Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE the WEED

Options

Comments

na keep weed illegal.. its a stupid pointless drug. turns people into lazy people.

and this is comin from a bit of a pillhead.. at least i cant do it every nite watchin movies so it's not so bad.. and keep them illegal aswell. obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Toiletroll wrote: »
    Considering the NWO is no longer a conspiracy ? :)

... And no, I am not paranoid. In fact I have not smoked in quite a while!

Its OK to give kids Ritalin and Prozac and fill them full of high sodium floride doses... They can also get ciggis & alcohol

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/health-news/children-to-get-fluoride-in-school-milk-702791.html

Its apparently "safe" at levels such as 0.1 parts per million. They want to put it to 0.4 parts per million and also increase the levels that are already in the water in that area.. FOR THE MOST DEPRIVED areas...
    Dude, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall are just wrestlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

na keep weed illegal.. its a stupid pointless drug. turns people into lazy people.

and this is comin from a bit of a pillhead.. at least i cant do it every nite watchin movies so it's not so bad.. and keep them illegal aswell. obviously.

Stupid pointless HARMLESS drug in comparison to the legal ones. Especially if you eat or vaporise it rather than smoke it...

Terry wrote: »
    Dude, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall are just wrestlers.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/localnews?articleid=4588538

A more recent one...

Why do you refer to the wrestlers?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/localnews?articleid=4588538

A more recent one...

Why do you refer to the wrestlers?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(professional_wrestling)

Do you brush your teeth?

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »

Yes - Non flouride / twice for sure and maybe 3 times depending... :) (Though for meetings I have bought colgate :( in case of the old coffee breath and no alternatives)

EDIT - Get back OT :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Yes - Non flouride / twice for sure and maybe 3 times depending... :) (Though for meetings I have bought colgate :( in case of the old weed breath and no alternatives)

EDIT - Get back OT :P

fyp, you crazy stoner :pac:!

Do not underestimate the power of ritalin, the oft used term "cocaine for kids" accurately sums up the experience!

I would never let any kid i know anywhere near this stuff.

That being said, it is safer than weed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

faceman wrote: »
    "...and what better and innovative new way to start my campaign to legalise drugs which fuel criminal and terrorist activity around the world, by putting a post up on After Hours on boards."
    They fund gangs BECAUSE they are illegal.
    Even Canada & USA are seeing the light... Come on Government, 8C on fuel which will make everything else go up in price? Clever clever, oh so clever... Why not legalise weed and REDUCE the price of fuel...
    Fuel prices should not be reduced. The burning of petrol should not be encouraged.

Besides how many millions are actually "wasted" in the "war on weed" in Ireland? Has any stoner ever bothered to do the sums?

Stupid pointless HARMLESS drug in comparison to the legal ones. Especially if you eat or vaporise it rather than smoke it...

i duno, i went through my faze of it when i was younger.. i think the reason i think its pointless is how much better/stronger some drugs are. and cheaper.

few of my friends jus turned into the cliche waster cause of dope.. i know their health is grand but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

few of my friends jus turned into the cliche waster cause of dope
    Or maybe your waster friends started smoking dope and that made no difference....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Húrin wrote: »
    Besides how many millions are actually "wasted" in the "war on weed" in Ireland? Has any stoner ever bothered to do the sums?

It is very hard to tell how much of the Government, Law Enforcement and Customs Budget goes on the war on drugs and it is even harded to tie the numbers into any specific drug type as most criminal gangs will have broader interests than just the one drug, or even just drugs.

Gurgle wrote: »
    Or maybe your waster friends started smoking dope and that made no difference....

what a strange comment.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

yeah and it affects your wotsit memory too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

affects your short term thingy too..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Have only smoked twice since end of August, Once in Dublin, other when my mate from dublin brought some here.

If it were in the shops I'm fairly sure I'd be smoking it now.

that's just me thoguh. If logic/reasoning were to be used, it probably should be taxed/legal.

I honestly think pills are far less harmful, why aren't there huge regular threads calling for MDMA to be legalised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I honestly think pills are far less harmful, why aren't there huge regular threads calling for MDMA to be legalised?
    I'm of the same opinion. And it's all about the stigma. I mean, come on, when have attitudes to drugs revolved around common sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

GIMME SOME OF THAT STICKY ICKY...if it was legal id be binned 24/7 so maybe its best that its illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

WEED the FREE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

AARRRGH wrote: »
    It will never be legalised as too many people (i.e. Gardai, Customs Officers) would lose their job. The drug industry is an industry for everyone - from dealer to Garda.

Personally I'd rather we had less drugged people on our streets, so I'm in support of stricter drug controls.

They still have arse loads of junkies to catch, and from what I can see, the gardai need one of two things, less to look after or more staff. Free the weed and let the gov make a fortune out of it.

There are no links to mary jane and DEATH... oooh!!! yet all the other drugs, including alcohol, have severely ****ed some people, as in killed them.

Mary jane has been linked to schytzophrenia (or however the hell you spell it)

I have no problem with people smoking weed, why not regulate it like they do in the dam?

Oh I hear it's legalised in Matha.... (fcuk it, somewhere in america begining with an M and ending with an S...)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

What kind of retardation is needed to believe that marajuana needs to be cultivated and distributed by terrorists?

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    What kind of retardation is needed to believe that marajuana needs to be cultivated and distributed by terrorists?

huh?

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I'm of the same opinion. And it's all about the stigma. I mean, come on, when have attitudes to drugs revolved around common sense?

that is an opinion and it isn't worth **** because, even though it is your opinion, it is wrong. Pills kill...

The crap they put in it. It has more adverse affects than mary jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Legalising it is all good in theory, but in practice, ya get places like Nimbin in Australia that would put ya off the stuff, if ya seen the people there!

that is an opinion and it isn't worth **** because, even though it is your opinion, it is wrong. Pills kill...

The crap they put in it. It has more adverse affects than mary jane.

Pills have a pretty low mortality rate. Regulation would lower that still. Pure MDMA has an extremely low mortality rate.

Well you state that it has a mortality rate. How can you expect to fight that one?

I seen a few of my mates on that "pure MDMA" crap... I didn't stay that long...

You cannot compare weed to any other drug out there. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Yawn. Everyone knows this.

But what are we going to do - close down the breweries? Never going to happen, so you can forget about it.

No ****. But I would rather a few scumbag criminals making some money and killing each other than a country full of stoners.

AARRRGH I completely understand your stance on this a country full of stoners is not exactly an ideal setting.
    However people like yourself who believe it is wrong or just do not have any interest in smoking weed will remain the same way they always have.
    The only thing that legalising weed will achieve is taking money from the scumbag drug dealers and giving it to the government in this time of recession which means that the government may be able to increase spending a bit more because they have a new income that has been untapped since it was made illegal. Now I understand your apprehensiveness to it being legalised but do you not think that the country would be better off with it being legalised and the Gardai spending less time on busting lowly weed dealers and could concentrate their time on more harmful drugs like (Heroin,Cocaine,Ectasy and all other types of drugs) that can kill with one doseage. Also your arguement about customs personnel and gardai losing their jobs is futile because they would not lose their jobs as it is not only weed that is sent into Ireland as many drug importers send all types of drugs in different forms to fool customs.

Haha, the country is already full of stoners... or ex stoners :)

You haven't lived until the day your bloody manager asks you if you have any weed... haha :)

I know I'm gonna get mocked for this one but this whole 'stoners' stereotype appears in every thread about marajuana. I really wonder how well I'd be recieved if I posted in every thread regarding alcohol calling everyone who partakes a lout and a drain on the economy, fecking rummy's destroying public property and generally acting the unfunny spastics. I pity how they need to get blitzed drunk in order to find something in a similar state to copulate with.
    Hell howabout every thread that touches on antidepressants saying how I pity these freaks for needing drugs to not take the blade to themselves.

OK, maybe the second one is a different situation sure but I don't think anyone can make any judgement on me or anyone else that they don't know here based on the recreational activities they partake in. You may know some people who get stoned, these people may be a bit dull and silly, you don't however know everyone who smokes weed. Some of us are intelligent and witty and still able to live their lives successfully.

Now this is a silly thread, one of many we've had on boards. But it's another example of why a private drug forum could be of great use on boards. To cut out the utter drivel spouted from these 'think they're right about everything' eejits so vehemently anti-drugs that they post the same regurgitated posts that are not backed up with any facts whatsoever.

Well you state that it has a mortality rate. How can you expect to fight that one?

I seen a few of my mates on that "pure MDMA" crap... I didn't stay that long...

Yes, actually a friend of mine died whilst taking it. I won't let that blur my judgement though. You seen a few of your mates on that "pure MDMA" crap and didn't stay that long? Well Jesus H Christ, here's your degree on toxicology.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    I know I'm gonna get mocked for this one but this whole 'stoners' stereotype appears in every thread about marajuana. I really wonder how well I'd be recieved if I posted in every thread regarding alcohol calling everyone who partakes a lout and a drain on the economy, fecking rummy's destroying public property and generally acting the unfunny spastics. I pity how they need to get blitzed drunk in order to find something in a similar state to copulate with.
    Hell howabout every thread that touches on antidepressants saying how I pity these freaks for needing drugs to not take the blade to themselves.

OK, maybe the second one is a different situation sure but I don't think anyone can make any judgement on me or anyone else that they don't know here based on the recreational activities they partake in. You may know some people who get stoned, these people may be a bit dull and silly, you don't however know everyone who smokes weed. Some of us are intelligent and witty and still able to live their lives successfully.

Now this is a silly thread, one of many we've had on boards. But it's another example of why a private drug forum could be of great use on boards. To cut out the utter drivel spouted from these 'think they're right about everything' eejits so vehemently anti-drugs that they post the same regurgitated posts that are not backed up with any facts whatsoever.

Yup alchos are worse in my opinion... I do know a few people who smoke the odd smoke and then go to work in a suit and tie. They won't go on a binge smoking lots and lots and that, but they do smoke from time to time.

I do know one or two that are completely retarded when they smoke, but they are halfway there prior to lighting up... I don't know much about the evidence or facts, but I can definately see it in my mates, that when they are stoned they are bloody thick as ditch water... Not stoned? Well they are in some pretty tough courses, jobs, lives etc... It can make you lazy, but same way that too much drink will make you hung over...

Advertisement