Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE the WEED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Chillax dude. :)

Ive had friends harrased recently for being caught the first time with a bit of dope, ringing them to try and get them to "rat", waiting in a particular place to search them etc.. I thought it was bad that they can bring you to court for a bit of dope, but doing that **** is low.

Dealers who sell hash or weed usually sell other drugs such as cocaine, heroin etc Guards are only doing their job

I had a bad enough opinion without hearing about that ****e recently. All credibility has been stripped. They do **** all, they do **** all to protect citizens from assault on a night out by giving laughable sentences to multiple offending scummy bastards that deserve to rot. But they'd lift ya and rob you of about ten joints worth and summons you for harming no one.

See this is where is your post doesn't make any sense. The guards don't have mind reading capabilities so they cannot know where these assaults are going to happen.

PSST Its not the guards who give the sentence, that's the judges' job. Pass it on
    I for one would like to see the tables turned, the alcohol possession being illegal and the dope legal, try and convince us all then that your cause is just ya big drunk whorebag. Alcohol dependancy is far far greater than any possible phycological "dependancy" on a bit of smoke, and tbh, anyone who never smoked the stuff can stfu about its effects. You know **** all and your information is poor at best.

But nearly every aspect of my argument has been put forward here previously. Nothing has changed.

Can you not make a point without reverting to abusing or bully boy tactics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'll see what I can do and PM you.

Cheers mate, t'would be very much appreciated.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

TheNog wrote: »
    Dealers who sell hash or weed usually sell other drugs such as cocaine, heroin etc Guards are only doing their job

Thats nonsense my man.
    Most people who buy a bit of smoke bought it off a mate who also managed to get a bit of smoke and was kind enough to think of a friend's needs when picking it up.
    You think everyone who has a toke is hanging around with junkies and dealers to get their stash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Thats nonsense my man.
    Most people who buy a bit of smoke bought it off a mate who also managed to get a bit of smoke and was kind enough to think of a friend's needs when picking it up.
    You think everyone who has a toke is hanging around with junkies and dealers to get their stash?

But you could hardly call them dealers. They are just guys who know a guy.

Massive difference.

Every dealer i have had has been able to get a selection of items i may or may not have wanted. Some will keep low key and just sell smoke, but they still have access.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yeah got to say, haven't smoked in a few years, but the dealers we used to deal with could source pretty much anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Oh heres the skitzo arguement again, did you also know you are 10 times more likely to commit a violent crime under the influence of drink or 20 times more likely to light your house on fire while walking with a candle?

As much as I love a toke you have got to see both sides, sure amsterdam and Holland seem to have a fine attitude but the reality is they have such a soft attitude on drugs that it attracts all sorts around the RLD such as the guys selling coke etc and most of the industry is still run by dealers cause they just bought out alot of the coffee shops and run them legally but theres still alot of wheeling and dealing.

The way forward is to grant it to medical users first and regulate it, maybe make it legal to grow up to 4-5 plants for personal use the way it is in czech republic and spain.

Meh, I think Fianna Fail already have that one sorted. You just force the coffee shops or whatever way you want to implement it to have licenses and only give them to politically donation mates. I knew FF corruption had to be good for something :D
    Well, if the area's that grey, there's no point using any unneccessary drugs at all then - is there? Better to be safe than sorry - don't need them, don't take them.

Your right no more tea/coffee/cigarettes/alcohol/pain killers/chocolate etc... should be sold in the country. They could all have long term side effects.

Since we don't know which, we'll have to ban everything. Or we could stop being hypocrites and just legalise the ones that were made illegal but everyone is still just sourcing them through illegal means, at least within reason. Reason being something that is dangerous and easy to OD on, should not be legal.

Lets face it, most scientific studies I've seen that weren't sponsored by invested interest groups etc... seem to suggest that alcohol has much worse effects on people and yet that is still legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

Well, if the area's that grey, there's no point using any unneccessary drugs at all then - is there? Better to be safe than sorry - don't need them, don't take them.

An enthusiast wouldn't see any link, even if it was right in front of him. A person will carry on regardless, rather than listen to anyone, least of all some stranger on the net.

I have associates who are successful and have been smoking weed 30 yrs +

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Emm alcohol is more dangerous than cocaine in my opinion, and i don't touch the stuff. I don't see the reason not to legalize weed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Elem wrote: »
    Emm alcohol is more dangerous than cocaine in my opinion, and i don't touch the stuff. I don't see the reason not to legalize weed.

Allow me to clear that up for you (see attached)

I think the vast majority of young people in the country are in favour of legalising it.

It is just the old folks that believe all the propaganda that has been spewed over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

I was in court afew weeks back (work related) and no I do not work as a drug dealer:pac:

Young guy of 18 was up for €25 worth of dope. He was looking for a job as he had just finished a FAS course. Judge convicted him and give him a record. Felt it abit harsh as the conviction would probably do more harm then the drug. No J1 etc........ The message from the judge was Dont do drugs!

As for mates who by extra to sell to mates. Im afraid in the eyes of the law, they are dealers:confused:

The problem with drugs is some people can control there use and lead a normal life. Then some people use them to escape. I worked in pearse St clinic for awhile and seen the dark side of addiction up close. But the thing I noticed was they were generally nice people once they had there drugs. Wouldnt go inviting them to my wedding but you know what I mean.

Both sides of the war on drugs have become to intrenched. There have always been drugs of abuse, depending on price and availablity. If you even watch some of the shows that send a man to live with amazon tribes, they have found plants that contain DMT etc they have been taking them for generations. The difference is they respect the power of the drug and train the kids growing up to respect the power of the drugs. They are not treated as a weekend, get high, thing. But are used in rituals and have meaning to the tribe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

Just to set the record straight.. weed is NOT physically addictive.
    And if any 'normal' person has a little bit of will power they will give it up easily. For the past year I have been smoking it a few times a week. For the past 2 months I have had to give it up as I have been living in France and its not that easy to get when you dont know anyone. I have had absolutly no trouble whatsoever giving it up.

I think a very important fact that people need to look at is that The Netherlands have the lowest amount of drug related deaths in Europe. Doesnt that say something about their policy? Maybe the coffeeshop thing wouldnt work in Ireland, but we should be able to buy it without fear of being arrested. Or grow it for personal use.

It needs to be seperated from hard drugs because if someone is known to smoke cannibis, they are instantly branded a waster and a druggie. Its really not fair to do that to people. If it was legalised then peoples attitudes would change and people previously ignorant about the drug would realise its not so bad after all. Isnt anybody that uses something to change how they feel a 'druggie' anyway? Be it coffee, chocolate, paracetamol, cigarettes of alcohol.

I dont like smoking it sometimes, as I know that it could have fiberglass in it(happened to me before, not nice) and then soapbar is horrible. If it was regulated it would be safer. So many people try and are regular smokers of cannibis, why make criminals out of half the country? The government are turning a blind eye to it.

Opposition, why exactly should it remain illegal, because I havent heard a single good arguement against it so far. Would you be in favour of making cigarettes and alcohol illegal? And if not, why so? I hate cigarettes, but as long as someone doesnt be inconsiderate about it and blow their smoke in my face I dont have a problem.
    I just dont believe in punishing vicimless crimes full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

People should know the difference between use and abuse.

But again I've met people who think it's fine to drink until you can't get served anymore drink in a place and think you are a heroin dealer if you like to smoke a joint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

no offence OP but three things I get from reading your posts:

1. You're under 20
    2. You recently got your hands on about €10 worth of grass and had your first J with your mates
    3. You listen to a lot of rap music.

like I say, no offence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Toiletroll wrote: »
    In my opinion, we (Irish) really need to look at legalising the weed to some extent.

We waste millions upon millions on a war that will never be won when we could be raking it in from the taxes on selling weed and freeing up the garda to deal with real criminals.

It suits us anyway! ireland is GREEN :)

Even Canada & USA are seeing the light... Come on Government, 8C on fuel which will make everything else go up in price? Clever clever, oh so clever... Why not legalise weed and REDUCE the price of fuel...

http://gizmodo.com/348628/marijuana-vending-machines-opening-for-business-in-la

What war are we involved in? Ireland is a neutral country that is not engaged in a state of war with any other nation. Your name sums it up perfectly toiletroll.

What war are we involved in? Ireland is a neutral country that is not engaged in a state of war with any other nation. Your name sums it up perfectly toiletroll.

You figured out the pun in my name, good for you. You must have been dying to tell everyone. Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Personally I'd rather we had less drugged people on our streets, so I'm in support of stricter drug controls.
    Why would looser drug controls create more drugged up people on our streets? Take a look out the window this bank holiday, anybody with an inclination to get 'drugged up' will find a way, at the local pub or elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Hi Pridefighter. I see your into histroy. Have you ever read the history of drug control in the US? The US coined the phrase "war on drugs" and believe it or not alot of US companies will not set up there companies factories or offices unless that country is seen as AOK on the fight against drugs US style.

Fighting drugs is a multi million dallor industry. Provides the army with jobs after the cold war. Makes it OK to invade other countries to stop the flow of drugs. Im not saying drugs are OK but the whole problem has been used to make laws that effect everyone. Cash can be seized if your leaving the country, Property seized and names ruined. Just by saying you have something to do with drugs. Just look at what happened in donegal:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

It's always a pleasure to see brand new debates on Boards.

I dont remember anybody mentioning legalising soft drugs before.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

As a smoker what bothers me is the hypocrisy. We, as a nation, will get pissed out of our heads with little or no provocation, be it a funeral, a christening, a football match, the opening of a feckin envelope for christs sake. We'll be there, tanked up and loving it. A&E wards brim full every weekend from the boozed up casualties and yet we see fit to moralise and look down on someone enjoying a spliff. Even the coke snorting celtic tiger cubs look down on weed as some sort of mad 'druggie/waster' way of living. Free the weed, equality for all:D

boycey wrote: »
    As a smoker what bothers me is the hypocrisy. We, as a nation, will get pissed out of our heads with little or no provocation, be it a funeral, a christening, a football match, the opening of a feckin envelope for christs sake. We'll be there, tanked up and loving it. A&E wards brim full every weekend from the boozed up casualties and yet we see fit to moralise and look down on someone enjoying a spliff. Even the coke snorting celtic tiger cubs look down on weed as some sort of mad 'druggie/waster' way of living. Free the weed, equality for all:D

Lovely :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Are you a student Toiletroll?

Check out the history of marijuana. This documentary shows how easily people can be fooled into believing anything. narrated by Woody Harilson.

Its amusing yet shocking at the same time.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7417904870843277177&ei=RPr8SPCXBZKu2wKftrTvDg&q=marijuana+woody

(To mordeth: I figure you didnt want a new topic and considering this is supposed to be a free country I feel its relevant to the topic so hopefully I can post it here ;))

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Peared wrote: »
    Are you a student Toiletroll?

Student toiletroll?
    You mean like an arts degree right?:pac:

I am not a student :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Have you ever been to Nimbin in Australia? Look it up. Thats what we'd be like if it was legalised. Its full of people who are absolutely wasting away from smoking it.

And, on top of this, they all go around with t-shirts saying stuff like "weedboy" and "Dont drink & drive, smoke weed and fly"! The t-shirts are so unfashionable! Do you want Ireland to become the laughing stock of european fashion?!?!?!?!?!?!

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Have you ever been to Nimbin in Australia? Look it up. Thats what we'd be like if it was legalised. Its full of people who are absolutely wasting away from smoking it.

And, on top of this, they all go around with t-shirts saying stuff like "weedboy" and "Dont drink & drive, smoke weed and fly"! The t-shirts are so unfashionable! Do you want Ireland to become the laughing stock of european fashion?!?!?!?!?!?!

Are we not already the masters of this?

Btw check this one :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57641400&postcount=113

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Listen - I'm 30. I went through the whole drug thing when I was a teenager - from solvents to cocaine. I stopped doing drugs in my early 20's and decided to make a go of things. My friends who continued using drugs are now very unsuccessful adults. I on the other hand am doing ok for myself.
    And truthfully, any major regrets?
    And btw, the tourism you mentioned above is a BAD thing. Holland doesn't like it.
    Not exactly, the coalition who happen to be in power, which consists of a majority of members of conservative, Christian parties, don't like it. They also don't like prostitution or euthanasia. After 32 years, I don't think that you can say that the policy has been a bad thing and that the Dutch don't like it just because a conservative government happens to be in power.
    There is chemical addiction and psycological addiction.
    *Physical and psychological.
    Toiletroll wrote: »
    weed opens your mind!
    The only way to combat drug use is to put users in prison.
    The above two quotes are bollocks.
    Irishcrx wrote: »
    Well I don't know about that I've seen people have serious after effects of taking MDMA for months afterwards, so I wouldn't consider that safe.
    What about all those people who've seen the serious after effects of Marajuana in people for months afterwards?

Anecdotal evidence and double standards are funny.

This topic has been done to death, I only have two major things I'd to contribute:
    -Weed is a really boring drug IMO.
    -Topics like these reveal that the majority of people know absolutely fúck all about drugs or any medical facts to do with them, in fact all anyone seems to know about them is either anecdotal and therefore very probably incorrect, or based on tabloid headlines or government/anti drugs organisations propaganda.

If you come on here, and your opinion is "sure I saw/heard of someone getting messed up on weed, it must be terrible and should be illegal!" or "sure I smoke weed every day and it does me no harm, it must be grand and should be legal!", then fúck off and don't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I have never understood the logic behind talking about the damaging effects of alcohol to justify the legalization of weed. Surly if you find it so offensive you should be calling for alcohol to be criminalized not the legalization of something else.

JC 2K3 wrote: »

The above two quotes are bollocks.

In your opinion

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote: »

If you come on here, and your opinion is "sure I saw/heard of someone getting messed up on weed, it must be terrible and should be illegal!" or "sure I smoke weed every day and it does me no harm, it must be grand and should be legal!", then fúck off and don't post.

Its a free country and now I dont feel too bad telling you to fúck off

And what are you doing differently? You sound more full of shiit than anyone else. Good day

Advertisement