Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What big game is going to be a let down this season?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

humanji wrote: »
    I'm thinking COD 5 will actually be a pleasant surprise, because everyone seems to have low expectations of the game, so all it really has to do is be slightly playable. :D

Some kind soul gave me a key to the beta of COD5. Basically what treyarch have done is taken COD4, given it a new lick of paint to suit WW2 and replaced all the guns with weaker, more annoying guns.

It's not going to be a bad game, but by no means will it replace COD4, especially since it looks the same graphically.
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    But reviews dont count for fallout 3, its really up to if it appeals to the series fans or not.

I like fallout1 and 2. I'll like fallout3, but die-hard fans expecting "more of the same" are going to hate it. Reviews generally are good for it, but I'm assuming these critics are taking the game on its own merit, rather then making comparisons to the previous titles (no review I've read has done this anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I think all of this Call of Duty 5 'Treyarch-low expectation-rubbish-developer- nonsense is really turning into a mythical bandwagon.

Good point there!

They have had nearly 3 years to work on this one i heard, it's based on the already solid COD 4 engine (probably enhanced?)

IMO it's very unlikely it will be bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

+1 on the COD5. Really can't see it being as good as 4.

probbly wont be,but i guess we'll find out in november,i've a bad feeling about men of war,as much as im looking forward to it,i've a feeling its gonna be dodgy,im looking forward to cod5 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Fable 2 review up on eurogamer (i'll post spoiler tags in case someone takes offense):

Final Score:
    10/10

Full Review

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

silvine wrote: »
    Anyone getting Red Alert 3 for the Xbox?

2 reasons not to get it for 360

1. The 360 version of tib wars/kane wrath never got the support that the pc did (and they got very little anyway) in the way of patches and updates. So if there is a serious flaw in launch version of RA in the way of balance, it probably wont be fixed.

2. RA3 demands alot more micro then tib wars, I dont see how the 360 version will be able to allow the same control over your units as the pc version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I hated C&C on the Xbox. I was hoping the new controls would be better but if there's more micromanagement then I guess I won't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

World at War, because it's not developed by Infinity Ward.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some kind soul gave me a key to the beta of COD5. Basically what treyarch have done is taken COD4, given it a new lick of paint to suit WW2 and replaced all the guns with weaker, more annoying guns.

Only agree with this a little. I found that the initial weapons were very weak but once you unlocked attachements and perks they became much better and you could actually start having fun with more powerful weapons. It's actually not very well balanced. A newbie will have a hard time due to using weapons without scopes and such (stupidly bolt action rifles have to have the scope unlocked for many of them and they are sometimes 2 hit kills making unlocking them a chore). In CoD 5 you get a fairly decent selection of weaponry to begin with and can start kicking ass straight off the bat with more interesting weapons and perks unlocked later on. Giving better players better weapons is a huge flaw of the beta at the moment that I hope is sorted on release. Initially I wasn't too fond of it but it got better with the better weapons. I hope they sort out the glitch on roundhouse though, Although I have a lot of fun going under the map and teamkilling all the cheating bastards on my own team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

What I don't get is why they don't just release a mouse for the damn 360? It would open up a whole new realm of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

got dead space today lads

really cool game so far

worth a look at

Chipped Xbox or import game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Chipped Xbox or import game?

import is been out in the usa for a week now

i ordered it wednesday received it today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

What I don't get is why they don't just release a mouse for the damn 360? It would open up a whole new realm of games.

Some games support kb&m on PS3 and have seen very little usage of the feature. That's one reason. The other is that you're using a console, to sit down and relax on the couch in front of the TV etc. You can't do that with a PC interface.

Also, this "new realm" you speak of? Do you not think the 360 has enough of everything at the moment? Loads of shooters, and a few RTS' to boot...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Some games support kb&m on PS3 and have seen very little usage of the feature. That's one reason. The other is that you're using a console, to sit down and relax on the couch in front of the TV etc. You can't do that with a PC interface.

Also, this "new realm" you speak of? Do you not think the 360 has enough of everything at the moment? Loads of shooters, and a few RTS' to boot...

Yeah but the RTS controls suck arse. I mean I love C and C, mabye more than any other franchise but I hated playing it on 360. I just can't get used to console controls on RTS's

Advertisement