Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fable 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

On a side note, anyone know where to learn the laugh expression??

Not point and laugh, just the laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Apparently, you can get it by donating 10,000 gold to the Temple of Light. Or by becoming 50% Good, but that doesn't always work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr. K wrote: »
    Apparently, you can get it by donating 10,000 gold to the Temple of Light. Or by becoming 50% Good, but that doesn't always work.

Interesting...

I'm currently trying to figure out how to get the middle finger expression, or whatever it may be called?? Need it for something ;)

For the record, I love this game. Met Fieldog online Saturday and he described the world as 'charming' and I thought that was perfect. It's a charming game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Anyone know how to read more than one book or take more than one potion without having to go in and out of the inventory tab fully?
    It's a pain when taking more than one potion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

The little hub on the bottom left will let you take a few things at once but i dont know how to map things to it, maybe you cant i dno but it seems to be context sensitive at the moment. Im loving the story so far but im worried im racing through it.

Can some one put my mind at ease and tell me iv hours left
    Im in spire ,just after your given the choice to starve the prisoners and kill your guard buddy for the comendeer

I wont be getting the laugh expression
    I killed everyone in oakfield for the order of darkness !! Moohaaaha that was a great mission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Rain I did what you said in the spoiler and it seemed to finish the story line!!! EEK, but then the fookin thing crashed out and I lost that entire section of my save game. I'm not too bothered to do it again so it's refund time for me.

Fable 2 has been the single biggest disappointment on the console for me. They have shipped a broken product that has caused me endless frustrations.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I havent come across any of the bugs at all, I've really enjoyed the game thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

Anyone else order off play-asia?

Mine shipped last week and was expecting it to arrive today but alas it didn't. Wish I got it in game seeing as it's only 10 euro more and I've waited so long for this game... I'm also praying there won't be a nice lump of tax added onto it once I do eventually get it. Anyone who ordered off play-asia got theirs yet? I haven't ordered off play-asia in around a year but it used to always arrive on the 5th working day for me so I'm a little worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Rain I did what you said in the spoiler and it seemed to finish the story line!!! EEK, but then the fookin thing crashed out and I lost that entire section of my save game. I'm not too bothered to do it again so it's refund time for me.

Fable 2 has been the single biggest disappointment on the console for me. They have shipped a broken product that has caused me endless frustrations.

R

Are you on the net with your xbox?

Reason I ask is because the first time I turned this on there was an update available. Anyone know what that was for?

You're right though, if your copy is that bad you have every right to be pissed. I know I would be giving out stink. I have a very low tolerance for half arsed efforts and am quite vocal about it.

I am enjoying it thoroughly and hope it doesn't end too soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Vegeta wrote: »
    Are you on the net with your xbox?

Reason I ask is because the first time I turned this on there was an update available. Anyone know what that was for?

You're right though, if your copy is that bad you have every right to be pissed. I know I would be giving out stink. I have a very low tolerance for half arsed efforts and am quite vocal about it.

I am enjoying it thoroughly and hope it doesn't end too soon
    That was the patch for the co-op gameplay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Its mad that people are finding that many bugs ! Mine did chugg a bit going through menu's at the weekend after playing for about 4 hrs but besides that it hasent given me any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

TheDonMan wrote: »
    Anyone else order off play-asia?

Mine shipped last week and was expecting it to arrive today but alas it didn't. Wish I got it in game seeing as it's only 10 euro more and I've waited so long for this game... I'm also praying there won't be a nice lump of tax added onto it once I do eventually get it. Anyone who ordered off play-asia got theirs yet? I haven't ordered off play-asia in around a year but it used to always arrive on the 5th working day for me so I'm a little worried.

Wouldn't get too worried about it. I noticed a bit of a slow down in the last few months on delivery. It took over two weeks for me to get Ninja Gaide 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Initial patch also included some glitch fixes.

I received a delivery from Play-Asia last week, took about a week and a half, slower than in the past when they tended to take 7 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Played the original on the xbox and loved it, downloaded it on live a week back and played it again, completed it though in bout 4 days.Now not too sure if I'll bother getting this one.
    Is the world in 2 bigger and is the game much better than the 1st for any one thats played it?
    Getting Fallout 3 on fri when it comes out but from what I've read about this I still on the fence if its worth buying it or just renting it for a week.The thing I hated about the first one was the linear gameplay and when you're finished ...thats it, no more game play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Getting Fallout 3 on fri when it comes out but from what I've read about this I still on the fence if its worth buying it or just renting it for a week.The thing I hated about the first one was the linear gameplay and when you're finished ...thats it, no more game play.
    Might want to read the review on IGN UK for Fallout 3 so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

silvine wrote: »
    Might want to read the review on IGN UK for Fallout 3 so...

and what about the other reviews?
    Caoimhín wrote: »
    Hey lads.

In the first hour or so, in the first quest, the creepy lady tells you to go into the chamber where you receive your first magic powers ability.

There is a chest in it and to open it it asks you to go to the website http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/splash/f/fable2/default.htm

Now its just the xbox website with a bit about fable2. Is there anything to this or is it just a shameless try to get you yo go to the xbox site?

There is a story to complete on the website and it unlocks it I do believe. I finished the story and it told me the chest would contain a chicken suit but I was already playing the actual game when I did it so Ill have to go back and check again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Just picked it up this evening in Xtravision for €49.99 enjoying it a lot so far, more so then any other rpg I've played. My local xrta vision are also selling Midnight club for €44.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Got the game on saturday, played it for most of sunday. Great game, really enjoyed it until I threw it on yesterday and it wouldn't load up past the Microsoft/Lionshead logos, just gives me a blank screen..

Downloaded update - no luck
    Cleaned Disc - no luck
    Cleared HD cache - no luck

im fairly sickened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Try disconnecting from Live. I noticed my game booted up faster when not connected to Live.

Ok folks, I'm after reading most of the reviews, the game seems like a winner, so I think I'll get it. One question: How does it compare to Oblivion? RPG-wise, size of game world, non-linearity, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's nothing like Oblivion, at all. It's not 100% non linear, but at the end of the day, you have to do story tasks in a certain order. The leveling up is similar enough, from the point of view that you get more experience for how you play (ie use magic more, you'll get more magic orbs). Combat is similar enough but in 3rd person (and yes, I know you can use 3rd person in Oblivion, but who actually did). The size of the world will be nothing compared to Oblivion. Most travelling between towns is done via losing time, not travelling across a world being attacked by random wolves and bandits.

Don't go in expecting Oblivion, but do go in expecting a great game, though if you want Oblivion, Fallout 3 is only 2 days away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

exiot wrote: »
    Got the game on saturday, played it for most of sunday. Great game, really enjoyed it until I threw it on yesterday and it wouldn't load up past the Microsoft/Lionshead logos, just gives me a blank screen..

Downloaded update - no luck
    Cleaned Disc - no luck
    Cleared HD cache - no luck

im fairly sickened
    `

Do any other games do this?, just check that its not your xbox. If its the game, you are well within your rights to bring it back to where yo ought it for a refund/change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

@exiot - just on the blank screen - Last night when it loaded I got a white blank screen that lasted about 2 minutes. Went away after that and everything worked ok. My blank screen is related to XBL, as I had a blade open and it was frozen also. In using NTL and it has been real dodgy on XBL for the last 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

voxpop wrote: »
    @exiot - just on the blank screen - Last night when it loaded I got a white blank screen that lasted about 2 minutes. Went away after that and everything worked ok. My blank screen is related to XBL, as I had a blade open and it was frozen also. In using NTL and it has been real dodgy on XBL for the last 2 weeks

Ye we have ntl too and its been the same for us. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Yeah Ive disconnected the ethernet cable, still no luck. No all my other games work fine. Ive been doing some digging over at the lionhead forums and I'm not the only one this has happened to.
    People have brought back multiple discs and are still getting freezing problems, have to wait for a patch I suppose..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Has anybody had any issues with their disc from VG+?
    Mine makes a horrible whirring/grinding noise when it's spinning at full speed, but every other game I play is absolutely fine... Had a look at the disc and it looks perfect.

It still plays grand, but I'm just a bit wary about damaging my 360... Might send it back and just buy a copy from town instead (getting pretty damn hooked on it:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

voxpop wrote: »
    Korvanica wrote: »
    Ye we have ntl too and its been the same for us. :(

Ah I thought I was the only one, was convinced it was something to do with the throttling they seem to be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CKY

great game!very entertaining and has a good humour to it
    the end wasnt spectacular tho

didnt like how the magic changes your look as blue vains start showing out,after awhile you look well messed up from magic...

all in all a great entertaining game..only advise id give is dont rush the story line...go around and explore and do all side activities to see what game has to really offer before you complete it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

CKY wrote: »
    didnt like how the magic changes your look as blue vains start showing out,after awhile you look well messed up from magic...

Are you sure that's magic, not renown that does it?
    Don't really like the casting system myself so I've stuck with melee and ranged attacks and barely used spells, but blue veins are still showing on my character. I'm guessing this is because I've been a total goody two shoes so far, if you do evil deeds your appearance supposedly changes to reflect that as well.

Pretty cool game so far, just started buying loads of property last night, so I'm looking forward to a heap of money the next time I load the game:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CKY

quiet possibly is reown that does it..not 100% sure so i wont argue lol

Advertisement