Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorel at it again

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Yeah read this. He's still denying wrongdoing from what I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

TommyGunne wrote: »
    Yeah read this. He's still denying wrongdoing from what I've seen.

No smoke without fire probably.

Not bad for betfair though i suppose - no such thing as bad publicity and if/when they dump him, can probably put a positive spin on it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

std

• Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Now where are all his defenders when I said that he had all the traits of someone who would do it again. All his actions pointed towards it, he was never truly sorry for doing it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

even his story is rubbish. He should be ban for life not 3 months.

and he should be drop from Betfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

the dirrrrrrrty fecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It'll be interesting too see what some of the David's here feel about this.
    Imper1um wrote: »
    LOL , and this is why I don't read the forums, nothing but drama and people spreading false rumors.... Initially I wasn't going to respond to this but it seems like it's getting a little bit out of hand.

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I only got suspended on Pokerstars and it was for a minor infraction which I don't think I should have been suspended for in the first place.

Basically what happened was I was at the airport in Barcelona , ready to fly to London, when I realized that I had already preregistered for one of the WCOOP events ($300R PLO). Since the flight from Barcelona to London is only an hour, I called my friend (who will remain nameless) from the airpot and asked him to login and play until I arrived at my hotel and set up the internet. I ended up getting to my hotel about 1hr and a half into the tournament. I told him to log off, he did, and I continued playing the rest of the tournament.

This is the only time I've let anyone login to my account since the incident on FTP.... I had no malicious intent and my actions were 100% reasonable and innocent.

I knew I should have been smarter and just blinded out accepting the $300 loss. It's evident that Pokerstars has me red flagged because they think I'm associated with JJ in more ways than I am and because of the FTP incident.... I feel like they were just waiting for me to slip up and I guess this was enough for them.

Pokerstars wanted to suspend me for 6 months but after continuous back and forth e-mails they reduced the suspension to 3 months.

Although I don't agree with the suspension and think it's extremely harsh given the circumstances, I can appreciate the fact that Pokerstars is enforcing their rules and doing their part in protecting the integrity of online poker.

It's just flat out greed for someone that good to resort to this. In a way it will always be the best players involved in high profile, big $ cheating like multi-accounting because they are the ones rolled to do it.

I wonder how much time & money big sites invest in the security/detection side of things, are they skimping on it or doing all they can?

It'll be interesting too see what some of the David's here feel about this.

No way he made it from Barcelona to London and into his hotel in 1 hour 30, and the flight time is 2 hours for a start.

Anyway, if you know you're gonna be missing 2-3 hours of a tournament why bother registering for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boba_fett3099

i think he and annette should get it on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i think he and annette should get it on

4 baller with the frickiemister FTW imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    the dirrrrrrrty fecker

he sat to my right on day 1 of the irish open for a while and the smell of him, he must be cheating to smell that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boba_fett3099

4 baller with the frickiemister FTW imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maybe the flight left before the start of the tourney, say an hour before.
    Still though, the obvious solution is to phone friend to unreg you for the event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

you guys give a mob a bad name

zero benefit to him or cheating in what he did. just stupid given the history

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

a147pro wrote: »

there are lots of people good at poker who are also very stupid otherwise.

a147pro wrote: »

there is a big benefit. A change of playing style allows you to take a advantage of the table as players would have build up a image of your play and than you change player and style and hand ranges change.

Its the worse type of cheating online. A life ban from stars is the only option forget 6 or 3 months. Also, he should have known better. And even worse he doesn't think he cheated. Tells me he's been at worse.

Ollieboy wrote: »
    there is a big benefit. A change of playing style allows you to take a advantage of the table as players would have build up a image of your play and than you change player and style and hand ranges change.

Its the worse type of cheating online. A life ban from stars is the only option forget 6 or 3 months. Also, he should have known better. And even worse he doesn't think he cheated. Tells me he's been at worse.

now in fairness the worst type of cheating online is that exposed by the UB scandals, i.e. the superuser accounts. the next worse is players at the same table sharing information as per their holdings which is virtually unpoliceable.

from what Sorrel says he did he asked a mate to play the first one or two hours of an Omaha rebuy tournie. I cannot imagine a situation in which the advantage to be gained by representing yourself as someone other than the person actually playing is more marginal.

and I also think that the extent to which someone playing a different account gives them an edge is wildly overestimated. most people online are multitabling and aren't rally watching. even if they think you are someone who plays in a certain way it is perfectly open to you, indeed advisable, to deliberately play a different way anyway. anyone as good as Sorrel is good enough to know and do this as appropriate. there is undoubtedly a tiny edge to be gained but it is wildly exagerrated and in most instances players will play a different way simply because they are in a hand with a known big winner per se, rather than because they have a particular impression of how that person plays.

incidentally what is the crack with the reference to the JJ scandal?

and is there any proof he bought the accont of the Korean Sunday winner? I find that so weird as I can't understand why you'd bother entering a tournie if you knew someone else was that much better than you that you'd be better of letting them play. I also can't understand how you'd go about arranging to do that unless you were mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,324 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

he sat to my right on day 1 of the irish open for a while and the smell of him, he must be cheating to smell that bad

Cant comment on the smell, but the pr1ck 5bet AI with AJ and hit his J to bust my AK and knock me out of the IO :(

This thread...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/video-eli-elezra-has-17-accounts-fulltilt-howard-lederer-knows-323464/

is pretty funny. Eli Elezra saying he has 17 accounts on FT and getting the look from Lederer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

ah it's not the end of the world.

also, as I recall in the Boards coverage of that event someone was saying Sorel was running sick as he had managed to FT or take down a big online event during the tournament.

Speculation was, a la de Woulfe, he had finished one night's play then gone online...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭monoP54

Its quite depressing, this whole situation.

I doubt the guy set out to cheat when he got into online poker - its just it was so easy to. That said he is a classless p o s to have got so stuck into as he did.

There will always be folk at it - its the nature of the beast.

Makes me want to quit online play myself altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

lol at donkaments and tbh this melodramatic thread.

He got a ban for 3 months - more than adequate imo (and if he deserved it all it's for being an idiot in doing it in the 1st place given his history) - and no way near the worst cheating in online poker. While there probably is a very slight edge overall I'd actually imagine it can back fire on yeah sometimes - when someone would play you in a way that's unexpected.

will he ever learn....

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/imper1um-aka-zangbezan24-cheat-again-323183/

nothing seems to be defo, but again is name is in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Ollieboy wrote: »
    will he ever learn....

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/imper1um-aka-zangbezan24-cheat-again-323183/

nothing seems to be defo, but again is name is in the mix.

I dont know which is funnier

a) the fact that some guy on 2+2 brought an old thread back to life and you think its a new thread with a OMG sorrell is at it again drama bomb

or

b) the fact that you brought a 4 month old thread back to life on this forum to tell us about somebody bringing a 4 month old thread back to life on another forum.

wp anyway Ollie, 10/10 for effort :pac:

I dont know which is funnier

a) the fact that some guy on 2+2 brought an old thread back to life and you think its a new thread with a OMG sorrell is at it again drama bomb

or

b) the fact that you brought a 4 month old thread back to life on this forum to tell us about somebody bringing a 4 month old thread back to life on another forum.

wp anyway Ollie, 10/10 for effort :pac:

thats why I post it, I couldn't figure out was it the 4 months old story been recycled or something new, but thank god boards as clever people like you to inform us.

Advertisement