Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon - Running very rough

Options
  • 20-10-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Driving into work this morning and the car started running very rough, very low on power as well. Engine pollution light started flashing on in the dash. Its a 2002 1.8 seat leon. any ideas here??? :confused:
    Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Probably the coil pack, or the MAF. Disconnect the MAF and see how it runs. If there is still an issue I would imagine its the coil pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

VAG cars suffer from all sorts of oxygen senor issues. Mass Airflow (MAF), throttle body, lamba sensors all come to mind as possible issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

+1 on the coil pack. Most likely cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭jonathan11

Cheers guys, if its a coil pack will it do any harm to the car driving it a couple of miles to the garage? How much for a coil pack? Is it worth getting all the coil packs replaced in one go, even the working ones?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Once you get the power up she'll run fine, I had the same problem with my Leon, seems to be a common problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement