Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fable 2

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Great game, if a little too short and easy...

One really annoying bug for me was
    Lady Grey. Decided I wanted to keep her for myself, but the dizzy bint just started walking off and wouldn't stop to let me propose to her... Damn zombies, if they're not trying to eat your brains they're breaking your heart!:(
    Reloaded the game and there was no sign of her anywhere

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Got it today (yeah, cos the pile of unplayed or barely played games was dwindling to single digits :rolleyes:). So far I'm loving it. Havent noticed any of the serious bugs but one or two minor ones.

I think the game is very very ambitious and definitely "charming" as someone put it. Currently i'm quite engrossed by it and its already had that effect of "I'd better put this away, I'm up early in the morning. What do you mean, 'its already morning'?". :)

I'm really surprised about the bad bugs though because I dont have my XB connected online and havent patched at all and it seems fine...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

tman wrote: »
    Great game, if a little too short and easy...

One really annoying bug for me was
    Lady Grey. Decided I wanted to keep her for myself, but the dizzy bint just started walking off and wouldn't stop to let me propose to her... Damn zombies, if they're not trying to eat your brains they're breaking your heart!:(
    Reloaded the game and there was no sign of her anywhere

A good game yes. But far far far tooooo short!!!! I really thought the game was just starting when it was the end. Hardly epic. I mean RPG/adventure games are meant to be long aren't they. I think they spent far too much time on the sims type parts than expanding the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Finished this as well a few days ago, good game, a bit short alright but it was pretty intense while it lasted. Good atmosphere and it does draw you in.

Towards the end, it gets very easy once you max out your skills, very difficult to get killed (or rather knocked over :rolleyes:).

The ending itself was rather anti-climatic:
    not even a final boss battle.

Also there wasn't a very large range of enemies. Didn't really get into the real estate side of things.

As for bugs, maybe I was lucky but I didn't come across a single one - no hang ups or freezes. I was playing an imported copy, maybe that made a difference?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The only "bug" I have noticed (and its pretty infuriating) is that the Sweet-Spot-O-Meter for Blacksmithing (and other things I guess) jumps about each time you swing and also there is major lag from clicking the button to when the indicator stops which is madness for a game that tests your accuracy!

Anyone else find that?

Also, I think I the economy thing is a bit broken. At the end of the intro you have to meet up with the woman in the first town. I'm a bit OCD about these games and I investigated everywhere, took every side quest etc and I had about 1k in Gold. While waiting for her I built that up to 2k (partly by gambling... not a good idea, and partly by blacksmithing, see above!).

Just after she arrived, I bought the fruit and veg place she appears at. I mean, I'm still a n00b and I already own a shop and I'm making a decent bundle from it. When I turn it on today 24 hours later I should have over the cost of buying the place in cash waiting for me 80 gold p/h x 24 is nearly the cost of it.

That doesnt sound right...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

DeVore wrote: »
    The only "bug" I have noticed (and its pretty infuriating) is that the Sweet-Spot-O-Meter for Blacksmithing (and other things I guess) jumps about each time you swing and also there is major lag from clicking the button to when the indicator stops which is madness for a game that tests your accuracy!

Anyone else find that?

No, I'm a 5 star smith :p

Only joshin, yeah smithing is the toughest of the 3 jobs available. Once it goes above 15 swords in a row it becomes a real effort to time it.

I find there is a bit of lag but not enough to make me miss. EDIT: this sounded very arrogant, it is hard to do, speed, size of target, slight lag, lack of concentration make it tough.

When I started I did this continually until I had 5 stars, you end up with about 30k from it.
    Just after she arrived, I bought the fruit and veg place she appears at. I mean, I'm still a n00b and I already own a shop and I'm making a decent bundle from it. When I turn it on today 24 hours later I should have over the cost of buying the place in cash waiting for me 80 gold p/h x 24 is nearly the cost of it.

That doesnt sound right...

DeV.

Ok I know when the console is on and you are playing you get gold every 5 mins from rent and businesses.

I thought this number decreased when the console was off. Don't know to what though. I should do a test or read an FAQ or something

If you're looking for a perfect economy though I think this will let you down. Its a great way to get money in the game and adds a bit of a different angle to it, but if you have any sort of real economics experience (I don't) you could probably punch holes in it all day . One thing which would have been handy is a property portfolio manager, so that later in the game when you own nearly every building, you could adjust prices and rent without having to physically walk up to the door and set it.

Just to give you an idea of how much earnings go to, every 5 mins when the console is on I get 16 grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

i was so so disappointed. i agree with someone above when it was actually ending i honestly thought wow whats next plot line after this/ nope thats all folks. Now go wander the world with no purpose :(

tbh it almost makes the game no worth buying, im trading it on since ive no interest in completing games 100%. once the story is done im out and playing a diff game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Has this been patched properly yet?

Advertisement