Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking something online when crd card had gone through price went up??

Options
  • 20-10-2008 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

ok hope someone can help me blush.gif

Me and Dh just booked a holiday online, they gave us a price all the details etc and we entered crd card details and confirmed then the confirmation page came up and the price had gone up over 1k nervous.gif

Was just wondering will they have to honor the original price or will they find a loophole??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Have you spoken to them about it?

In general most web sites nowadays operate a policy of when the online ordering has completed, that is then considered an offer to trade. As in, they can still decline to sell at that price. This is used to cover bugs and mispricing of items online.

The only course of action is to speak to the online vendor and see what the issue is, as the price + 1K may be an error in which case you still get it at the lower price, or it may be the original lower price was a mistake and you wont :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Check with your CC company

I've you've already been billed you got it for that price, if no money has been billed yet then they can retract the offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

I don't buy that its a bad set up

I myself found once this kinda crap starts it a bad signal and I pull out straight away

You have some 7 days to cancell any purchase

Play safe and pull out
    then descuss with the vendor

My experience of similar events like this is 99% of the time this happens means they are bad outfits for everything

also make a copy of the page with the offers at the price you saw

That is evidence for the CC company if you have trouble reversing out of paying the cost

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Or it could just be a bug with the site
    What site was it?

Advertisement