Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash CS4 help

Options
  • 20-10-2008 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I'm creating a photo album of about 160 old pics for my dad and I need a bit of help with the code.
    It's Action Script 3 I'm using here.
    I want the flash movie to automatically resize itself to the maximum the end user's screen resolution will allow. Can this be done using some code on the first frame. I was going to put the .swf file on a cd for the users to open directly
    Could this possibly be resolved by placing the flash file in a html page, is there any html code to do this resize? :?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

You do it in the HTML, not the Flash file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 abaddon1666

How do I go about that. Do I need to use javascript?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 The_Jabberwock

If you link directly to the .swf file, it'll scale itself to the available window size. Here's an example.

http://icu.tinsanity.net/icu.swf
    There's a link to a flash file, click it and see how it scales.

http://icu.tinsanity.net/
    Here's the page it's embedded in, if you're using Firefox (as you should be :D), it's ctrl+u to view the page source. You'll see the <object> tags, with more code between them, look between the <embed> tags to see how it's sized.

PS: yay first post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I'm creating a photo album of about 160 old pics for my dad and I need a bit of help with the code.
    It's Action Script 3 I'm using here.
    I want the flash movie to automatically resize itself to the maximum the end user's screen resolution will allow. Can this be done using some code on the first frame. I was going to put the .swf file on a cd for the users to open directly
    Could this possibly be resolved by placing the flash file in a html page, is there any html code to do this resize? :?

Cheers

Yeah just add this to the first frame: fscommand("fullscreen", true);

Although there is a problem with this in later versions of flash(cs3) etc, as it is more strict and throws up an error saying that the fscommand needs to be enclosed in an event handler. This code may be helpfull in this case:

onClipEvent (load) {

fscommand("fullscreen", true);
    }

Funny thing about this is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't in my experience.

Have you tried saving it as a standalone .exe? If you go to file/ publish settings and do this it will give you an .exe that should work (which it should, but sometimes doesn't?). If it doesn't then in the .exe window the user can simply go to: view/ fullscreen, not very user friendly I know but technolgy can be a bitch.

Advertisement