Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a good site for Sydney apartment rentals?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 3:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Im looking to move from my place to somewere more central in Sydney to a 2 bedroom for about 500PW anyone know of good sites that would list apartment rentals.

Ive tried Gumtree, domain and real estate.com and theres feck all on them any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

in the same boat. living in marrickville/enmore road at the moment in terrace houses. Looking to get somewhere nicer, preferably walking distance to a beach!

I saw some places looking for a 6000dollar bond!! Crazy!

I live near there! Just at the bottom of King street! King st is a good spot, but yeah far away from the beach, marrickville is a bit of a dump, more surburbia than anything else, of you want teh party life better moving to east or city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 andymccarroll

cheers thanks hussey

hussey wrote: »
    I live near there! Just at the bottom of King street! King st is a good spot, but yeah far away from the beach, marrickville is a bit of a dump, more surburbia than anything else, of you want teh party life better moving to east or city

Ah ye, thats near enough to me! You probably use the lovely Metro for your shopping too then? :p

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Ah ye, thats near enough to me! You probably use the lovely Metro for your shopping too then? :p

Yep! well my local supermarket is 'Northside' shopping centre at home, so in some ways it is a step up

Ye, i've got the square so i'm used to havin shops that are actually for blokes. The Metro seems to be a few supermarkets, and a loada womens shops!

You know of any good pubs i can adopt as me new local around the area? I'm right beside The Vic and its a dive. Then the Warren is up the road, as well as Newtown, with its few pubs, but none of them are any good!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ha,i used to live in the terraces!!!
    over a year ago now.... :(

Ye, i've got the square so i'm used to havin shops that are actually for blokes. The Metro seems to be a few supermarkets, and a loada womens shops!

You know of any good pubs i can adopt as me new local around the area? I'm right beside The Vic and its a dive. Then the Warren is up the road, as well as Newtown, with its few pubs, but none of them are any good!

Coopers has really good food upstairs,
    Kellys has cheap pints (I think 5.50-6!) and a really nice beer garden, the pub is a bit of a dive, but can be a good laugh and have bulmers on tap (mmmmm)
    The bank - fantastic food, but full of knobs
    Marly bar has lots of live music and comedy, trivia etc - decent place.
    Townie - the alternative for alternatives, open late, had a few good nights there, can get a bit crazy, complete dive but at 3am a good spot ;)

jackncoke wrote: »
    ha,i used to live in the terraces!!!
    over a year ago now.... :(

was it as big a dive last year as it is now? What number ya live in? There does be some shenanigans around that street. some bloke got fined 800dollars there for destroyin the fence and garage door! Well, he was givin the choice to pay the fine or be kicked out!!

the wrost part is havin to turn the volume up on the telly every 6 minutes or so when a plane goes overhead!!
    Kellys has cheap pints (I think 5.50-6!) and a really nice beer garden, the pub is a bit of a dive, but can be a good laugh and have bulmers on tap (mmmmm)
    Townie - the alternative for alternatives, open late, had a few good nights there, can get a bit crazy, complete dive but at 3am a good spot ;)

Are they all around enmore? Havent heard of any of them!

• Advertisement

Are they all around enmore? Havent heard of any of them!
    No king st ... only 10min walk away from enmore road
    check out http://mappyhour.com/dir/details.php?loc=vqhnfreidf

for a list of pubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

was it as big a dive last year as it is now? What number ya live in? There does be some shenanigans around that street. some bloke got fined 800dollars there for destroyin the fence and garage door! Well, he was givin the choice to pay the fine or be kicked out!!

the wrost part is havin to turn the volume up on the telly every 6 minutes or so when a plane goes overhead!!

think it was no.29 if im not mistaken,ended up living there for like 4 months or so.got used to airplanes after about 3 months :D

you're right about the area,there wasnt much to do around there but that helped save the cashflow aswell

No king st ... only 10min walk away from enmore road
    check out http://mappyhour.com/dir/details.php?loc=vqhnfreidf

for a list of pubs!

Wow, didnt realise there was that many pubs around!
    jackncoke wrote: »
    think it was no.29 if im not mistaken,ended up living there for like 4 months or so.got used to airplanes after about 3 months :D

you're right about the area,there wasnt much to do around there but that helped save the cashflow aswell

Ye, but i dont get paid til 5th november and im absolutely broke! besides, everyone spends all their money on crates of beer for house parties before going out, so cashflow is non-existant!

Im still trying to find a nice place nearer the beach but im thinking is it worth it. I have this current job until jsut before xmas, then my contract runs out. I was thinking about moving to melbourne or perth afterwards so im not sure i could get a new place for a month or two! especially with some of the silly bonds i've seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

Boards beers?

Boards Pub crawl?

Boards Pub crawl?

I am on the committee for a 12 pubs of Xmas, I am sure I can post details when they are available

Committee? That sounds like the best job ever!!

Committee? That sounds like the best job ever!!

Last year there was 40 at the first pub and about 70 at the last one!
    and it is good manners to buy the organisers a drink
    http://picasaweb.google.com/kevhussey/12PubsOfChristmas07#

I am on the committee for a 12 pubs of Xmas, I am sure I can post details when they are available

This year i shall be fulfilling this grand old tradition back in the old country

By the way, how late would be too late to get a place near bondi/coogee?

• Advertisement

By the way, how late would be too late to get a place near bondi/coogee?

it's never too late, just gets a lot harder .. but I'd say mid-november (if not now) will require a deal of patience

I got a place in bondi 10 days before xmas, you just have to be on the ball and be very quick

ye i spose.

tho i know a lot of people that have come over here in november for a year in the past, so it seems common enough to do that, meaning there should be a lot of people leaving around this time!

ye i spose.

tho i know a lot of people that have come over here in november for a year in the past, so it seems common enough to do that, meaning there should be a lot of people leaving around this time!

yes and a fair amount of people go home for xmas, but the problem is usually people know someone who wants the room or at least know someone that knows someone etc.

You can really see the difference in sydney now compared to a month ago, and again next month will be the same

Ye, ya'd nearly wanna be here for another year and set up base in bodi or coogee to be guaranteed a place there for the summer.

A friend of mine has been here for 3 years. He has a place in Bondi that when he goes travelling, might rent it out for a bit to someone, then come back to it. Saves lugging all your stuff around. Thats something i'd like to do too. Only problem is returning and having to get a job as well. My mate is lucky in that hes a sound engineer so he can just get a job in any pub when he gets back. Decent money, with very casual working hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

It's a small world, I live in Darley st, just at the bottom of King street! The Botany View Hotel is the local. Do ya get a weird smell of popcorn around the place on a Tuesday evening?

It's a small world, I live in Darley st, just at the bottom of King street! The Botany View Hotel is the local. Do ya get a weird smell of popcorn around the place on a Tuesday evening?
    I live on lord street! which is parallel to darley!

Have never gone in to the botney view, they always seem to have poker or a country band on ...

I once went into the sydney park hotel ... never again ;)

I like the union hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Ya, Union is good too. We'll have to do a boards beers Newtown with b man and others one of the weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

Don't forget The Courthouse! Definitely the best pub in Newtown. It's got a fantastic beer garden and a great atmosphere (although the guy who commentates on the crab racing every Thursday makes me mental).

Other pluses for The Courthouse include 9 dollar jugs of Coopers on Thursdays and they have Justice ale on tap. It's great going up to the bar, slamming your fist down and demanding "Is justice being served hear!". Never gets old. :pac:

Teg Veece wrote: »
    The Courthouse include 9 dollar jugs of Coopers on Thursdays

I'm there!

• Advertisement

Ya, Union is good too. We'll have to do a boards beers Newtown with b man and others one of the weekends!

We could start off early in newtown, cupla pints in kellys, cupla more in coopers, but after a few ya know we're gonna end up in town somewhere, like paddy maguires or somewhere!!

Advertisement