Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVIDIA geforce 9800 actin a bollix >(

Options
  • 19-10-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

hey thanks for reading this,

iv bought the 9800gt a few weeks ago, it cost me 130 in maplins, i dont know if i was ripped off or not, it worked great for assasins creed but i recently installed splinter cell double agent and i have to say, its got very annoying gameplay.

at first it took about more then a second to perform a single jump, or to allign itself with a wall to ppick something off a ledge. this to me is slow because iv played S.C on the playstation and its far better.

iv updated the drivers to 178.13 off the nvidia site, and the game is far better, but still, has the fairly frequent phase of slowing down as if something is chewin the energy. nothing else running of course.

anyways has anyone had this problem?? is this card able to even run this game? are there any other drivers to install???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have you tried it on other games?
    SC/DA is notoriously buggy and I remember playing it when it launched and some of the bugs drove me nuts..if it's just that game I wouldn't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What resolution are You playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

iv got the resolution at 640x480 4:3

and yeah mathew i agree the game has crashed for some uknown reason on a few times and im only on the 3rd level (1st mission).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

i had splinter cell double agent and can tell right now that game ran terribly on my computer to the point where i would get to a certain point in the game ( helicopter cut scene) and it would crash. If the only game that is failing is that one then i would say you are perfectly ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

yeah true, and i hope so!! it ran fine on assasins creed and rail road tycoon. fantastic actually.

ill chance tomb raider next *eek*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Are you sure it's the 9800? 130 for a 9800GT sounds suspiciously good for Maplins - I was in there yesterday and their 9800GT was just short of 300 euro, scandalous. The only card they have for 130 was the slower 8800GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah,,,was in the limerick branch myself and they were selling it for that...
    couldn't belive it as maplin's would normally charge about €400 for that card at least.
    All gone now though.

Advertisement