Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Restorer

Options
  • 19-10-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just a post on behalf of the OH. He's looking to get some Ametec Engine Restorer. Now we can get it online from the US or UK, but it doesn't seem to be available in Ireland. I know we could just as easy buy it online, but the trouble with that is the credit card is maxed out at moment, and have applied for a 3v card but theres no sign of it yet.

The question is, does anyone know if it is at all available here in Ireland?? If not in the Republic, maybe up North??

Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

For goodness sake.

Your credit card is maxed out and you want to buy some sort of chemical that will restore your engine.

It can't work so I sincerely suggest you hold on to your money.

Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

For goodness sake.

Your credit card is maxed out and you want to buy some sort of chemical that will restore your engine.

It can't work so I sincerely suggest you hold on to your money.

Richard

Get a grip. My OH wants the oil, but has no credit card, he asked me could he use mine, but he cant as its maxed out. Im just looking to know if someone knows where I can get the oil, Im not looking for financial advice thanks. Just curious if you even know what type of oil it is before you offered your opinion????

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Of all the google.ie search results, they were for ebay.
    A quick google of Ametech Engine Restorer reveals a number of threads in different forums with conflicting opinions. Some saying that it works others saying how they wrecked their oil pump etc. - you decide!

yeah, on having a look at them I would be a bit skeptical myself, I will pass the info on, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AJ1

It definitely makes a difference - after 500 miles, I found mine was much quieter and smoked less. I've never seen it in stores here though, got mine online.

• Advertisement

and what do you drive? Im thinking it might have certain effects on certain cars/vans?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

No offence, but i'm in complete agreement with richardshiel here.

Anan1 wrote: »
    No offence, but i'm in complete agreement with richardshiel here.

Yes, but do you not realise that I own a credit card, and I have my card maxed out. My boyfriend wants the oil, but doesnt have a credit card, so asked if he could use mine. As he cant, because it is maxed out, I am wondering if there is any way of getting it here (so he can use cash/his laser card)

I will simplify it for you. I'm the one with the maxed out card. Im not buying the oil. So richardshiel has a pointless argument really.

If I was in debt to my eyeballs and looking for engine restorer myself I would accept the comment, but im not. And if you can read, you can see this from my original post!! :confused:

EDIT: You know, it doesnt matter because apart from 2 posters here, no-one actually seems to know anything about it, and seeing as the two helpful posts were conflicting, I think he has decided not to chance using the oil, as its not a banger he's putting it into, and doesnt want to feck it up!! So mods can feel free to lock this thread if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gally

I used something similar-consistency of Golden Syrup-about 20 years ago.It worked for about 2000miles.

this ametech stuff is supposed to actually repair cracks in the pistons etc... its actually supposed to repair damage. can a liquid actually do this??

• Advertisement

I should probably add that I am curious as to why its not sold here if its sold in the UK. I mean if this stuff works, why wouldn't it be being sold here. Maybe its banned??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

peanuthead wrote: »
    I think he has decided not to chance using the oil, as its not a banger he's putting it into, and doesnt want to feck it up!!
    Good thinking, Tonto.;)

Advertisement