Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions wanted for a tough choice...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Honda Accord?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Honda Accord?

AAARRRGgGhhhhhh!!!:D

Too late. Mind made up. Nice car though.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Right, for the ones that were interested.

Noticed a Bloody Jaguar advert for the X-Type at €34,300!!!!! Half leather, Bluetooth, cruise, etc, etc. Gorgeous from the front but pure second gen Mondeo from the side (IMO). Way too small in back seats. €31K including my passat, which was a brilliant price even though depreciation would be through the floor.

However, choice has been made.............

(Drum Roll..........)

Audi A6 - Yes, I know I didn't need one. €46K new, SE edition, Bluetooth, voice, leather etc, etc. Including my Passat - €40K. drove it, its the new facelifted 09 model. great to drive, looks the biz, total comfort. 136BHP, near 60MPG quoted. All for less than a 320D. In fact only 2 grand more than aa 08 320D. €3.5K more than what i was originally going to pay for the A4.
    €150 to tax, 30K service intervals.

Will order her next week, and will be glad to be done. I thought I'd enjoy persuing all the cars on offer, but its bloody torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Best of luck with your new car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

whiterebel wrote: »

(Drum Roll..........)

Audi A6 - Yes, I know I didn't need one. €46K new, SE edition, Bluetooth, voice, leather etc, etc. Including my Passat - €40K. drove it, its the new facelifted 09 model. great to drive, looks the biz, total comfort. 136BHP, near 60MPG quoted. All for less than a 320D. In fact only 2 grand more than aa 08 320D. €3.5K more than what i was originally going to pay for the A4.

Will order her next week, and will be glad to be done. I thought I'd enjoy persuing all the cars on offer, but its bloody torture.

I'm horribly jealous.

You lucky lucky man.
    Fair play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

New A6 for €40k?!

1.9 TDi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

bigkev49 wrote: »
    New A6 for €40k?!

1.9 TDi?

New 2.0TDI 136 version costs €42100. Emissions 139g = €150 road tax a year.

SE adds €3000 i think?

Nice choice OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Fair play OP, nicely done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Car-dealer

Hi

I would seriously consider a 2007 or 2008 model. I saw via my own business today an Audi A6 TDi SE amazing spec full leather ect, 2007 with 25K miles approx for €30000 all in with vrt ect ---

are you sure you want to drive out of the Audi showroom and drop €5000 by the time the wheels touch the street?

Good luck in anycase!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Car-dealer wrote: »
    Hi

I would seriously consider a 2007 or 2008 model. I saw via my own business today an Audi A6 TDi SE amazing spec full leather ect, 2007 with 25K miles approx for €30000 all in with vrt ect ---

are you sure you want to drive out of the Audi showroom and drop €5000 by the time the wheels touch the street?

Good luck in anycase!

No offence but if everyone thought like you there would be no such thing as second hands as you would have no-one willing to buy new in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

RedorDead wrote: »
    No offence but if everyone thought like you there would be no such thing as second hands as you would have no-one willing to buy new in the first place.

agreed, lets hear it for the people willing to throw away their money so we can benefit.

For they are jolly good fellows, fo they are jolly good fellows........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Noticed a Bloody Jaguar advert for the X-Type at €34,300!!!!! Half leather, Bluetooth, cruise, etc, etc. Gorgeous from the front but pure second gen Mondeo from the side (IMO). Way too small in back seats. €31K including my passat, which was a brilliant price even though depreciation would be through the floor.

(Drum Roll..........)

Good stuff, best of luck with it. I'm glad you didn't go for the A4, I hate them and they're littering the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

'sfunny, something going on in Audi-land.........my boss just got a whopper of a deal on an A6 as well - Multitronic, leather etc, all the toys........37k + his 05 C Class petrol. Bloody hell - miles cheaper than a BeeEmm - and a better choice, imho.

OP, re your question earlier, no, Saab was bought at 18mths old, 320d was bought at 6mths old.

Zero probs with Saab so far, no such luck with 320d though........:mad:........ but, I will say one thing: the 318d is the 320d spec engine of old, and no-one ever complained about the performance of that - so to say now it's old hat is a bit rich.

A friend of mine is contemplating a new one for 09, and tbh, the newer spec is completely wasted on him, and a 318d is perfect for him - he'd have no value on a/c, leather, or anything else. But he wants the badge.........that's who they build them for, I guess........:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Biro wrote: »
    Good stuff, best of luck with it. I'm glad you didn't go for the A4, I hate them and they're littering the country.

New A4 is truly gorgeous though. One of the nicest "affordable" Audis I have ever seen.

Just regarding the suggestion son imports.....Yes I know they are cheap in the UK, but you can't get the latest ones reasonably, if at all. Then they have no warranty, big danger of being clocked (apparently), more expensive to tax etc.

The new Audis are €150 to tax, have 30,000KM service intervals, and a fantastic spec. Staggering. I did nearly sucumb to badge fever with the Jag though......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

New A4 is truly gorgeous though. One of the nicest "affordable" Audis I have ever seen.

I'd respectfully but strongly disagree! The front is an improvement, the rest is fairly terrible IMO, especially the back. Interior is nice, but the audi-tainment system thingy is kinda fiddley.
    With the VRT changes the A6 is much better value. I'd still sooner the 520d, but the A6 is decent, you made a good call and got surprisingly good value.
    What county are you in as a matter of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jew Gold

(Drum Roll..........)

Fantastic choice man! I think it is good you bought new. Although you coulda saved a couple grand going s/h, you probably would not be getting that fuel economy, or benefit from new road tax system. Diesel engines these days are certainly alot better than in the past and since the petrol levy, cheaper to fill up!(for garages near me anyway,)

Congratulations, good luck with it.

Biro wrote: »
    I'd respectfully but strongly disagree! The front is an improvement, the rest is fairly terrible IMO, especially the back. Interior is nice, but the audi-tainment system thingy is kinda fiddley.
    With the VRT changes the A6 is much better value. I'd still sooner the 520d, but the A6 is decent, you made a good call and got surprisingly good value.
    What county are you in as a matter of interest?

And the back end to me is fantastic!!:p Still its all about opinions, and you are certainly entitled to yours.

In Cork, rang the 3 in the county, Fermoy was the best. Also tried Tallaght and Waterford. Fermoy and Waterford were best deals, but best to go local, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Oul lad bought a new A4 there in Fermoy last year aswell, very good sales and service and by far the most competitive in terms of pricing when I was ringing around for him.

Advertisement