Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowrun

Options
  • 20-10-2008 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I picked this game up for 10 euro for the xbox, then got all my mates to start playing the game again, Its really addictive! There is a huge amount of skill in this game, You have to pick your tech, Spells and weapons in the way you play your role on the team, I usually pick the elf...resurrect/Scout, I've heard a lot mixed opinions on this game?

'The media reviews for the game were mixed, with most reviews citing a dire lack of content for a multiplayer only game (9 maps, 7 weapons, 7 spells, 6 techs, 3 game modes) and the high price as the main criticisms despite the large chance of a myriad of download content.'

And to make things better...

On September 12, 2007, FASA Studio announced its closure.

'The official Shadowrun forums were closed on January 31, 2008 and the announcement also stated the Shadowrun.com domain name would soon be transferred to Smith & Tinker, the company which licensed the electronic entertainment rights for Shadowrun from Microsoft.'

So theres going to be no new maps or updates? :(

Me and my mates will continue to play Shadowrun because it requires you to play as a team and you have a good laugh! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

It also allows for cross play between PC and console. Had it for the PC, got bored.. the end. There was probably more "depth" to the gameplay that I wasn't seeing but imo, a game should pull you in from the outset, you shouldn't have to work at liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

L31mr0d wrote: »
    It also allows for cross play between PC and console. Had it for the PC, got bored.. the end. There was probably more "depth" to the gameplay that I wasn't seeing but imo, a game should pull you in from the outset, you shouldn't have to work at liking it.

The gameplay certainly changes as you get better, I think the cross play is great as it expands the amount of people you play against, I seen shadowrun for 15 euro for the PC in xtra game there yesterday.

I would never pay full price for the game, As there is no single player modes, But the online certainly makes up for it.

Advertisement