Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sennheiser CX300 earphones

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

A frequency response comparisson test would be ideal if someone had a good mic, and were actually bothered. :p

That way you'd definitely be able to see the difference visually on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

exiot wrote: »
    Got these in the post this morning, if I hadn't rad this thread I wouldn't have known that these are fakes, not too sure still. The packaging was 10/10, the sound on them is grand better than any earphones you would pay for a tenner anyway

Glad to know it wasn't too bad - I thought the packaging was perfect too - whats what made me post this in the first place.. I don't have the original CX300 anymore to do a direct comparison, but I've been using this for last week or so and I am quiet happy with the sound... May be its worth the tenner after all...! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Mine just arrived. Very very very convincing but I still reckon they're fake. Packaging is identical but has no validation sticker/batch number. Comparing them to my existing genuine pair they seem almost identical but the construction isn't as good, there's a gap between the earphone and metal ring. I don't really have time to scrutinise the sound but they do seem to be lacking in bass compared to my other pair.

But other than that, using the guide Moonbeam posted earlier, they seem incredibly accurate.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

parsi wrote: »
    HMV in Cork have ones for 29.99 . Only problem is that they are pink.

Oh I was in there last week and didn't see that thanks.
    I might just try mymemory after all, pink kinda clashes with the colour of my eyes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Zascar wrote: »

from a seller with no feedback? there is no reason to believe these are genuine so best to edit that post. We don't want to start the whole thing off again.

I too received mine in the post, packaging is totally convincing. I haven't got a real pair to compare sound to though. For a tenner i have working earphones at least, could have been worse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

comet wrote: »
    from a seller with no feedback? there is no reason to believe these are genuine so best to edit that post. We don't want to start the whole thing off again.
    +1

I'd be very suspicious of that seller. No feedback, 20 available and is selling for less than mymemory. He probably just imported them from a Chinese seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Got mine today. Happy with them, the sound is grand for me.

I'm sure someone with the ears of a bat would have something negative to say but there you go.

Upon closer inspection I can confirm these are definitely fake. The perforated mesh is the giveaway. And the sound is greatly inferior to the genuine ones. I'm still amazed at how close they are though.

I really encourage everyone to leave negative feedback for this seller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

If we appeal to PayPal or something can we get our monies back do ye reckon?

For the sake of 10 euro, it's not worth the bother imo. We all should have known better tbh.

Also, you could just contact the seller and threaten him with negative feedback unless he gives you a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I bought some fakes off ebay last month...they looked identical except for the headphone jack.

And of course once you listen to music on them it's completely obvious they're fakes.

I contacted the seller and he refunded me, said he had re-ordered a batch from a Chinese seller, and the first batch had been genuine Sennheisers. He got kicked off ebay over it...which is a pity as he apparently refunded all his buyers and he didn't knowingly sell fakes.

For the sake of 10 euro, it's not worth the bother imo. We all should have known better tbh.

Also, you could just contact the seller and threaten him with negative feedback unless he gives you a refund.

Yeah I wouldn't really care about one but ...
    bollix. i bought 4 of them.

cos im always harping on about how fukin rappa in-earphones are (I have shures and vmoda vibes) so was looking to pick a few cheap ones up as stocking fillers.

do they sound good tho op?

I'd rather I got one decent pair than 4 fakes :( was looking forward to seeing what they were like too cos I've read good things about them. ah well, as someone said earlier, we shoulda known better.

Anwyay, mine haven't arrived yet but when they do I'll mail yer man and see what he says. fukc it actually, I'll send a mail to paypal too if he doesnt refund me. sure what the hell, its only a mail and things are quiet :D

edit- btw, I got two fake pairs of koss plugs before from ebay too. had had left the + feedback before I sussed it. anyway, feel especially stoopid now :o

If your paypal is going through a credit card you could try contacting them id paypal is not interested.

I heard they take a stronger approach and take the money off paypal if they agree with you.
    Seeing as this is the selling of counterfeit products they might be helpful especially in the case of nice1franko who bought four.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

Why does someone not ask the Guys in Sennheiser Ireland - they are great guys and Dublin based - Sennheiser also have a prodcution plant in Tullamore??

ATB,

john Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Just got mine yesterday,in one word CRAP! These sound awful,hardly any bass with a horrible peak at mid range that hurts your ears ,they are loud but most of what you are hearing is distortion.The packaging looks 100% authentic so do the buds themselves but as soon as you put them in your ears things go downhill rapid,not worth e1 never mind e10.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I got mine today and for €10 i think they're pretty good. They're more comfortable than my shure e2cs and on my ipod they sound great. Considering how much you'd pay for a pair of crap headphones in any of the shops here I'm very happy with these.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

In fairness what did you (we) expect for the price ?

It looked too good to be true and it was...

I'd view paypal protection as being for items that are priced pretty damn close to the real price but turn out to be fake.I don't think that buying something for a fraction of the RRP really constitutes fraud....

...then again maybe you could argue that the product received wasn't worth 10c let all 10euro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

I think the argument here would be that buyer was conned by the seller - he advertised Sennheiser CX300s and buyer in the end received what was advertised, simple as that. The other angles, misrepresentation, infringement of Sennheiser's copyrighted design, logo etc are for eBay to look after I suppose, but eBay would only worry about such listings if Sennheiser takes a strong stand against such eBay listings...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

Are mymemory.co.uk a safe bet for getting the genuine article?

CX300's for £17.99 delivered is plausible but heading towards suspiciously cheap.

CX300's for £17.99 delivered is plausible but heading towards suspiciously cheap.
    Yep, totally safe. I've gotten loads of things from them, including two Sennheisers, the CX300 and the HD555, both genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

I just mailed the guy and said it was clear to me they weren't real and I asked for a refund. Came through in a few hours.

I have a cx300 and cx95 on order since Sunday and should have it either Thursday or Friday.
    I'll do a check on them (well at least I'll try :) ) but tbh that's the price they should be about for a genuine pair and sad professor seem to vouch for them.

Just received from mymemory and they seem genuine.
    Did a quick sound check and looking at the mesh seem to be alright.
    If you listen through your earphones a lot consider the cx95 but admittedly there is not a night and day difference at the moment until fully broken in maybe but better nonetheless at a price though.

I just mailed the guy and said it was clear to me they weren't real and I asked for a refund. Came through in a few hours.

Yeah, me too.

BTW, I tried a pair of them out and I think they're terrible. On one hand; I'm used to good earphones, but on the other; I used to use Koss plugs, which are cheap as chips too, and they've a great sound by comparison.

Still, they are a step up from the normal ipod phones so, regardless of their authenticity, if you're happy with them then job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

BTW, I tried a pair of them out and I think they're terrible. On one hand; I'm used to good earphones, but on the other; I used to use Koss plugs, which are cheap as chips too, and they've a great sound by comparison.

Still, they are a step up from the normal ipod phones so, regardless of their authenticity, if you're happy with them then job done.

They definitely are not a step up from ipod earphones. The earphones I got with my ipod touch are much better. The fake Sennheisers have no bass and sound really tinny.

Yeah, I actually agree there Tusky. I had worded the above sentence something like:

"Still, if you think they're a step up from the normal ipod phones then, regardless of authenticity, good for you."

But then changed it at the last minute cos I sounded like a condescending prik.

So, in summary, they're ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Yep, fake. Superbly packaged, but fake.

This must be the first case I've seen where the packaging cost more than the contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 badkittybad

Just got refund for mine.No suprise about them being fake at that price but got them from good reviews here.now I'm no expert on audio but the sound off these was pretty poor,below standard ipod and no better than cheap ones from deal extreme.

Remember Specsavers do hearing tests now lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Got refund too (was planning on leaving neg feedback but decided to contact the seller first), so can't complain too much

they really do sound awful though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I've binned the headphones (useless )...but kept the packaging, as I feel that this alone was worth a tenner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

I would say fake. I got some Bose earphones when I was in China. They were fake but sounded good. So for 7.50 you might as well

Advertisement