Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you change course?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on going to NCAD, but when I get in(If i do) and a personal event takes places would I be able to move to Trinity to my second choice.
    I have a friend who cahnged from UCD to Trinity in her first week but i'm not sure if you can do the same with NCAD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

You'd need the points for the Trinity course and meet all other entry requirements

And you can't move if there are no spaces left in the Trinity course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I dont actually know what NCAD is, but if its like a normal college there wont be a problem with you leaving. There might be a fuss kicked up about registration fees however. I would suggest talking to the head of the school that resides over the cours you are doing first. As for getting into trinity... if you have the points and more importantly, there is space in the course then you should be allowe in no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I dont actually know what NCAD is, but if its like a normal college there wont be a problem with you leaving. There might be a fuss kicked up about registration fees however. I would suggest talking to the head of the school that resides over the cours you are doing first. As for getting into trinity... if you have the points and more importantly, there is space in the course then you should be allowe in no problem

NCAD - National College of Art and Design.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Not sure tbh. I've heard of switching courses within the college itself, but it would be trickier moving college entirely.
    However, since Trinity starts in October, and NCAD starts in September afaik, there might be more of a chance, if you decided, say, before registering for TCD even began.
    Definitely contact the colleges to find out for certain, though. I doubt it's something they'd encourage though, because it's mad messy to be doing stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

HouseHippo wrote: »
    I'm planning on going to NCAD, but when I get in(If i do) and a personal event takes places would I be able to move to Trinity to my second choice.
    I have a friend who cahnged from UCD to Trinity in her first week but i'm not sure if you can do the same with NCAD.

you mention moving to your second choice... if it was your second choice on the CAO and you were offered and accepted your first choice, there is no way you will be offered your second choice, however if you accept your second choice on the CAO and in a subsequent round are offered your first choice then you can move.

• Advertisement
Advertisement