the photos when it arrived.

Hope you find one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lilymily

Hi, can anyone help? I've just bought a Silvercross 3d pram system which comes with its own carrycot I suppose you would call it and am wondering if anyone out there has the same - did you buy a seperate mattress to put into the carrycot or did you let your baby lie in the carrycot. I can't work it out especially as there's a harness attached to the carrycot so where does the sheet go?? Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

The old style prams aren't very practical.

Would you be better looking at (say) the Silvercross Surf?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Jame Gumb as the post is 3 years old I suspect suggesting a buggy at this stage is a little out of date :) you obviously love your silver cross surf though ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Lol - Didn't even see the date - Child's probably in school at this stage!

Sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Just in case anyone else is looking for this kind of stuff, there's a 2nd hand buggy shop in Celbridge, they have old style prams for under €20. The guy told me it was about 14 years old, and it's now too old looking to sell, and too new to be vintage, looks the part if you are looking for and old style one. That shop also had newer travel systems, I got one off them, highly recommended, they only open on a Saturday though.

Advertisement