Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to source mount/bracket

• 19-10-2008 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

I'm trying to help someone out with dish setup. They can only get reception if dish is about two meters above top of back garden wall (in order to clear house for line of sight). Have 88cm Triax dish attached to 60mm galvanised steel pole. Just need some sort of standoff bracket that would be sturdy enough to hold it.
    Can anyone provide a link to something suitable?

The other problem we have is that the developer had a deal going with ntl when these houses were built a couple of years ago. Which means that theres no cable runs from attic to living room. NTL connection coming in from outside to box in front room and then one run of cable going from this to a tv point upstairs.
    Its going to leave the job very messy - but not much that can be done about that now i suppose..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

baguio wrote: »
    I'm trying to help someone out with dish setup. They can only get reception if dish is about two meters above top of back garden wall (in order to clear house for line of sight). Have 88cm Triax dish attached to 60mm galvanised steel pole. Just need some sort of standoff bracket that would be sturdy enough to hold it.
    Can anyone provide a link to something suitable?

The other problem we have is that the developer had a deal going with ntl when these houses were built a couple of years ago. Which means that theres no cable runs from attic to living room. NTL connection coming in from outside to box in front room and then one run of cable going from this to a tv point upstairs.
    Its going to leave the job very messy - but not much that can be done about that now i suppose..
    hi! where are you base.? i can help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭baguio

hi! where are you base.? i can help you.
    Galway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

ok i am sorry i work around.dublin
    www.satworld.ie

No problem pelisor. thanks anyways..

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

your best bet would be to find a small local metalwork shop ie someone making gates etc and ask them to make up a bracket to your specs. I made my own as I have the equipment and was not at all impressed by the paper thin pressed steel rubbish that masquerades as a sat bracket these days. While your their get some heavy wall tube for the pole.

• Advertisement

Thanks Jack - managed to get one locally.

Advertisement