Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a speed limiter build into Netopia 2247 routers?

Options
  • 19-10-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

I hooked up a Netopia 2247 to my Smart Telecom home broadband. Have it working. But just one problem;

It won't give me the 6Mb download I'm paying for. I've been on the 6Mb package for over a year and it was fine. Just not happening with this router.

The router has the latest update for ADSL2+.

In the router settings this is what it says;

Speed
    3456/576 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    35/14 dB

And when I do speed tests at speedtest.net and smarts own one I get just under 3Mb download everytime. But my upload of 512Kb is fine. I've restarted the router and rebooted my laptop a couple of times.

I'm just wondering if there's a setting that limits the Netopia? It was originally my mates for his Eircom 3Mb package. So it seems a bit coincidental that all I can get is 3Mb.

Any help ??

Comments

Apart from being peices of junk,it should be fine.

Are you able to change the settings you posted.

Cause as is its set to 3mb DL 516kbs UL.

If this can be change(never used a netopia) change the DL to over
    6456/576

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Try power cycling it a few times to maybe achieve the desired result/speed. Then try resetting it after you write down or memorise all the relevant settings.

Although you have probably done all of this, is the smart one broke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Try power cycling it a few times to maybe achieve the desired result/speed. Then try resetting it after you write down or memorise all the relevant settings.

Although you have probably done all of this, is the smart one broke?

Power cycling?

No I just swapped routers with my mate because this is wireless and I have a laptop and he has a pc without a wireless card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

It just means turning on and off the router a few times to see if anything changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

It just means turning on and off the router a few times to see if anything changes.

Oh ok heh.

I'll give that a go tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement