Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ or partnership wanted for a quality eclectic vinyl set. 5 hrs

• 20-10-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im big into my tunes and have DJd my self and played in bands over the years so Im real picky as to what I listen to.
    I was the guy always providing the tunes at all the parties over the years for me and my mates but alas an event has arisen that I cannot play....my wedding.

Im way out of touch with any other DJs as I now live in Australia but the wedding would be in Ireland, Wicklow.
    The absolute last thing I want is the bog standard wedding krud with jive bunny master mix, Abba medley and a bunch of cheesy standards you can almost call the next tune thatll be played.

Or worse still the scourge of the last few weddings I was at.....
    The i Pod on Shuffle.....Hellllll .....:mad:
    DJ will never die !

I would pay a good fee for a quality set and it must be vinyl with CD extras if desired, im traditional in that way.:pac:

Id like to hear Madchester to Madonna and James Brown to the Stones.
    I used to love the bar DJ sets in Bar 4, the POD and fibbers in mid 90s over the years for the ecletisism and quality mixing of good tunes, sometimes :rolleyes:.Aparticular thing I like is sucking the dance floor in with well known, riffs, licks, remixes and samples and then "conning" them into staying out for tunes they would never normally dance too a little later in the night.

Drop me a line if your interested and preferably with some online my space or the like to suss it out.

There is likley to be an after party too. Crowd will all be pretty similar interest and early 30s late 20s.....

cheers
    DM

Advertisement