Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest in skateboarding...

Options
  • 20-10-2008 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey guys, recently I've been wanting to get into boarding, however, none of my mates would be bothered getting into it, and I couldn't be arsed trying to learn on my own - I'd get bored after an hour!

Any chance there is a club in dublin, or if any of ye are willing to drag a newb around and show him the ropes?

Tis an odd request, but sure, only choice I have left!

Later :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

ur best bet is to go down bushy park and chat to few of the older skaters, they might be able to help you out.

I know Shaggy was trying to get lessons sorted with Dublin city council, but dont know what came of it, maybe you meet him down there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Just perfect the basics before trying anything else, and watch the ankle rolls, worst things ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Was gonna say bushy park, nice friendly feel in that park.
    Just skate around your road and stuff at first, to get a feel for it, no point killin yourself in a park and being put off for a good while cause you forgot to learn the basics.

Good hobbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 achillesminor

Nice one guys, appreciate it.

Anywhere closer to the city than Bushy Park? Kind of place I could only really get to on the weekends.

As you said though, probably be a while before I should bother heading to a park; but, are most guys pretty cool down there in regard to just walking up and asking for some pointers? I know it may seem a bit rediculous, but heading up to strangers to ask about something I know little about, generally isn't my thing =p

Again though, appreciate it :cool:

They shouldnt mind you asking for pointers, thats how most people learn to skate, full stop like.

there's parks in blanch, swords, monkstown and lucan as well, any of them better for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ramr132

hey i wanna get a bord and im new to all of this like i can skate around ok i suppose and do a ollie but im knew to this how much should i spend on a board and where to go?id appreciate the help

I love street skating, its probably the best when you really get into it.

There's parks all over Dublin as I've pointed out above. Grab a mate and head to those spots i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

Hey guys, recently I've been wanting to get into boarding, however, none of my mates would be bothered getting into it, and I couldn't be arsed trying to learn on my own - I'd get bored after an hour!

Any chance there is a club in dublin, or if any of ye are willing to drag a newb around and show him the ropes?

Tis an odd request, but sure, only choice I have left!

Later :cool:
    Ha im in the EXACT same situation
    What age r u? im 12:)

The dangers of the internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

We did lessons in Bushy park in conjunction with Dublin city council but they've finished up now and it doesn't look like they'll be doing them again this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement