Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genealogy....anyone know a good computer programme?

Options
  • 19-10-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I have tried a trial of Rootsmagic but wondering is that the best one out at the moment. Does anyone know which is best? Don't know which one to buy. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moved from PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Are you looking for something to record your own tree on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭vodkababy

Yeah...looking for aid to record it. Want a computer programme. Don't want it all on paper...gets messy that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

The website myheritage.com has a family tree feature where you can record all the details online. It is very easy to use and all people are linked automatically in it and even has a facility where it will email you if details of people similar to those in your tree have been uploaed by someone else! Iv just started using it!
    Good luck

Thanks....will have a look at it :)

• Advertisement

Is that website secure or can anyone see your details/family tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheRealBoss

also www.geni.com .... i've used it a good bit

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I find genopro very good - the full version costs about $20. It's not stored online though - which I prefer. I don't like the idea of that amount of information out there about living people.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Thanks...all info appreciated. Will look into all of them :)

Advertisement