Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fable 2

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

quarryman wrote: »
    what happened this evening? Did you meet Peter Molyneux? :)

He dropped by for a cup of tea and an early playtest.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

i wonder how he likes his tea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

game is gooooooooooooooooood :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

in fairness, you should have been checking the October release schedule before your release back in February....
    Nice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

chrislad wrote: »
    Stupid games companies and cramming all these great releases in there.

Fable 2
    Fallout 3
    Saints Row 2
    Dead Space

Oh, and the little thing of my first child due next week. So much for free time!

Give the baby a pad, start 'em young!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Was thinking of importing this as its region free and the asian version is dirt cheap. When it says English is available does that mean its the full english version or just subtitles or something? Unlike most RPG's Fable would only work with regional English accents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

grizzly wrote: »
    Give the baby a pad, start 'em young!

He'll be handy for the co-op achievements as the fiance doesn't have the foggiest! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

If your not a massive RPG man would you still enjoy this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

mika27 wrote: »

I played Fable and cant remember it being very RPG at all.

chrislad wrote: »
    He'll be handy for the co-op achievements as the fiance doesn't have the foggiest! :)

Congrats

Imagine your kid was like Jack Thompson or something and hated games. Nightmare :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I have it and its one of the best 360 games out. Really cool graphics and story telling. The pet dog is cool too, helps you out loads. Co op is a bit odd. The second player can only really follow player 1 about and can't open chests etc. Handy for fighting. Magic looks really cool to and theres lots off it. Its going to get 9 out of 10 at least when it comes to reviews.

ROC1977 wrote: »
    I have it and its one of the best 360 games out. Really cool graphics and story telling. The pet dog is cool too, helps you out loads. Co op is a bit odd. The second player can only really follow player 1 about and can't open chests etc. Handy for fighting. Magic looks really cool to and theres lots off it. Its going to get 9 out of 10 at least when it comes to reviews.

2 things I remember from fable were that it was very linear and the rpg element seemed secondary, i thought it was much more am action adventure than a true RPG. Is this the same?

Ya thats a good point. There is a lot of combat in it. But not to linear, I mean you'll have to travel to one town to find a person to get a map, and then head to another town to find something else before you can enter the cave. Sort of thing. None of above is written to spoil anything for anyone. In case you wondering why theres a lack of details. But its linear in the way that its hard to get lost or not know what to do next. As there is a trial of sort of stardust leading the way all the time. It reminds me alot of Zelda games more than your final fantasy games. I played co op with my seven year old and shes even got her own single play game going where she's got quite far. But I'd call myself an advanced gamer and not that its easy but I don't think you'll ever really find yourself stuck wondering what to do in a hurry. Even the mini games where you have to get jobs for cash are fun to keep you amused while trying to make enough gold to get a new gun or axe etc. More I talk about it the more I wish I wasn't at work on nights so can play it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

absolutely

yeah, I'm not the biggest RPG fan. Like final fantasy to me is the biggest pile of over hyped rubbish I've ever played.
    Lots of real time fighting and action in this game. Fallout 3 is more RPG than Fable 2 if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

ROC1977 wrote: »
    yeah, I'm not the biggest RPG fan. Like final fantasy to me is the biggest pile of over hyped rubbish I've ever played.
    Lots of real time fighting and action in this game. Fallout 3 is more RPG than Fable 2 if you ask me.

Thats good to hear, I might actually buy it then. I totally agree about Final Fantasy btw. Thats actually why I was asking about this game cos I remember when FF VII came out and everyone was saying it was the best game ever, went out and bought it and thought it was complete rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Has anyone heard of any consequences for cheating in the pub games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Leaving myself open to abuse but Genuine Question...How do you have s*x with your wife....in Fable 2 of course.

I just married some bird and it says she wants to have s*x but I don't have an option. - Tried bringing her upstairs, flirting, akijng off my robes (oooo Matron..)

Any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I remember when FF VII came out and everyone was saying it was the best game ever, went out and bought it and thought it was complete rubbish.

I'm of the same opinion, because I hate turn based combat mostly, it should be taken out and shot in the face. lots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Damn it, just ordered this for myself now, can see myself getting absolutely nothing done over the next few weeks/months (tis region free if you all didn't already know...)
    Can you choose different types of dog in this, or is there just the one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I just ordered this online so it better be good or you will all pay for recommending it!!!

just got my copy of the game from work today now i just have to spend half the day in college before i get to paly it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

trig740 wrote: »
    just got my copy of the game from work today now i just have to spend half the day in college before i get to paly it:D

Good, the rest of us have to wait until tomorrow :mad:

i know and i feel your pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Had a proper rip of this last night, well my mates kid did, I sat and watched him play a good hour or two of it!

I made his year (so he told me, kids, bless) by bringin my xbox up to him so he could play it, his was sent back to msoft, RROD, poor child has been waiting 2 and a half years to play it!!!!

Wouldnt mind he's due his copy from play this morning with no xbox to play it!

This game has oodles of charm as far as im concerned, lots of interesting ideas, safe sex and condoms being the one that made me break my ****e laughing, you can even get STDs in the game off the prostitutes!

Big plot twists everywhere, looking forward to playin this, and im not a huge RPG fan, infact, truth be told I aint played one since FFIX, which was dog**** imo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I'm of the same opinion, because I hate turn based combat mostly, it should be taken out and shot in the face. lots.

Completely agree, turn based combat turned me against RPG's since most of the ones I first played were turn based combat which sucks donkey balls.

I don't know why game designers think it is a good idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

brim4brim wrote: »
    Completely agree, turn based combat turned me against RPG's since most of the ones I first played were turn based combat which sucks donkey balls.

I don't know why game designers think it is a good idea.

I think theres still a place for it. It is a pretty unnatural mechanic, but in terms of strategy it allows far more scope for experimentation and planning than real time combat. I think a lot of RPGs have struggled to intergrate enjoyable real-time combat (Mass Effect probably comes closest, but still feels a bit off) while really refined turn based combat can be an engrossing and tactical affair. Something like Eternal Sonata is a good compromise between the two (although FFXII was a bit of a failure in that sense), and especially when they do away with random battles turn based RPGs are a fine genre. Maybe its just nostalgic, but I prefer the combat of Persona 3 or Dragon Quest to any of the real time combat RPGs.

As for Fable 2, these good reviews are really promising. I'm still leaning towards Far Cry 2 tomorrow, but I'm beginning to think Fable may be a good choice. Anyone played both yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Cannot wait to get this tomorrow. I'm even paying the extra fiver the the limited edition, just for the energy sword, out of place as it may look!

Well Far cry 2 takes about 25 hours to finish. And Fable a hell of a lot more. But I'd say far cry's multiplayer will be a lot better than Fables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Damn it anyway, wasn't planning on getting this but there seems to be a pretty big buzz about this.

Will be knocking off work at 8 this morning, straight to Gamestop for me :)

But hey who the hell thinks getting STD's is fun????
    just ask the shower that hang out in the personal issues forum

Advertisement