Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE the WEED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I am absolutely certain the drug squad would be very upset to hear hash is going to be legalised. There is no way they would let it happen - they will lose too much.

Anyway, that's it from me.

hash sucks balls and you might as well smoke elvis records as its pure shi*te and plastic. This is the criminals... I do NOT touch hash... Only the good weed (without glass in it).. from people who grow themselves. But I hate not feeling safe because I have the stuff on me.

For posters above. I dont care about who reads this. I dont feel the need to keep this secret... perhaps you have something to hide my dear man?

You see where I am going with this???

Check this link (pure clean and naturally from the ground without modification):
    http://gizmodo.com/348628/marijuana-vending-machines-opening-for-business-in-la

• Registered Users Posts: 24,055 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Toiletroll wrote: »
    hash sucks balls and you might as well smoke elvis records as its pure shi*te and plastic. This is the criminals... I do NOT touch hash... Only the good weed (without glass in it).. from people who grow themselves. But I hate not feeling safe because I have the stuff on me.

For posters above. I dont care about who reads this. I dont feel the need to keep this secret... perhaps you have something to hide my dear man?

You see where I am going with this???

Check this link (pure clean and naturally from the ground without modification):
    http://gizmodo.com/348628/marijuana-vending-machines-opening-for-business-in-la

Of course some people smoke bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

You cannot become addicted to weed. Trust me I know the difference. I can go months without weed without issue. F8cuking ciggis is a different story.

So come back when you have a clue dear sir
    *Sigh*
    Yes you can.
    There is chemical addiction and psycological addiction. Weed can lead to the former, but not the latter, BUT, the latter is the one thats harder to kick.
    Thats why you see smokers start smoking again, years after they stopped - they have associations built up in their head, which trigger the desire to smoke.

Addiction isn't all twitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You cannot become addicted to weed. Trust me I know the difference. I can go months without weed without issue. F8cuking ciggis is a different story.

So come back when you have a clue dear sir
    Actually, I was kind of joking. But that went right over your head.

And, you can become addicted to anything. The two main types of addiction are chemical and pschological. Weed falls into the second category.

So you dear sir should probably learn a little about the world around you instead of assuming everything you like to do must be grand.

edit: Damn you The_Minister and your l33t Ninja posting skills!

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Of course some people smoke bullsh1t.

Because they have no CHOICE and they have no CHOICE but to fund the criminals.... Lets give people a f*cking choice and not criminalise people who prefer WEED of the ALCOHOL.

I HATE ALCOHOL! Its useless. it renders an individual completely NON productive for its duration and after effects... Weed (in my case) increases my productivity and creativness.

Maybe the people who dont believe that are just bland boring and unimpressive shiites

• Advertisement

Because they have no CHOICE and they have no CHOICE but to fund the criminals.... Lets give people a f*cking choice and not criminalise people who prefer WEED of the ALCOHOL.

I HATE ALCOHOL! Its useless. it renders an individual completely NON productive for its duration and after effects... Weed (in my case) increases my productivity and creativness.

Maybe the people who dont believe that are just bland boring and unimpressive shiites
    Or maybe your drug addled mind has been warped by continual abuse?

humanji wrote: »
    Or maybe your drug addled mind has been warped by continual abuse?

Or maybe you are clutching at straws, young man?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Toiletroll, you are falling into the same trap that Luke Flanagan AKA Ming the Merciless falls into:

You are a condescending, ignorant dick.

You have insulted and belittled everyone who has disagreed with you, and you haven't even had the decency (or, far more likely, the capacity) to put some effort or wit into it.

I actually support legalisation (preceded by a education campaign), not because I believe it is safe, but because I think that, similarly to alchohol or cigarettes, the number of people destroyed by it will be small compared to the number of people who will partake in it. The thing is, you are one of the burned-out cretins that I accept will be the collateral damage. And, seeing you desperately flailing around on this thread, unable to come up with better responses than short sporadic insults, because your neurons, fried to the point that each one of the little fellas probably sparks when you rustle tinfoil, cannot do more than let you cough up words like a goldfish's "glop", well, that just makes me wonder if its worth legalising at all.

If a person can't be creative without using drugs, they might as well give up. Trek off down to a drug rehab clinic, see how creative they are.

Or maybe you are clutching at straws, young man?
    Or maybe I'm taking the piss. It's so hard to tell these days. Pay attention to The_Ministers post (#39) as it is a reason why nobody will pay you any attention. And then pay heed to ejmaztec in post #40 as he has a very good point.

There's no real problem with using something like weed for recreational purposes, but when you claim you need it, then there's a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You have insulted and belittled everyone who has disagreed with you, and you haven't even had the decency (or, far more likely, the capacity) to put some effort or wit into it.

Banned.

Toiletroll, you are falling into the same trap that Luke Flanagan AKA Ming the Merciless falls into:

I actually support legalisation (preceded by a education campaign), not because I believe it is safe, but because I think that, similarly to alchohol or cigarettes, the number of people destroyed by it will be small compared to the number of people who will partake in it. The thing is, you are one of the burned-out cretins that I accept will be the collateral damage. And, seeing you desperately flailing around on this thread, unable to come up with better responses than short sporadic insults, because your neurons, fried to the point that each one of the little fellas probably sparks when you rustle tinfoil, cannot do more than let you cough up words like a goldfish's "glop", well, that just makes me wonder if its worth legalising at all.

Apologies to anyone I have insulted if they added something constructive to the post. I responded in a belittled the people who didnt. I am quite busy and only skimming over these posts as I didnt expect to see so many.

I contribute a lot to this society and I dont like alcohol. I just want to smoke weed.

Lets see... If you drink alcohol every weekend and enjoy it etc, then you are as likely to become dependant on it as Weed... Weed will allow you to contribute, being pissed of your head will not.

Weed does not take over your consious. If you look at driving tests done in Holland for police you will see that the people who did the test stoned scored higher...

Weed (when used to it) does expand your mind... Some of the best creative people have been drugies...

Some of the posts here are so blind that it is difficult to not belittle the posters

humanji wrote: »
    Or maybe I'm taking the piss. It's so hard to tell these days. Pay attention to The_Ministers post (#39) as it is a reason why nobody will pay you any attention. And then pay heed to ejmaztec in post #40 as he has a very good point.

There's no real problem with using something like weed for recreational purposes, but when you claim you need it, then there's a problem.

if you are then you should look at how stronmgly i feel about the topic and feel a serious post is required. I dont tend to go out of my way to see if trolls are taking the piss out of what I say.. All I can do is take it at face value and of course respond

I didnt read your post after the first few lines because you are being hippocritical... your post is worthless and you can respond again and leave out the beginning.

perhaps you dont have capacity yourself?

I bit the bullet and read your post... Dont bother responding again. You know nothing about me or my success... Ill come back to this thread when the real recession kicks in and lets see where you will be then.

See?? I can make wild and unfounded assumkptions just like you, I must be as "smart" as you, based on your own logic...

I bit the bullet and read your post... Dont bother responding again. You know nothing about me or my success... Ill come back to this thread when the real recession kicks in and lets see where you will be then.

See?? I can make wild and unfounded assumkptions just like you, I must be as "smart" as you, based on your own logic...

For some reason, I can't imagine why, you must have missed the bit where The Minister was prevented from further participation for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

With all due respect: shut up. Stop attacking another poster, especially one that has been banned for attacking a poster. Now, repeat after me: :facepalm:

Karoma wrote: »
    With all due respect: shut up. Stop attacking another poster, especially one that has been banned for attacking a poster. Now, repeat after me: :facepalm:

Im sorry - I didnt realise he got banned :)

Thanks for that... Wish I saved my breath...

I just see this whole thing as an expensive war against people who are not criminals. I contribute alsmot 100% of my waking time to my business and other peoples business. I dont feel like I should be seen as a criminal.

The government could make so much from taxing it. The world is in crisis and legalizing weed might be better than letting the over 70's die as punishment for working all their lives to better the country.

The new budget looks like it was thought up by a bunch of clowns... I dont feel safe in clowns hands

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im going to regret this but seeing as you seem to be dying to tell everyone...

How does "weed" increase your productivity and creativeness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Chillax dude. :)

Ive had friends harrased recently for being caught the first time with a bit of dope, ringing them to try and get them to "rat", waiting in a particular place to search them etc.. I thought it was bad that they can bring you to court for a bit of dope, but doing that **** is low.

I live in an estate that should have the 5-0 walking around talking and doing some community outreach, mind you my estate isnt that bad, maybe three ejjits, tis quiet compared to others. If i seen them waddling down my street or down the worse ones id think it was a good thing...but no.

I had a bad enough opinion without hearing about that ****e recently. All credibility has been stripped. They do **** all, they do **** all to protect citizens from assault on a night out by giving laughable sentences to multiple offending scummy bastards that deserve to rot. But they'd lift ya and rob you of about ten joints worth and summons you for harming no one.

I for one would like to see the tables turned, the alcohol possession being illegal and the dope legal, try and convince us all then that your cause is just ya big drunk whorebag. Alcohol dependancy is far far greater than any possible phycological "dependancy" on a bit of smoke, and tbh, anyone who never smoked the stuff can stfu about its effects. You know **** all and your information is poor at best.

But nearly every aspect of my argument has been put forward here previously. Nothing has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Have to agree with toilet troll here , most of what is said about weed is all hear say they would tell you anything to take the attention off it's beneficial effects. I'm not going to bother ranting on about what they are because I have said it all before but the bottom line is although it doesn't make sence that it is illegal and alcholal is not, although there are thousands who would agree with me...

It never will become legalized , at least not in the near future in this country because we have too many people in this country who follow the majority and will come on here and rant against me for this and that, i'd guarantee almost none of them have ever smoked a joint and talked to anybody who has used it for pain relieve as a medication. These are the people which will stop it and support Irelands granny state methods.

if you are then you should look at how stronmgly i feel about the topic and feel a serious post is required. I dont tend to go out of my way to see if trolls are taking the piss out of what I say.. All I can do is take it at face value and of course respond
    You could use your head. I've always become relaxed when I smoked weed, so why are you so uptight? You're on AH, in a thread topic that has been done to death, insulting people. Why should anyone take you seriously if you're not going to pay anyone else the same respect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

why weed? seems kinda random when you look at it objectively, what about other safer drugs?

ghb, mdma, lsd, methylphenidate ect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I don't really have any problems with it. I've yet to see a stoner wreck the town on a saturday night because hes' too stoned. And as far as labelling stoners are work-scared, it's BS. My friend and his father are out and out stoners and they work 6 day weeks in tough jobs and don't ever bitch or moan about it.

It's very logical to state that if Alcohol is legal, then hash should be too. Why would it not be logical? That's the bar that our government has set, which in turn has expanded onto what society has set.

I don't consider hash to be harmful. And with that being said, if it's not really harmful - and a person using it responsibly isn't effecting anyone else - I don't see what the big problem is. Too many people on a moral high horse about it.

Legalise it, shut all the stoners up and we won't have to see any of these free the weed t-shirts ever again. I think the idea of putting people in prison for having a few smokes is absolutely silly.

vinylmesh wrote: »
    why weed? seems kinda random when you look at it objectively, what about other safer drugs?

They are too hardcore... While they do less damage to your body than alcohol they still leave you incapacited.

Good and fair point though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Well I don't know about that I've seen people have serious after effects of taking MDMA for months afterwards, so I wouldn't consider that safe. As far as I know other than sending you off your head they don't benefit people.

dlofnep wrote: »

Legalise it, shut all the stoners up and we won't have to see any of these free the weed t-shirts ever again. I think the idea of putting people in prison for having a few smokes is absolutely silly.

That's the only legitimate reason to legalise it!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

They are too hardcore... While they do less damage to your body than alcohol they still leave you incapacited.

Good and fair point though

how so?

weed leaves you incapacitated, methylphenidate does not. maybe lsd, but what about the others?

pure MDMA hasn't proven to have any negative side effects, perhaps there was more than just mdma (if any) in those pills.

i know this chart gets thrown up like every day here, but i thought i'd throw it up again.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/432675368_9b1dd6e250_o.png

how so?

weed leaves you incapacitated, methylphenidate does not. maybe lsd, but what about the others?

pure MDMA hasn't proven to have any negative side effects, perhaps there was more than just mdma (if any) in those pills.

i know this chart gets thrown up like every day here, but i thought i'd throw it up again.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/432675368_9b1dd6e250_o.png

I have nothing against those other drugs, though in my own experience when I was younger, I would not be able to sit down at a computer for too long to do my work on anything other than Weed :) I didnt disagree with the point, I thought it is a fair point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I can ALSO capitalise WORDS at RANDOM in my POSTS.

Advertisement