Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Charges on O2 Mobiles

• 20-10-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Just a quick question . I have an Eircson 800i with O2 pay monthly. I only ever use it for sms n calls but still i get Data Usage chages on my bill .

bill.JPG

Do sms and mms come under data charges .

I seem to have got charged 0.85 for 116.0 kb and so on .

What am i doing to get these charges ?

Has anyone had the same problem

Regards

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Do you ever accidentally hit the internet/wap on your phone? But it would seem like a lot of accidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Use email? Bought a game or sth like that? Any apps that connects to the web to check for updates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

yeah just checked emails and some of them match . But nothing is matching the big ones of 27th .

I have switched off 3G on my phone i wonder if that might help things .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Check RSS Reader (under messaging usually) and make sure it's not set to auto update. It's on by default!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ozeire wrote: »

I have switched off 3G on my phone i wonder if that might help things

No the opposite, you'll be paying the same for 2G as 3G but things could take up to 10 times longer......i'm afraid your going to have to jump on the 3G bandwagon...like it or not....

how much are you paying in data a month as you are?

• Advertisement
Advertisement