Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wandering Cat

Options
  • 19-10-2008 11:03pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have two female cats that are the same age. The both of them have been neutered however 1 of them wanders for hours and sometimes days at a time while the other is content to stay around the house and garden. I am worried about the one that wanders so much. Is there anyway to coax her out of this. She loves hunting but I'd prefer if she stayed closer to the house and wasn't gone all night. Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

I used to have one like that and it tuck me age's to track down were she went, you would need to spend a few nights following her and learning her routine, they are very routine animals.

Once you have learnd that you can then go and call her home after her last feed, were ever she go's, it worked for me anyway, remember if she's eating late and your gone to bed when she returns she'll go off again, see if you can't put in a cat flap and keep the other cat in another room at night so she can't get out and put some flour on the floor to see if she is returning at night.

Some cat flaps can be locked to open in but not out so once she comes in she can't get out again but leave it fully open for a while till she gets use to it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Thanks for that. She's so hard to keep track of and she's so fast that if you look away for a second she's gone.

Advertisement