Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Emission differances between Ireland and the UK in relation to VRT

Options
  • 19-10-2008 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

I am sure it is in here somewhere but was wondering if somebody could assist me. I am considering buying a march registered 08 passat from the UK. I never consdered the DSG model as I always believed it raised the CO2 emmisionas and put the car into the next level of tax. However, I have found differances between the irish and UK specs. I am looking specifically at the 2.0 TDI 170 sport. On some of the excel sheets doing the rounds it is listed as an irish model at 172 G/Klms. However, in the 08 passat book from the UK and also on the UK volkswagen website it is listed at 159G/Klms. I dont think there is that much of a differance in the models, is there?

This leads to my main problem. How do I prove this to the revenue? Will the fact it is in the brocure and on the web site be enough or do I have to get something else? You can understand the differance in VRT is substancial and goes up 2k.

Again, I am sure this is in here somewhere and somebody has had this experiance but any thred I has seen has been huge. So sorry if I am asking the same question as somebode else.

Thanks in advance
    Please see link for UK emissions

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/passat/which-model/specifications/engines/emissions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

It will be printed on the V5 document that you present when you arrive at the VRO to pay the VRT.

Are both models on the ros.ie website?

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oreillyma

no, 2.0 tdi sport 170 is not listed on the ros site. Used the highline instead, and even that was only 140. Dont think the 140 - 170 makes any differance. Other than under your foot...

does the UK dealer provide the V5?

Thanks S

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Slaacer

Hi the answer from the revenue website is that they accept there may be differences in the Co2 between IRL and UK and so they can accept the different Co2 provided it is written on one of the listed documents, but most likely it will written on the V5 doc this is the equivalent to our VLC.

Go to www.revenue.ie and click on the VRT change thread on the main page and both sections are covered there...

Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

oreillyma wrote: »
    does the UK dealer provide the V5?

Thanks S

Yes. Normally its the form that is used to inform the DVLA that the car has changed hands, but when exporting you just send a small section to the DVLA to let them know its going to be exported. You keep the rest of the V5 for declaration here in Ireland.

I believe you can declare a car here without the V5, but I am not sure? Does anyone know if its possible?

To oreillyman; the 170 will make a difference, In the Audi A4 (Same engine?), the 170bhp has a much lower emissions than the 140bhp for some reason.

S.

• Advertisement

Hi again,

Anybody know if there is much premium on leather in the VRT or does it really depend on who inspects the car? Also, is it better going to a busy VRO office where things may be overlooked or a quite one. Just trying to find out how to save a few bob..:)

Rabbitinlights, I have noticed that with the A4 alright but the passat seems to be differant. Same as the Seat, 170 seems to be the same as the 140.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

oreillyma wrote: »
    Hi again,

Anybody know if there is much premium on leather in the VRT or does it really depend on who inspects the car? Also, is it better going to a busy VRO office where things may be overlooked or a quite one. Just trying to find out how to save a few bob..:)

Rabbitinlights, I have noticed that with the A4 alright but the passat seems to be differant. Same as the Seat, 170 seems to be the same as the 140.

Thanks

The VRO just use the VIN and get all the factory fitted options from their computers which are linked to the manufactures.

If you ring the VRO and ask them they will tell you what CO2 they have for the car or which ones they'll accept.

Advertisement