Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coming to cork for the new year

Options
  • 19-10-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

the last few new years me and my mates have went to Galway for the new year which is fantastic but we fancied a change this year so we've booked up for Cork,we're staying in a travelodge outside the city at Black Ash
    Kinsale Road Roundabout, Frankfield Road, which on the website we booked it says it's about 2 miles from the city so i was just wondering if there are any buses that go past this route quite regularly or whether we need to get taxis which we'd be getting back to the travelodge anyway,cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

The No. 6 passes it I think.
    A taxi would be fairly cheap anyway as it would be max. 10 mins away from the city at night

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

the number 6 does not go all the way down to the Travel lodge. You are 5 mins from the city center in a cab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭veronica

I hope its not the New Years eve u are coming to Cork it's a disaster as the City Council put on nothing and everyone stays in and gets take away from off Licence. If u past the Petrol station and walk up the hill u can get the bus from their into town but make sure u get off in Douglas before u go into town not to be missed, in fact it can be better then town and try Barry's bar, East Village and loads of great places to eat in Douglas and u can get a Taxi just outside Barry's to town.Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

Would be a bit of a hassle to get a bus to be honest, your best bet's a taxi. The Kinsale Road Roundabout where that Travelodge is is at the end of the South Link Road, which is a straight line into town...Usually a taxi from town to anywhere around there (Grange, Douglas etc. would cost anything from €15 to €25 depending on the night. I'd be guessing around the €25 at least for New Year's Eve though!

Just to let you know as well that there's an Eddie Rockets and a petrol station just next to the Travelodge.

Hope the night goes well for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eddie_Vedder

veronica wrote: »
    I hope its not the New Years eve u are coming to Cork it's a disaster as the City Council put on nothing and everyone stays in and gets take away from off Licence. If u past the Petrol station and walk up the hill u can get the bus from their into town but make sure u get off in Douglas before u go into town not to be missed, in fact it can be better then town and try Barry's bar, East Village and loads of great places to eat in Douglas and u can get a Taxi just outside Barry's to town.Enjoy!
    yeah we fly in on the 29th and leaving on the 2nd but from what's been said so far we'll prob just stick to taxis but i'l take stopping off in Douglas into account,thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Bring the rest of Pearl Jam with you, will ya?

Advertisement