Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE the WEED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

vinylmesh wrote: »
    how so?

weed leaves you incapacitated, methylphenidate does not. maybe lsd, but what about the others?

pure MDMA hasn't proven to have any negative side effects, perhaps there was more than just mdma (if any) in those pills.

i know this chart gets thrown up like every day here, but i thought i'd throw it up again.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/432675368_9b1dd6e250_o.png

Weed has different effects on all people. For me I can sit at my computer and work effeciently for hours. Without it, I must get up and do something else... So in essence it helps me focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Piste wrote: »
    I can ALSO capitalise WORDS at RANDOM in my POSTS.
    Really? How random Of you.
    pure MDMA hasn't proven to have any negative side effects, perhaps there was more than just mdma (if any) in those pills.
    Theres always something more, no need for that "perhaps"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Toiletroll wrote: »
    I have nothing against those other drugs, though in my own experience when I was younger, I would not be able to sit down at a computer for too long to do my work on anything other than Weed :) I didnt disagree with the point, I thought it is a fair point

Weed has different effects on all people. For me I can sit at my computer and work effeciently for hours. Without it, I must get up and do something else... So in essence it helps me focus.

posting the same point twice in a row.... man you must be stoned! :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

In my opinion, we (Irish) really need to look at legalising the weed to some extent.

No, we dont.
    now shut your bong hole and get a damn job, hippy.

vinylmesh wrote: »
    you posted that already.... man you must be stoned :D.

I wish my guy didnt get grassed on and busted at the weekend. Then maybe, just maybe id be stoned right now and be working on something constructive rather than be de-constructive on here ;)

I am shocked at some of the posts on here and I feel so sorry for some of the posters...

I will never stop smoking weed, and give me a few years, I feel very strongly about this. Ill wait until our economy becomes totally screwed and then think about some sort of movement. Who is with me? :)

• Advertisement

0ubliette wrote: »
    No, we dont.
    now shut your bong hole and get a damn job, hippy.

Can you see what we have to deal with here?

What kind of post is that my man? Do your brain cells connect or have you got some sort of latency issues via non fully connected cells?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

AARRRGH wrote: »
    It will never be legalised as too many people (i.e. Gardai, Customs Officers) would lose their job. The drug industry is an industry for everyone - from dealer to Garda.

Not true. The gardai could go around stopping drunk people beating the crap out of innocent people for no reason. And making weed legal would not mean the customs officers would lose their jobs, There are more drugs out there.

It would help the country what with the recession and everything, boosting tourism and creating more jobs in coffee shops to deal with demand, also people to grow it etc.

And we'd all be happy. (except you of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

And the whole idea of legalisation within Ireland once again takes another hit.

And Karoma, nice generalisation in your first post. :rolleyes:

Korvanica wrote: »
    Not true. The gardai could go around stopping drunk people beating the crap out of innocent people for no reason. And making weed legal would not mean the customs officers would lose their jobs, There are more drugs out there.

It would help the country what with the recession and everything, boosting tourism and creating more jobs in coffee shops to deal with demand, also people to grow it etc.

And we'd all be happy. (except you of course)

Excellent post! :)

They said they needed to do something radical in the new budget... Ill say it again (just so you know that I am aware ive said it already:P)

Lets lets the over 70's DIE because they worked all their lives for this country

Lets leave weed illegal because we dont want those dirty mexicans visiting Ireland anyway, we dont need their money, hell we didnt need it in the 20th centuary.. And look where we are now!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Toe-Rag UTD

I can see both sides of the argument on this one. As a smoker myself, I can see the negative aspects of the drug but again that's my decision. I am going to do it regardless and would rather not break the law while having my smoke at the end of a long busy day.

I work successfully in IT, have a Wife and two children and I don't see a problem with myself and my Wife having a relaxing smoke when the kids are in bed, the day is coming to an end and there is nothing nicer than going to bed with the Missus having some relations and then a nice long sleep after a nice smoke of some Orange Bud or White Willow. (Proper Smoke).

Feck sake people, what is the problem here?

Legalize it to an extent, provide licenses, let the fat cat governments rake in the Tax and happy days. You will get the idiots who will run a muck with it, but sure natural selection will take its toll here.

I can see both sides of the argument on this one. As a smoker myself, I can see the negative aspects of the drug but again that's my decision. I am going to do it regardless and would rather not break the law while having my smoke at the end of a long busy day.

I work successfully in IT, have a Wife and two children and I don't see a problem with myself and my Wife having a relaxing smoke when the kids are in bed, the day is coming to an end and there is nothing nicer than going to bed with the Missus having some relations and then a nice long sleep after a nice smoke of some Orange Bud or White Willow. (Proper Smoke).

Feck sake people, what is the problem here?

Legalize it to an extent, provide licenses, let the fat cat governments rake in the Tax and happy days. You will get the idiots who will run a muck with it, but sure natural selection will take its toll here.

100% Agreed!

Opening up a massive new avenue for Tourism... We are already "green". We are broke and we need the money.

FFS It is impossible to win the war on drugs... If they could focus on the other stuff rather than weed they might have more success... Either way, I will smoke it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In my opinion, we (Irish) really need to look at legalising the weed to some extent.

We waste millions upon millions on a war that will never be won when we could be raking it in from the taxes on selling weed and freeing up the garda to deal with real criminals.

It suits us anyway! ireland is GREEN :)

Even Canada & USA are seeing the light... Come on Government, 8C on fuel which will make everything else go up in price? Clever clever, oh so clever... Why not legalise weed and REDUCE the price of fuel...

http://gizmodo.com/348628/marijuana-vending-machines-opening-for-business-in-la

There's enough cabbages in Ireland without adding more.

No to legalising drugs.

Mairt wrote: »

No to legalising drugs.

Ok and alcohol? its fine.. Drink it all day... Its good for ya i tellye

Seriously, wake up and read the whole topic before posting blind. Makes you look foolish... You are ready to dismiss it without a thought! Do you run the government? IS this your budget also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Mairt wrote: »

No to legalising drugs.

my God and excellently worded and informed comment :rolleyes:

oh btw does anyone know if I can smoke weed and drink alcohol in any one of the dams fine establishments these days?

Seriously, wake up and read the whole topic before posting blind. Makes you look foolish... You are ready to dismiss it without a thought! Do you run the government? IS this your budget also?

Where you are ****ing up is by telling people what to do.

If someone has there mind made up that in view of how they see their country they like certain things being illegal then sitting there and telling them they are wrong is not going to help.

Instead it just makes things more difficult for the people who can actually put forth a reasonable argument as to what we could do around the possible legalisation of weed and how it might benefit people.

It would also require a massive education drive on the actual affects of weed and all other drugs. There would need to be research into the safety and long term affects as well.

In short, a tiny bit of ****ing realism wouldn't hurt from the Pro side, while a tiny bit of understanding wouldn't hurt from the Con side.

Of course, that simply won't happen because it's a little bit too grown up for people to act in such a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This thread is getting a little heated. Mandatory tokes of the bong are now in session.

Dragan wrote: »
    Where you are ****ing up is by telling people what to do.

If someone has there mind made up that in view of how they see their country they like certain things being illegal then sitting there and telling them they are wrong is not going to help.

Instead it just makes things more difficult for the people who can actually put forth a reasonable argument as to what we could do around the possible legalisation of weed and how it might benefit people.

It would also require a massive education drive on the actual affects of weed and all other drugs. There would need to be research into the safety and long term affects as well.

In short, a tiny bit of ****ing realism wouldn't hurt from the Pro side, while a tiny bit of understanding wouldn't hurt from the Con side.

Of course, that simply won't happen because it's a little bit too grown up for people to act in such a way.

I agree... I am overly-frustrated.

In fact... I am going to create an awesome website just for FREE the WEED. Ill do as you say... Watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 24,055 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=329&sectionId=5

"All illegal drugs carry a risk, but cannabis users are particularly vulnerable to developing schizophrenia. Regular cannabis users are twice as likely to develop the condition compared with people who do not use cannabis.

Heavy users of strong herbal cannabis, known as skunk, are thought to be six times more likely to develop the condition compared with non-users. A heavy user is defined as someone who uses cannabis at least once a day."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I agree with legalising cannabis and marijuana. I've tried them and I've had no problems with either.

I know people do have trouble with the lighter drugs but, if they are regulated, they could be sold legally. Gov wins with more taxes and it'll probably cut down the illegal trade in these drugs...win, win for them.

I think regulation would be very important for harder drugs if they were to be legalised. At least that way all these deaths from OD's and speedballs might be avoided. However, the physiological and psychological effects of those drugs are much more damaging so it's hard to judge.

They could start with cannabis and marijuana and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Oh heres the skitzo arguement again, did you also know you are 10 times more likely to commit a violent crime under the influence of drink or 20 times more likely to light your house on fire while walking with a candle?

As much as I love a toke you have got to see both sides, sure amsterdam and Holland seem to have a fine attitude but the reality is they have such a soft attitude on drugs that it attracts all sorts around the RLD such as the guys selling coke etc and most of the industry is still run by dealers cause they just bought out alot of the coffee shops and run them legally but theres still alot of wheeling and dealing.

The way forward is to grant it to medical users first and regulate it, maybe make it legal to grow up to 4-5 plants for personal use the way it is in czech republic and spain.

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Oh heres the skitzo arguement again

My wife has to deal with these "Skitzos" on a daily basis, people who were once "normal" but now find themselves on legal drugs administered by the medics. Most of them don't even know what day it is. A lot of them were professional people, people with degrees etc etc, not some morons off the street.

A common word seen when studying schizophrenia is "delusion".

ejmaztec wrote: »
    My wife has to deal with these "Skitzos" on a daily basis, people who were once "normal" but now find themselves on legal drugs administered by the medics. Most of them don't even know what day it is. A lot of them were professional people, people with degrees etc etc, not some morons off the street.

I've read through the references for the article you linked to, clashed against Pubmed. No real links to show that using cannabis causes Schizophrenia, only that people being treated had used it in the past.

I know this is a bit of an ask but would you mind asking your wife if there are any decent resources for this type of study on the net? Preferrably control groups, double blinds etc?

Also, this is a legimate request as i do like to actually research this type of thing.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Oh come on now, are you saying that weed has directly effected this, i have done the research on this before and there is NO direct evidence linking weed to Scitzorania. It's just that a certain percentage of these people have used Marijuana in the past before they became ill after that alot of them used, coke, Heroin, LSD, MDMA etc do you not think one of them might have caused it, or maybe...just maybe it was something else altogether or a number of things :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Thats all very interesting / depressing / whatever, but this thread was about marijuana.

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Oh come on now, are you saying that weed has directly effected this, i have done the research on this before and there is NO direct evidence linking weed to Scitzorania. It's just that a certain percentage of these people have used Marijuana in the past before they became ill after that alot of them used, coke, Heroin, LSD, MDMA etc do you not think one of them might have caused it, or maybe...just maybe it was something else altogether or a number of things :rolleyes:

Well, if the area's that grey, there's no point using any unneccessary drugs at all then - is there? Better to be safe than sorry - don't need them, don't take them.

An enthusiast wouldn't see any link, even if it was right in front of him. A person will carry on regardless, rather than listen to anyone, least of all some stranger on the net.

Dragan wrote: »
    I've read through the references for the article you linked to, clashed against Pubmed. No real links to show that using cannabis causes Schizophrenia, only that people being treated had used it in the past.

I know this is a bit of an ask but would you mind asking your wife if there are any decent resources for this type of study on the net? Preferrably control groups, double blinds etc?

Also, this is a legimate request as i do like to actually research this type of thing.

Cheers.

I'll see what I can do and PM you.

Gurgle wrote: »
    Thats all very interesting / depressing / whatever, but this thread was about marijuana.

You might have to move your eyeballs a bit further up. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭justcallmetex

I think people should take notice on what humanji has to say on addiction I mean Posts: 5,106 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

If you take any euphoric drug every day, you can't honestly expect not to have mental health problems.

Advertisement