Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fable 2

• 20-10-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

fable 2 is out this friday, so who is going to buy it? what do you think is going to be one of the best parts about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping the co-op gameplay is as good as they claim. To be honest, I've not read a lot about the game, so there's no chance of me being disappointed with it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

the Co-op sounds great so i hope they dont mess it up. i havent read a lot on it as well but what i have heard about sounds really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Actually get to play this tonight.. thanks to my.. connections :rolleyes:

I've been watching it the last few weeks and am tempted to buy it! So ill have a go tonight and if I like it ill buy it. If not I guess I wont.. I'm all for the co-op as well but that wont be shipped with the actual game.. We have to wait longer for that.

Ill let you know what its all like or do you want to wait?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ive had this since last week, havent had a proper go of it just yet, seems awesome the half hr or so I played on Thursday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Looking forward to this, four "must buy" games out this week! agghhhh!
    humanji wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping the co-op gameplay is as good as they claim. To be honest, I've not read a lot about the game, so there's no chance of me being disappointed with it. :D

The co-op isn't going to be on the disc now, it's gonna be dlc after a while for some reason (teething trouble?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Getting it too, have it pre-ordered from Play, probably wont be here for friday...

Looking forward to the co-op too...and the guns...and destroying a whole town for that evil achievement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

May get this depending on reviews. I'm wary that the combat with not be engaging enough. It sounds a little shallow from what I've read.

Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

grizzly wrote: »
    May get this depending on reviews. I'm wary that the combat with not be engaging enough. It sounds a little shallow from what I've read.

Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong.

Well it did just get full marks from Eurogamer and that's (usually) a good sign.

should be able to get a go of it tomorrow. it better not be another game that was said to do this, that and the other but ends up not doing a thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I've never played Fable before so I don't know what to expect but from what i've seen, it looks good. The Co-Op is one of the reasons i'm buying it so hoping it's good. :)

• Advertisement

the idea of being able to drop into you friends game and kill his family and his friend and just drop out again sounds like so much fun

trig740 wrote: »
    the idea of being able to drop into you friends game and kill his family and his friend and just drop out again sounds like so much fun

omg :eek: im so doing that to my friends family! Hes getting it friday and will play more than me cause ive too many games to play.. my 1st day playing will go like this..

Hey dean show me your family.. ok... wtf are you doing!?!?! NOOOOO :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i never played the original but this seems to be getting rave reviews, might pick it up on Friday.

dazftw wrote: »
    omg :eek: im so doing that to my friends family! Hes getting it friday and will play more than me cause ive too many games to play.. my 1st day playing will go like this..

Hey dean show me your family.. ok... wtf are you doing!?!?! NOOOOO :D

the only bad thing is the online co op will not be shipped with the game, it will have to be downloaded later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The co-op isn't going to be on the disc now, it's gonna be dlc after a while for some reason (teething trouble?)

This won't be on the disc, but will be available as a Title Update on the day of release - so basically if you're connecting to live on release day, it will patch itself to add the online co-op.

Source: Kotaku

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

id never played the first game, but f2 is brilliant. my only problem is that i dont have enough time to get really stuck in

are you free to do anything like they said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Guys ... is this game supposed to any good in single player ?

Anyone know if the US version is region free ?

brianon wrote: »
    Guys ... is this game supposed to any good in single player ?

Anyone know if the US version is region free ?

It is..

are you free to do anything like they said?

definie "anything"?

you can only do waht the game allows you to at the end of the day, so you can do anything within the actual rules, but you cant do whatever you want, no, thatd be pretty much impossible

• Advertisement

ok....can you have a family? can you kill people that are important to the story? can you go around knockin up ever female in the game? that type of "anything"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/921/921516p1.html

IGN.com review for the 360...looks good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This won't be on the disc, but will be available as a Title Update on the day of release - so basically if you're connecting to live on release day, it will patch itself to add the online co-op.

Source: Kotaku

Just saw that on Eurogamer myself!

Good news!

ok....can you have a family? can you kill people that are important to the story? can you go around knockin up ever female in the game? that type of "anything"

you can have the family yes
    not sure about killing important characters, you cant kill any of the non playable characters i tried to kill anyway
    i assume you can go around sewing your wild seeds too, its easy to make the women want a bit of love, but ive not actually bothered figuring out the marriage/affair angle of it so far

you can also buy property and rent it out to make money
    completely ignore the quests and go exploring
    take jobs to make money

and lots more

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Had absolutely no interest in getting this until this evening. Had the first one and thought it was good but I was never really too bothered about getting this because there are so many great games coming out and I just don't have the time to play that much anymore. I hadn't read anything about it at all until I read the review on Eurogamer and it sounds brilliant.

What a week. Far Cry 2, Dead Space, Fable 2. I haven't even got to play Fifa or Saints Row 2 yet.

Think I'll have to trade in my Wii! I knew it had a use!:p

Had absolutely no interest in getting this until this evening. Had the first one and thought it was good but I was never really too bothered about getting this because there are so many great games coming out and I just don't have the time to play that much anymore. I hadn't read anything about it at all until I read the review on Eurogamer and it sounds brilliant.

What a week. Far Cry 2, Dead Space, Fable 2. I haven't even got to play Fifa or Saints Row 2 yet.

Think I'll have to trade in my Wii! I knew it had a use!:p
    i know what you mean there are loads out this week and next week fallout3 is out as well so many games so little time.

Had absolutely no interest in getting this until this evening.

what happened this evening? Did you meet Peter Molyneux? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Stupid games companies and cramming all these great releases in there.

Fable 2
    Fallout 3
    Saints Row 2
    Dead Space

Oh, and the little thing of my first child due next week. So much for free time!

chrislad wrote: »

Fable 2
    Fallout 3
    Saints Row 2
    Dead Space

Oh, and the little thing of my first child due next week. So much for free time!
    congratulations and here was me thinking i had busy days ahead
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »

Fable 2
    Fallout 3
    Saints Row 2
    Dead Space

in fairness, you should have been checking the October release schedule before your release back in February....

Advertisement