Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to??

Options
  • 19-10-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

What does the "thanks to" part mean? How do you do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved from Politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭vodkababy

Sorry...didn't realise I had put it into politics.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You just hit the post_thanks.gif button when you want to 'thank' someone though others use it to express their agreement with the poster.

You have a limited amount per day just to prevent spamming

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭vodkababy

Thanks....you've been very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

post_thanks.gif all around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

Do you have to be a subscriber to use the thanks feature? I can't find the thanks button anywhere!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Maggie.23 wrote: »
    Do you have to be a subscriber to use the thanks feature? I can't find the thanks button anywhere!

This button: post_thanks.gif

It's on the bottom right hand side of every post, except your own as you can't thank yourself.

Full explanation in my sig :)

Edit/ here's a picture:

thanks.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply, and the picture, but that button's not coming up on my screen in any of the discussion boxes, it's just not there!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hmm, you may have to wait to hit 25 posts for it to become available so. One of the admins disabled some functionality for posters under 25 posts to help prevent spam.

You won't be long reaching 25 :)

You must be right, thanks for that. I'll just have to get posting! When I hit no.25 I'll be able to thank you...

• Advertisement

Wait, there it is! The thanks button has just appeared. I swear it wasn't there before...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It must be > 10 posts then, not 25.

Advertisement