Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 3: FES

Options
  • 20-10-2008 2:05am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just released on Friday, and a really enjoyable game. Never got around to playing the original version (was tricky enough to find) but decided to give the budget re-release a go. Very unique game: the structure is pleasantly different (a mix between a 'school sim' and dungeon crawler), the combat impressively detailed and engrossing and overall a JRPG that does something a bit more offbeat while still retaining most of the basics. Only problem I have now is that the back of the box promises 100+ hours of gameplay, so probably won't be seeing the end of it for a year or two :pac: Definitely worth checking out for 30 euro though.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still haven't gotten around to giving it a go despite hearing so much good things about it. I think the length is putting me off. Most RPGs promise 150 hours of gameplay when you can be beaten in 30. I've heard Persona 3 is a definite 80+ hour game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

persona 3 and persona 3 fes are too completely different games yes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

persona 3 and persona 3 fes are too completely different games yes?

Yeah they are different releases, but not completely different. FES contains the main Persona 3 game with a few added bits and pieces (new Personas, spells, activities and so on), as well as an extra chapter / epilogue called The Answer, which is mean to be another thirty hours of gameplay or something, so a really significant amount of extra content. Kind of like DMC3: SE or any of the MGS re-releases: cheap, and a lot of extras.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Still haven't gotten around to giving it a go despite hearing so much good things about it. I think the length is putting me off. Most RPGs promise 150 hours of gameplay when you can be beaten in 30. I've heard Persona 3 is a definite 80+ hour game.

Definitely try it. A great game for JRPG fans: mixes things up and gives a fresh take on the genre. The lenght is intimidating, but I can only imagine it will soon be relegated to obscurity so worth picking up while there's a chance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

would I just be better off buying fes instead so?instead of buying persona 3?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

would I just be better off buying fes instead so?instead of buying persona 3?

Yep no reason to buy the original version since FES has all of the stuff from it plus more.

• Advertisement

for god sake,persona 4 is getting released in the us on december 9th,does'nt look as if we'll see a european release though :rolleyes:,god dam it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I didn't know P3:FES was even getting a PAL release!

Well, there goes my weekend.
    Where's best to buy from?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I didn't know P3:FES was even getting a PAL release!

Well, there goes my weekend.
    Where's best to buy from?

The only place I've actually seen it is Gamestop Henry Street, where I picked it up for 30 euro. Already hard to get by the looks of it.

I got it for 25 euro on play.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Yeah i got this in gamestop on hemry street,about 4 more copies left,gonna have to find time to play this while playing fable 2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yay, got my copy! (Dundrum GAME, €30)

Advertisement