Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Needed! Who to e-mail? Hmmmmmm.....

• 20-10-2008 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys.

I have an X-Box 360 and I have to send it back for the 4th time to get fixed. The first and second times were under warranty but I had to pay around €70-€80 the third time because it was out of warranty, and they told me they would send a refurbished console the third time. I have had the same problem with it every time, when I put in a game it comes up 1. Please put this disc into a X-Box 360 console (says 'Play DVD' where the title of the game should be on the dashboard) 2. The disc is unreadable 3. It will read and try to load but cant and just stays on a blank screen or says disc unreadable.

Who should I send an e-mail of complaint to about this? The supervisors on the X-Box helpline just keep agreeing with me saying they understand that this is unsatisfactory but unfortunately there is nothing more they can do but offer me a refurbished one in exchange. I do not think this is fair, once or twice may be fair enough but 4 times?? They are pulling the p***. They offered me a good will gift of one of a few games (all Microsoft ones that usually are included in any bundles) or a Controller or Wireless Headset or a Play and Charge kit. I picked the Wireless Headset, purely cause it was the most expensive item on offer.

Has anybody any ideas on who I should e-mail about this in Microsoft. I'm sure you can see that I'm pulling my hair out at this stage. I work in Xtravision and I recommend and sell 360's to people every week but I am starting to lose faith now and its getting hard to recommend them.

Can anybody out there help me??!!! Arrrgghhhh!!! I feel i should be given more than just a wireless headset. Even a new console would be fine or an upgrade from my Pro system to an Elite would be fair me thinks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Honestly?

Tell them to shove there console up there arse.

What I think you should do!?

Buy a new xbox. No point in spending 70 - 80 euro when it might just happen again. The new xboxs are alot more reliable!

theres no need for the dash in x-box either :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

dazftw wrote: »
    Honestly?

Tell them to shove there console up there arse.

What I think you should do!?

Buy a new xbox. No point in spending 70 - 80 euro when it might just happen again. The new xboxs are alot more reliable!

theres no need for the dash in x-box either :)

Cheers, that was no help at all. Of course I feel like telling them to stick it up their arse, but this one is under warranty so I can get it fixed for free.

I just want to email someone that will listen to me (if there is anyone) and maybe see if I can get greater satisfaction from them.

So anybody any ideas on who I should email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I reckon you can only contact the same people you have been the last few times!? I've never had to do it so I don't know.

Your saying your dvd is acting up now? They sent you a refurbished console? Seriously buy a new one. Unless they send you a new one for free! Otherwise it will probably be another refurbished one.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

There is a list of what they can offer you, based on how many times its gone back, and how long each time it was gone for etc.
    For my 4th repair I got a game and Vision Cam.
    I was also told I'd get a new console (as I was pretty much every time) but got another refurbished machine.

dazftw wrote: »
    I reckon you can only contact the same people you have been the last few times!? I've never had to do it so I don't know.

Your saying your dvd is acting up now? They sent you a refurbished console? Seriously buy a new one. Unless they send you a new one for free! Otherwise it will probably be another refurbished one.

Well I'm gonna try and get more out of them anyway! Worth a shot anyway! If I just knew if there was someone else I could contact by phone or email!

When I get my console back I'm gonna trade it in to GameStop and get €100 off an elite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

the xbox in our house just got three red lights today, who do I email for repair? Is it a 2 year warranty yes? In college at the moment so would be easier for me and the guys in the house to not pay anything and Im pretty sure it might be under 2 years since bought.

The email address would be great.

mcgovern wrote: »
    There is a list of what they can offer you, based on how many times its gone back, and how long each time it was gone for etc.
    For my 4th repair I got a game and Vision Cam.
    I was also told I'd get a new console (as I was pretty much every time) but got another refurbished machine.

You got a game and a Vision cam? I was only offered a game or an accessory! Pswh! This is ****! How come I wasn't offered 2 good will gifts?

shortys94 wrote: »
    the xbox in our house just got three red lights today, who do I email for repair? Is it a 2 year warranty yes? In college at the moment so would be easier for me and the guys in the house to not pay anything and Im pretty sure it might be under 2 years since bought.

The email address would be great.

You can register you console online and set up a repair like that or you can ring them on

https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx

Call 1800 509 186 or Mobile phone call 01 2420758

Hours of Operation:
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
    Saturday: 09:00-20:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Advertisement