Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Offers

• 19-10-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anybody knows whether or Meteor intend to extend their "Free any network texts" for life offer (Website says it expires on the 31/10/08). Reason being I signed a Meteor contract till mid November and would like to move to PAYG for this offer and would rather not have to end the contract prematurely. Thanks!

PS I know o2, VF have a similar offer, but Meteor's 29c pm is much more appealing :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

C.D. wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if anybody knows whether or Meteor intend to extend their "Free any network texts" for life offer (Website says it expires on the 31/10/08). Reason being I signed a Meteor contract till mid November and would like to move to PAYG for this offer and would rather not have to end the contract prematurely. Thanks!

PS I know o2, VF have a similar offer, but Meteor's 29c pm is much more appealing :)
    Ring CC and plead your case.

I was moved on to an old tariff even when you weren't able to select it online.

wooo 2000 posts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Ring CC and plead your case.

I was moved on to an old tariff even when you weren't able to select it online.

As was I... managed to get on to the free texts and picture messages to meteor for life tariff... doubt that one is still available tho, as I was put on to it back in 2006....

jmccrohan wrote:
    wooo 2000 posts :pac:
    Spam.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

C.D. wrote: »
    Hey,

just get a new pre pay sim before the expiration date (although this is likely to be extended) and have it set up for the offer. then when your contract is finished just get meteor to move this number onto the pre pay account, simple job really

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

theteal wrote: »
    just get a new pre pay sim before the expiration date (although this is likely to be extended) and have it set up for the offer. then when your contract is finished just get meteor to move this number onto the pre pay account, simple job really
    You cannot move a number to an account. You can move a number to a simcard however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You cannot move a number to an account.

if you know what you're doing, very simply you can, dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

lol, JMC not knowing what he's doing....that'll be the day.....:)

If this was the case, what would stop me selling my old meteor sim card with 9c calls and texts and free sms/mms for someone to port on to...

If this was the case, what would stop me selling my old meteor sim card with 9c calls and texts and free sms/mms for someone to port on to...

9cent calls and free texts to who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nothing. That would work fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

chrislad wrote: »
    this is true. It's not generally done but it's possible
    9cent calls and free texts to who?
    meteor numbers. It's a really old tariff

• Advertisement

My apologies.
    Bit of a crazy system if you ask me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    meteor numbers. It's a really old tariff

I still have that tariff myself.
    So, if say, I was going to switch to billpay, could I keep my old sim card and switch back to that prepay offer in the future?
    It is a great offer and I'd rather not lose it completely in case I ever want it again.

I still have that tariff myself.
    So, if say, I was going to switch to billpay, could I keep my old sim card and switch back to that prepay offer in the future?
    It is a great offer and I'd rather not lose it completely in case I ever want it again.

the way i understand it it's not as simple as keeping the sim card. they have to do a swap where you get another active sim card and they swap the numbers on them while keeping both accounts still active. if you just move your number to bill pay your old account will be gone

the way i understand it it's not as simple as keeping the sim card. they have to do a swap where you get another active sim card and they swap the numbers on them while keeping both accounts still active. if you just move your number to bill pay your old account will be gone
    So I'd have to get the billpay sim (with a new number) and then get them to swap the numbers from one sim to the other. Uh, effort!

So I'd have to get the billpay sim (with a new number) and then get them to swap the numbers from one sim to the other. Uh, effort!

Precisely. But make sure the bill number goes to the prepay one first, not the other way around!

It will work fine up to a point but if the person who ported their number onto YOUR sim every needs to get a sim replacement etc it will be a nightmare as the sim is registered to YOU, it's fine when it's parents and kids etc but outside of that my advice is not to give anyone your sim....Meteor sim cards are free so anyone wanting to port would be better off using a new unregistered sim.....

It will work fine up to a point but if the person who ported their number onto YOUR sim every needs to get a sim replacement etc it will be a nightmare as the sim is registered to YOU, it's fine when it's parents and kids etc but outside of that my advice is not to give anyone your sim....Meteor sim cards are free so anyone wanting to port would be better off using a new unregistered sim.....

you can change the registration details. afaik 3 are the only network who don't allow that. they used to not allow it anyway but they might have brought it in

you can change the registration details. afaik 3 are the only network who don't allow that. they used to not allow it anyway but they might have brought it in

Didn't ask them in over a year and then it was to transfer it from a dead fella to his brother....they were demanding I fax over the death cert or the wouldn't cancel his account, no way would they transfer it over to his brother...they'd rather take the dead guy to court for non payment....I think i used some profanity on that call to India....
    Conversation went a little like this...

me: "Well, l have a bit of a problem here, one of my customers died and I want to transfer his account over to his brother"
    script monkey: "You can't do that"
    me: "why not he's dead?"
    script monkey: "How do we know he's dead"
    me:" Cause i told you, I can stick his brother on the line, he'll vouch for it as well"
    script monkey"We can't cancel his account without a death cert"
    me: "So you want me to ask his brother for a death cert so I can fax it over to you to prove his dead"
    scriptmonkey: "Yes"
    me: " There's no fuppin way i' asking him for a death cert over a poxy phone, will an obitoury from the paper not do?"
    scriptmonkey: "No we need the cert"
    me: "well i'm not asking him"
    scriptmonkey"Ok"
    me" Fine so, you keep billing the dead guy"
    scriptmonkey: "Ok"
    me: " Ok right, just cancel the direct debit"
    scriptmonkey: "We need the customer present in the store"
    me: "That's not possible"
    scriptmonkey: "Why not?"
    me: "Cause he's dead you fupin idiot"

end of conversation...

Didn't ask them in over a year and then it was to transfer it from a dead fella to his brother....they were demanding I fax over the death cert or the wouldn't cancel his account, no way would they transfer it over to his brother...they'd rather take the dead guy to court for non payment....I think i used some profanity on that call to India....
    Conversation went a little like this...

me: "Well, l have a bit of a problem here, one of my customers died and I want to transfer his account over to his brother"
    script monkey: "You can't do that"
    me: "why not he's dead?"
    script monkey: "How do we know he's dead"
    me:" Cause i told you, I can stick his brother on the line, he'll vouch for it as well"
    script monkey"We can't cancel his account without a death cert"
    me: "So you want me to ask his brother for a death cert so I can fax it over to you to prove his dead"
    scriptmonkey: "Yes"
    me: " There's no fuppin way i' asking him for a death cert over a poxy phone, will an obitoury from the paper not do?"
    scriptmonkey: "No we need the cert"
    me: "well i'm not asking him"
    scriptmonkey"Ok"
    me" Fine so, you keep billing the dead guy"
    scriptmonkey: "Ok"
    me: " Ok right, just cancel the direct debit"
    scriptmonkey: "We need the customer present in the store"
    me: "That's not possible"
    scriptmonkey: "Why not?"
    me: "Cause he's dead you fupin idiot"

end of conversation...
    Wrong thread. :)

Wrong thread. :)

my mistake:) That company can seriously wind me up at times....

• Advertisement

<head explode>

with other networks you can either do it over the phone or send in a change of ownership form.

did the agent really ask "why not" when you said it wasn't possible to have the customer present, having already told him he was dead? i've heard some stupid things from them (eg that an issue that has been going on for 5 months and is affecting everyone on the network could be solved by turning my phone off and on) but that takes the biscuit

edit: actually they are hindu after all, maybe he is genuinely confused as to why you can't have someone in the room just because they died...

edit: actually they are hindu after all, maybe he is genuinely confused as to why you can't have someone in the room just because they died...

maybe I should have told him I set him on fire and he was floating down the river that's why he couldn't come to the phone...maybe then he would have understood...:)

that's a real story Sam...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Gentlemen the last few posts could be seen as you making fun of peoples faith. Im unsure what the benefit of that is to the thread?

Walkman wrote: »
    Gentlemen the last few posts could be seen as you making fun of peoples faith. Im unsure what the benefit of that is to the thread?
    ah we're only having a bit of a laugh Walkman. We don't mean to insult anyone

Gentlemen the last few posts could be seen as you making fun of peoples faith

ahh your reading that wrong, were making fun of stupid 3 policies when it comes to dead people.....

that robot script monkey insulted me by demanding I get a cert from his brother to prove my friend and customer was dead, don't defend them or try and make out were religion bashing, it's a downright stupid policy:mad:

ahh your reading that wrong, were making fun of stupid 3 policies when it comes to dead people.....

that robot script monkey insulted me by demanding I get a cert from his brother to prove my friend and customer was dead, don't defend them or try and make out were religion bashing, it's a downright stupid policy:mad:

Im not disagreeing the policy may be stupid its the reference the religion of the call centre staff I am highlighting. The religion of the call centre staff has nothing at all to do with any policy 3 has.
    Sorry gents I just think the two posts were completely unnecessary

I'd tend to agree with Walkman, but I don't see any maliciousness in it, so let's just move it along.

Drunky, that's a standard policy. I know it's hard, but you have to remember that a contract is a legally binding contract. It's the same as a term loan essentially. It's easy to ring and say the person is dead. While it's extremely awkward to ask for a death cert, and I've had to do it at least twice, I do understand why the policy is in place, and I'm not speaking from an experience with Three, though I do believe I could have accepted an obituary too. The unusual thing with mine is that there were a number of roaming calls made in Dubai, after the date of death that was given to me.

The unusual thing with mine is that there were a number of roaming calls made in Dubai, after the date of death that was given to me.

well that's fair enough, a dead man can't make calls they'd have every reason to be suspicious.....

Chris we live on an Island with less than 7 degrees of seperation, If i say a guy has passed away you've got to take my word for it, especially if you talk to me every day and know I wouldn't bull**** you....I've went through the same thing with 02 and Voda and there's never been a problem....agree with walkman all you like but sometimes you just got to have a bit of tact and sense...that's something a scriptmonkey on the other side of the world will never be able to comprehend....

Sorry gents I just think the two posts were completely unnecessary

well walkman....

We were having some light hearted banter now leave it at that....

No Elephants were harmed in the making of this thread;)

• Advertisement

Drunkmonkey im not making a personal attack on you or sam, im just highlighting that i found the posts unnecessary, now back on topic mate....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement