Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massa or Ham? Who do WANT to win the Title?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Hamilton, youngest even younger than the spanish guy, wot's his name... a yesterday man

His name is Alonso, he's the guy that finished ahead of Hamilton 4 of the last 5 races in an inferior car. He also has 1 more WDC that Lewis, I guess you might hear more about him next year.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Does anyone know how far behind Glock was Hamilton after his Lewis took the final pit-stop. If it was only a few seconds, then there cannot be anything said against Timo. Only if he slowed significantly where the track was dry can any questions be asked.

He was lying in 7th place before the rain started. If he had changed onto wets, then he would have at best finished in the same place, in which case Lewis would still have finished in front of him. He rightly took the gamble that he might be able to hold onto fourth as there were only a few laps left and much of the track was still dry.

I didn't see him spin, just driving slowly into the final corners where Vettel and Hamilton passed him. If Toyota wanted to help McLaren (Why?!), all they would have to do was pit Glock as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Jor wrote: »
    Does anyone know how far behind Glock was Hamilton after his Lewis took the final pit-stop. If it was only a few seconds, then there cannot be anything said against Timo. Only if he slowed significantly where the track was dry can any questions be asked.

Glock was ~20 seconds behind when Hamilton pitted. Hamilton emerged ~8 seconds behind when it didn't start to rain heavily Glock moved to 15.618 seconds ahead on lap 69. So from lap 69 to 71 Glock lost over 21 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Comparing Trulli to Massa, the gap was 59 seconds when Massa pitted on lap 67 to 40 seconds when Massa emerged. Massa started to pull away again and on the last lap Trulli lost ~25 seconds to Massa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

When Hamilton started his last lap behind Vetel.. !
    Glock was already 15 seconds up the road... How can you lose that amount of time??
    I dont think everything adds up.. ( well.. except maybe for Glocks New bank account :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm no fan of Hamilton and I'm gutted to see him win the championship, but to suggest that Glock in some way "took a dive" is poor form imo. He was on the wrong tyres when it started to rain heavier. Simple as. We all saw what happened on the last couple of laps in Belgium with Heidfeld and Alonso. Today was a similar situation with drivers having the right or, in Glock's case, wrong, tyres to suit changing conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ham is the man now, get use to it! lol

Ham all the way baby!

Advertisement