Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lectures/ Labs on Halloween week(Mon 27th->)?

Options
  • 19-10-2008 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Are there any lectures/ Labs on Halloween week that we have off. I know its a review week or whatever but whats the scéal?
    I know I prob wud just take it off but I'm a catchin up so I need labs/lectures!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

BaRcOe wrote: »
    Are there any lectures/ Labs on Halloween week that we have off. I know its a review week or whatever but whats the scéal?
    I know I prob wud just take it off but I'm a catchin up so I need labs/lectures!
    Some lecturers will use it as a labtest week etc... You can't know for definate it'll be totally a free week, I think when I was in first year we had a assignment due on review week aswell...

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

If they haven't warned you yet, it's unlikely there'll be much on.

Unfortunately, I do have stuff on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

If they haven't warned you yet, it's unlikely there'll be much on.

Unfortunately, I do have stuff on :(

Not true some things can get sprung on us this week.

We were given a project to do over review week today. We also have a presentation to do one of the days and probably going to have a lecturer on Halloween itself. Monday should be off sonce its a bank holiday and the College is closed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

We were given a project to do over review week today. We also have a presentation to do one of the days and probably going to have a lecturer on Halloween itself. Monday should be off sonce its a bank holiday and the College is closed.
    Exactly, never trust DIT will tell you anything in advance!

Nick

Ouch! At least I got warning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dml

Review Week to be used either for revision, reading, field visits, lectures, interim tests, formative assessment feeback etc. To be applied in Week 6 except where otherwise arranged.
    This directly cut and pasted from the academic calendar available at http://www.dit.ie/services/academic/calendar/
    So, DIT did tell you in advance if you bothered looking. This was published in May/June 2008. Advance notice enough, I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Review week is meant to be where no new material is covered only the stuff done so far.

In computer science, we've yet to have any review week off from 1st to 3rd year review week for us in most classes was covering new material and just another week in college for us.

stevire wrote: »
    Review week is meant to be where no new material is covered only the stuff done so far.

In computer science, we've yet to have any review week off from 1st to 3rd year review week for us in most classes was covering new material and just another week in college for us.

to quote dml (quoting DIT):
    Review Week to be used either for revision, reading, field visits, lectures, interim tests, formative assessment feeback etc. To be applied in Week 6 except where otherwise arranged.

What part of that says new material can't be covered?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

It may be written elsewhere or is an unwritten rule, but all our lecturers are telling us that they can't cover new stuff during review week (except that module we started very late)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Indeed but what one of our lectures will be is a more detail look at a topic already covered this technocally is not new material but a greater knowledge of the same material but it is still something that we were never tought.

The only day I dont have anything now is Monday, a few of the year are going away for 2 days so I guess they will be missing some. Oh well, puts me at an advantage over them now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement