Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitter/Childminder/Tagalog speaking(Filipina) Wanted!!

Options
  • 19-10-2008 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Filipina wanted for childminding in South Dublin,Monkstown area.
    We are looking for a tagalog speaking native,who also speaks English, to come in home and look after my 9 month old Baby Girl. (Filipina because my child is a filipina girl and in the rights and interest on an Educational basis,we need her to be able to speak both Filipino and English and as Parents and potential Employers, we have the right to chose what is best for our Baby). The job will entail all the Baby duties as normal, and we will need the childminder for 2-3 days a week, on different days.. Please PM me if anyone is interested, or knows of anyone available, and i can discuss the details with you..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Why do you want a fhilipina?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 edvedd10

Why do you want a fhilipina?

Hi..
    We want a Filipina because my baby is Half filipino.. My GF/Fiance is a Filipina.. And we want a filipina so that she can talk Tagalog and english to my baby, but mostly english also. and also we would be more comfortable wih a filipina only because my baby only really sees filipinos on a day to day basis...
    Are you Filipina?
    PM me if you can..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Your post is in clear breach of the Equal Status Act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Would it be in breach if he asked for a fluent Tagalog speaker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

They also cost a lot less. Why not fly one over from the Philipines that is ignorant of minimum wage in this country and you can pay her less than half that a month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

WindSock wrote: »
    They also cost a lot less. Why not fly one over from the Philipines that is ignorant of minimum wage in this country and you can pay her less than half that a month.

Oh for god's sake, give the OP a break, he's only looking for what he thinks is in the best intrest of his child. Fair enough he could have worded it a little more PC.....

He said nothing about wages so who are you to judge??

Good luck with your search OP, try the agencies, just say that the minder needs to speak both languages :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

WindSock please refrain from that type of comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

No, because that affects whether they could do the job they were hired for or not. Easily fixed with a quick edit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 edvedd10

Very true.. Let me ask people this!! Would you be in breach of Equal status acts if you Needed specifically a plumber perhaps? What would carpenters or Block layers think??? Would you get a carpenter, knowing he/she is not exactly what your looking for?
    As i edited in the original post, we need a filipina because almost all filipinas speak Tagalog,which (for non Philippinos) is the national language of the Philippines.. So as i honestly doubt any other Nationality can speak Tagalog, We seek a Filipina..Please....and Thank you..

Salamat!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

edvedd10 wrote: »
    Very true.. Let me ask people this!! Would you be in breach of Equal status acts if you Needed specifically a plumber perhaps? What would carpenters or Block layers think??? Would you get a carpenter, knowing he/she is not exactly what your looking for?
    As i edited in the original post, we need a filipina because almost all filipinas speak Tagalog,which (for non Philippinos) is the national language of the Philippines.. So as i honestly doubt any other Nationality can speak Tagalog, We seek a Filipina..Please....and Thank you..

Salamat!!

dude - save yourself a lot of hassle. Just advertise for a native tagalog speaker. They don't have to be Filipina, right? just as long as they are native tagalog speakers. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They would have to be if they want the childminder to be raising the child in adherance with traditional cutlural values and mores of their family and to have someone else in the child's life who looks like the child's mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

my point is - if you advertise for a native tagalog speaker - how many native tagalog speakers who would be willing to work as a childminder are there that are not Filipina?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

tbh wrote: »
    my point is - if you advertise for a native tagalog speaker - how many native tagalog speakers who would be willing to work as a childminder are there that are not Filipina?

Best to drop "native" and use "fluent" instead, same basic effect, but "native" could still lead to discrimination charges, but fluent would not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I don't know of anyone, but depending on how many hours you are looking for, you could try the hospitals- there are many Philipina nurses who might be looking for some extra income on their days off, or may have husbands/ wives who are also in the country and looking for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

The tone of some peoples replies in this thread are utterly ridiculous. They, as a family are entitled to seek a Filipina minder if they feel it is best for their child, especially if the mother is Filipinna and they would like their daughter to speak Tagalog. You'd hardly hire a German to give a kid French grinds. I would like to know who exactly is going to come after them for incorrectly wording their needs. Apart from a few militant people in here.

Anyway OP, have you tried rollercoaster.ie? The boards in there have all nationalities looking for childminding work. Go to the childcare section, it is your best bet and you won't be met with the same replies as in here. People normally tell you up front what nationality they are and what they are looking for and their experience.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

silja wrote: »
    I don't know of anyone, but depending on how many hours you are looking for, you could try the hospitals- there are many Philipina nurses who might be looking for some extra income on their days off, or may have husbands/ wives who are also in the country and looking for work.

There are usually notices in Café Manila or Alto Store in Middle Abbey Street for people looking for, and also offering this kind of service...

Advertisement