Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sennheiser CX300 earphones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Got a pair of these from 7dayshop (was making use of the P&P fee by multi-ordering:)). Cost close to twice the ebay price and I still reckon they were a bargain. If you use the earphones that came with your mp3 player then these will remind you that bass does exist :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Have the same plugs, good quality, need a few hours continuous playback to burn them in - but are a no brainer at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

My second pair of CX300's just broke :(

I'm hoping sennheiser have some sort of warranty as they are really brilliant earphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

positron wrote: »
    Plenty of fakes in eBay but I think this is original. Looks, feels and sounds like the real thing

Sennheiser had a fairly serious overstock of these headphones a while back, so slashed the price to offload them. The lower end of the Sennheiser range are produced in China so it's highly likely that these are genuine.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

if they are genuine sounds like an excellent price, might pick up a pair of these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭endaob

Just ordered a pair, thanks for posting that. Have had a pair of PX200s for the last few years, these will be a handy second pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Ordered a pair, Thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Broke my headphones last week so these will do nicely

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

They're brilliant quality headphones. retailing at about 40 euro...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just wondering if they really are genuine?? Have a piar of genuine ones myself but the fear of anything happening to them has me interested in these. Have you genuine ones to compare them too? Few signs. i.e the logo on the bud, fake ones, the L & R letters seem to be wrote thicker, plus when you open the bud up the speaker size is different. Less than 10 euro seems to good to be true considering they retail for approx 40-50 euro.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8392

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

+1 Slunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Wouldn't be keen on buds from the bay - an awful amount of fakes out there,
    What was the packaging like - proper sealed blister pack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Great find just ordered a set.
    Thanks for the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

I will try and post some pics of the packaging tomorrow - left it at work. Now, from my limited experience with CX300, these looks original. I have had an original CX300 (from play.co.uk, paid around €35 last year) and have also had a fake CX300 from eBay. The fake was a good copy, but not as good as the original - it broke a few weeks ago. And I left behind the original when I was away in holidays.

The one I got from the above seller is packaged exactly same as what I got from play.co.uk. I struggled to open it then (was away, business trip, no scissors etc) and it was just as hard this time too - even with scissors..!! The cord feels exactly the same and the buds etc feels the same. Sound feels about the same too - can't tell if its what I am listening to or not, but not sure if there's a hint of crackling at high bass...

Well, I will try to post some pics tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ordered anyway, worth the shot for a tenner. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The fake ones look very convincing these days. Ended up with a pair of fake ones that were undistinguishable visually from the real ones (I checked the ebay guide) but sounded tinny and awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Nice one, bought those earphones of the same seller about 4 days ago. Heard about the amount of fakes that were going around, nice to know that they arent and getting the real deal for a cheap price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

exiot wrote: »
    Heard about the amount of fakes that were going around, nice to know that they arent and getting the real deal for a cheap price.
    Where was this confirmed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Daemonic wrote: »
    Got a pair of these from 7dayshop (was making use of the P&P fee by multi-ordering:)). Cost close to twice the ebay price and I still reckon they were a bargain. If you use the earphones that came with your mp3 player then these will remind you that bass does exist :D

Got a pair from ebay, then 7dayshop myself. The ones from ebay were blatant fakes, and I'm almost sure the ones from 7dayshop were as well. Either that or everybody raving about the sound quality of these is totally cloth eared.
    Ended up going back to the headphones that came with my iPod, as they carried way more bass than these flat yokes.

I wouldn't really risk it tbh, especially not from an ebay seller with less than 200 feedback

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Advertisement

Apologies guys - I now have at least one reason to believe that this is a fake - a good fake, but a fake nonetheless.

I went through Moonbeam's link and there's one thing that didn't match - the metal mesh inside the earphone. High res image of the original shows its a mesh, where as the one I got has a perforated plate...

(Large) highres image here: http://sennheiserusa.com/media/hiresImages/CX300-B_hires.jpg

Fake (mine from above seller looks like this):
    http://i29.tinypic.com/2m4rc4x.jpg

Unless there is some other sane explanation to this (like newer models have plate rather than mesh etc), I have to think this is fake. I think I will get in touch with the seller on this. Funny, everyone else seems to have left positive feedback for the seller on these headphones! :(

oh man, thats a tenner down the drain. Should have known at that price i suppose, can you report it to ebay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Apologies guys - I now have at least one reason to believe that this is a fake - a good fake, but a fake nonetheless.

I went through Moonbeam's link and there's one thing that didn't match - the metal mesh inside the earphone. High res image of the original shows its a mesh, where as the one I got has a perforated plate...

(Large) highres image here: http://sennheiserusa.com/media/hiresImages/CX300-B_hires.jpg

Unless there is some other sane explanation to this (like newer models have plate rather than mesh etc), I have to think this is fake. I think I will get in touch with the seller on this. Funny, everyone else seems to have left positive feedback for the seller on these headphones! :(

Crap..I wonder is it too late to cancel.

I have emailed the seller asking him to tell me why I shouldn't report him to eBay. Never reported a seller to eBay before, how does that work? Will I be asked to prove the item I got is fake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I have emailed the seller asking him to tell me why I shouldn't report him to eBay. Never reported a seller to eBay before, how does that work? Will I be asked to prove the item I got is fake?

Please do report it, and I'd advise everyone that thinks they're fake to do the same. You can do it directly from the sellers listing with the 'Report this item' link at the very end of the page or CLICK HERE if you're lazy. :)

It's not my area of expertise, but as far as I know when this report goes to eBay CS, the copyright infringement guys will take a look and if they suspect anything at all will simply end all of the sellers listings and it's then up to them to prove legitimacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

I think I will get in touch with the seller on this. Funny, everyone else seems to have left positive feedback for the seller on these headphones! :(

Unfortunately eBay will probably not do much going by recent court cases with name brands trying to make ebay responsible for fakes.
    As for the feedback I'm convinced most people don't know how good the real thing is, so they're happy with a good quality fake.
    I've bought my fair share of fakes meself - so much so that I've given up on buying buds altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

check this ->http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250293624741

specifically pic 4 - maybe they are not fake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Last fakes I had looked pretty convincing even when checked against that guide. The fakers have obviously seen it too and are doing a better job in making their buds look authentic. They still sound **** though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

CX300-4.jpg

• Advertisement

The pair I bought from 7dayshop pass all the genuine tests :)

Although the sound improvement over the pair supplied with ipods is so good I wouldn't care if they were fake cause they sound great.:p

The "metal webby cover" on the one I got from this seller is set inside the sound tube, with a tiny rim around it - so in that sense its like the original. The clear plastic shell it came has PET at the bottom, like the original. However, based on the pictured I linked earlier, different between mesh and perforated sheet is obvious...

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

If you can live with white ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They look the read deal based on the picture of the set you bought, as I have a pair I bought here and its mesh set within the plastic, will wait to see if some of the other boardies can look at theirs when they arrive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

They look the read deal based on the picture of the set you bought, as I have a pair I bought here and its mesh set within the plastic, will wait to see if some of the other boardies can look at theirs when they arrive.

THats what I've been thinking but for €7.50 I might risk it

well mine have been shipped, just looking at the latest feedback on the seller
    poor delivery, found they were an inferior product, no bass, poor quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I find there's very little point in reporting the seller... It makes shag all difference. I bought a fake mem card, reported the seller.. God a shed load of offensive emails from him... Sent all these into ebay n just got automated replies. Got onto Sandisk about it and they didn't care... Seller is still there, still selling a load of mem cards.. I even sent mails to the last 10 people he sold to to tell them that they'd been had, they all reported him to but it made shag all difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I think your still safe there, mine look just like your "fake" and I bought them from 7dayshop, was like 30euro then, which was a bargin compared to the 60euro they where in HMV. They sound perfect and have lasted well over a year now so if mine too are a fake, how good are the real ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

unklerosco wrote: »
    I find there's very little point in reporting the seller... It makes shag all difference. I bought a fake mem card, reported the seller.. God a shed load of offensive emails from him... Sent all these into ebay n just got automated replies. Got onto Sandisk about it and they didn't care... Seller is still there, still selling a load of mem cards.. I even sent mails to the last 10 people he sold to to tell them that they'd been had, they all reported him to but it made shag all difference.

In fairness I think Sennheiser are probably more concerned the problem.
    http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/press_archive_4-2006_press_211206

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

If these are fake, then you're just wasting €7.50

I picked mine up in Gatwick airport for about £20

Let this be a lesson to you kids...

£20 would seem comparable with the 7dayshop price seeing as they ship them from the Channel Isles and pay no VAT on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

zAbbo wrote: »
    If these are fake, then you're just wasting €7.50

I picked mine up in Gatwick airport for about £20

Let this be a lesson to you kids...
    It's actually 7.50GBP.

Let that be a lesson to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

bollix. i bought 4 of them.

cos im always harping on about how fukin rappa in-earphones are (I have shures and vmoda vibes) so was looking to pick a few cheap ones up as stocking fillers.

do they sound good tho op?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭SinLight

unklerosco wrote: »

Hi there,

Any chances you could let others know what is the guys' id?

For the future reference not to buy of him... :)

Cheers in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

SinLight wrote: »
    Hi there,

Any chances you could let others know what is the guys' id?

For the future reference not to buy of him... :)

Cheers in advance.

No need, any half cheap sennheisers on ebay will definitely be fakes. Don't buy sennheiser from ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Damn I was so hoping these were real cause my ear phones broke during the weekend and using the original ipod ones which are **** :mad:

So many fakes after reading up on it I don't think I'm even gonna chance buying from the mymemory site.

Just going to go into HMV and pay €45 for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Block (8 wrote: »
    So many fakes after reading up on it I don't think I'm even gonna chance buying from the mymemory site.

Don't be crazy. I've bought two sets of Sennheiser headphones from MyMemory including the CX300s and I can confirm they were 100% genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

well whether they're fakes or not - do they at least sound good?

Well, as I said before, I am really don't know enough about sounds to comment on the quality of these but let me put it this way - the original CX300 (I think they were original, from play.co.uk) were very good - let me give it 9/10. Then I got a cheap obvious fake from eBay, and it sounded pretty good too - say about 7/10. Then I bought earphones for <€3 at DealExtreme and they are not bad, I would give that 6/10. The fakes I got here is slightly better than the dealextreme pair... and fits well and wears well, but it did crackle faintly - so I guess 7/10....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Got these in the post this morning, if I hadn't rad this thread I wouldn't have known that these are fakes, not too sure still. The packaging was 10/10, the sound on them is grand better than any earphones you would pay for a tenner anyway

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Block (8 wrote: »
    Damn I was so hoping these were real cause my ear phones broke during the weekend and using the original ipod ones which are **** :mad:

HMV in Cork have ones for 29.99 . Only problem is that they are pink.

• Advertisement
Advertisement